Upgrade Possible???

caychateau

Here's the deal. We booked a mini-suite guarantee on the Crown for the December 5th sailing this year. Now I see that all the min-suites are booked and there is a waitlist for our category and our personalized still does not have our room assignement. What do all you well seasoned Princess cruisers think are our chances of being upgraded to... dare I even speak it... a full suite? BTW there are 11 full suites still available????:)

What do all you well seasoned Princess cruisers think are our chances of being upgraded to...

Are you a first time Princess cruiser? If you are, then you're probably in the best position. We have cruised 20+ times with Princess and rarely get upgraded.

Oh, and don't hold your breath on the UG to a full suite. But, you never know... best case scenario would be to a mid-ship location mini-suite (cat AA).

We are first time cruisers with Princess. I'd be VERY happy with any mini-suite in any location (which is why I booked the guarantee) but am also a bit of a gambler so the suspense is fun, not knowing and waiting, and hoping! However, i'll try not to hold my breath too long:p!

We are first time cruisers with Princess. I'd be VERY happy with any mini-suite in any location (which is why I booked the guarantee) but am also a bit of a gambler so the suspense is fun, not knowing and waiting, and hoping! However, i'll try not to hold my breath too long:p!

I wish you the best of luck! We are doing the same thing with our December 10th cruise. As long as Suites are still available I'm going to dream, it's all part of the fun. Of course, like you we will be happy with any mini if that's what we receive.:)

I do exactly the same thing ;) I'm not fussy on location and its fun building up to the cruise. I'm booked on Dec 5 b2b Mexican Riviera in a mini guarantee still no allocation. Last year I got D421 category AA great location. I wouldn't mind getting allocated further back this time, I like the motion of a ship.

How many times a day do you check?

I must do it atleast 3/4 times a day!:eek:

Have a great cruise.

Anthony

I do exactly the same thing ;) I'm not fussy on location and its fun building up to the cruise. I'm booked on Dec 5 b2b Mexican Riviera in a mini guarantee still no allocation. Last year I got D421 category AA great location. I wouldn't mind getting allocated further back this time, I like the motion of a ship.

How many times a day do you check?

I must do it atleast 3/4 times a day!:eek:

Have a great cruise.

Anthony

I don't know about the OP but I check it at least 3 or 4 times a day too. I'm glad others have as much fun as us. When did you get your cabin assigned last year?

I check at least 6/7 times a day lately:o. Don't know, but I might be disappointed when i finally get a stateroom assignment, nothing to obsess about, except... what to pack, shore excursions, where to dine on what nights.. ipod music, days to countdown.. forget it, I've got plenty to obsess over!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if either of you received your cabin assignment yet? We are 54 days away and still no assignment, keeping our fingers crossed.:)

You'll probably get your assignment a week or two prior to sailing. I'm sailing Nov 1 and still do not have an assignment.

We are also sailing on Nov 01, 2009 and no cabin assignment yet. I keep checking many times a day, and still nothing. I am hoping to get a stateroom # very soon, we are booked in category BD guarantee, and this will be our 8th cruise with Princess. We have never received an upgrade with Princess and do not expect one this time around either. We are just looking to get what we booked, but there is always hope of an upgrade there in the back of our minds. If we do not get upgraded I will not be disappointed, we are just happy to be sailing.

We are also sailing on Nov 01, 2009 and no cabin assignment yet. I keep checking many times a day, and still nothing. I am hoping to get a stateroom # very soon, we are booked in category BD guarantee, and this will be our 8th cruise with Princess. We have never received an upgrade with Princess and do not expect one this time around either. We are just looking to get what we booked, but there is always hope of an upgrade there in the back of our minds. If we do not get upgraded I will not be disappointed, we are just happy to be sailing.

It is fun though isn't it? I like checking the personalizer several times a day. I printed out a deck diagram and laminated it, so we could see where all the cabin categories were before we booked a guarantee. The husband has it beside the computer just in case there is an assignment.:p

Good luck! I hope you receive a wonderful upgrade.

Archived