Crown Princess Seafood Buffet - where, when and what???

brenderlou

I recently read on another thread that the Crown does do the sail away seafood buffet from someone that is on the Crown now.

What time is the seafood buffet? Is it during sailaway - late afternoon or in the evening?

What type of seafood is included?

Where is it located on the Crown?

Is it very crowded?

I think that's enough questions for today :p.....thanks!!!

I recently read on another thread that the Crown does do the sail away seafood buffet from someone that is on the Crown now.

What time is the seafood buffet? Is it during sailaway - late afternoon or in the evening?

What type of seafood is included?

Where is it located on the Crown?

Is it very crowded?

I think that's enough questions for today :p.....thanks!!!

It is in the buffet and it is all evening. Think of it as dinner.

There was a seafood sailaway buffet on the Crown on September 23, so don't worry. That said it wasn't that great -- I've had much better Alaskan king crab legs at land-side buffets -- and there are other seafood-themed buffets throughout the trip (including a Creole seafood buffet, as I recall).

One thing they prepared well and had tons of at every buffet was shrimp, so hopefully you like that! :)

I hope they do have it. I'm on the Crown on 11/7 and bought a cracker to take along since they didn't have any in the buffet last year. I bent up a fork trying to eat lobster claws. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

LOL, I had a picture of you purchasing and walking on board the ship with a single Ritz or Triscuit in hand (for your clam chowder or something) until I read the following sentence. I was going to say Princess hadn't cut their food budget that badly! :D

Have to tell you there were no shell crackers on the Crown last week either, but they weren't really necessary outside of one or two buffets; you're right about the claws, but the crab legs were sliced laterally and the lobster tails were scooped out by your server.

So, if I'm reading this correctly there are lobster tails at the seafood buffet? That is, of course, if it is on your particular sailing.

Regrettably, no; the tails are the exclusive domain of the dining rooms on formal night. The corresponding claws end up in the buffet, lol. Alaskan king crab legs are a mainstay of both. Your seafood buffet will consist of shrimp, various fish, crab legs, sea scallops, calamari, and lobster claws.

LOL, I had a picture of you purchasing and walking on board the ship with a single Ritz or Triscuit in hand (for your clam chowder or something) until I read the following sentence. I was going to say Princess hadn't cut their food budget that badly! :D

Have to tell you there were no shell crackers on the Crown last week either, but they weren't really necessary outside of one or two buffets; you're right about the claws, but the crab legs were sliced laterally and the lobster tails were scooped out by your server.

You're right. I kept thinking when I was making the post that people would think I was bringing a box of Ritz crackers so I tried to explain. Last year, there weren't many crab legs. There were mostly what I call crab knees...or the joints. I had claws and knees and could barely get anything out of them. I'm taking SHELL crackers this year just in case.

Regrettably, no; the tails are the exclusive domain of the dining rooms on formal night. The corresponding claws end up in the buffet, lol. Alaskan king crab legs are a mainstay of both. Your seafood buffet will consist of shrimp, various fish, crab legs, sea scallops, calamari, and lobster claws.

I have been on a couple sailings where they had lobster tails (split) on the buffet. It's always up to the chef and probably what kind of surplus they have.

I have been on a couple sailings where they had lobster tails (split) on the buffet. It's always up to the chef and probably what kind of surplus they have.

I wish we had had a surplus of tails! I'd have taken them over all the crab claws/knees/joints combined -- bigger meat and no crackers (shell or otherwise) necessary! ;) My only lobster tail last week was on the 2nd formal night, and even then I ended up with the smallest one at the table. :p

• 2 years later...
I was SOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to it on Crown

I loved it on CB

PRINCESS BRING SAILAWAY SEAFOOD BUFFET BACK!!!!!

I have to agree ..the SailAway Seafood Buffet sure was a nice touch on Princess .. It sure would be nice to bring it back someday!!!:)

Archived