OFFICIAL CC GROUP - Spirited Maniacs - Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera - Nov. 12/10

Luckysll

No, nothing yet. I hate pestering Laura because I know she handles other things for CC as well as the group cruises, so she must be up to her eyeballs in emails what with all the other groups out there wanting to become official.

I will email you the prices, fyi.

Yes, I see all the other threads out there that are waiting to hear back from her. I hope it is just lots of emails that she has to go through that is keeping her from getting back to you all and nothing else.

It's a very rainy Friday here, which is our typical Fall weather. This time of year, we often get a weather system referred to as the "Pineapple Express" because it comes from Hawaii and picks up a lot of moisture before hitting us.

Three years ago and six years ago, my basement suite flooded during a Pineapple Express downpour, but both times it was because of damaged drains on the Municipality side of the property line which have now been repaired. I still get a little nervous around now when it starts to rain. :D

Since I haven't heard from Laura, I've added my email address in the signature block, so people will be able to contact me for prices and booking info.

We have a great price for the group, and the $25 deposit makes it even more attractive.

If you've been the Caribbean a few times, why not try the Mexican Riviera? It surprised me and it's now one of my favorite cruises. Come along with the Spirited Maniacs and see for yourself.

Good morning, everyone.

There were a few people who posted when this was just a "possible" group cruise that they were interested in joining us (Winterstale, mamacat18, dobiemom), plus the people who voted in the poll to choose this date. Have any of you booked?

We'd love to have more people join us for this cruise. Beautiful ship, great weather and you'll still be home for Thanksgiving.

Good morning, everyone.

There were a few people who posted when this was just a "possible" group cruise that they were interested in joining us (Winterstale, mamacat18, dobiemom), plus the people who voted in the poll to choose this date. Have any of you booked?

We'd love to have more people join us for this cruise. Beautiful ship, great weather and you'll still be home for Thanksgiving.

Thats if you live in the US you will be home for Thanksgiving.:D

Sandy did it take this long to get you CC group page for the other group you have?:confused:

It took awhile to get the initial approval for the group because Laura was away on a cruise, but once we got the approval, the group page wasn't too far behind.

I imagine with all the problems people have been having getting in to CC, that Laura is quite busy. I know she gets a lot of emails, but I don't want to start adding to them by emailing her every day. I'll follow up once a week and hope that we get something set up soon.

Hopefully, since I have my email address in my signature, people will contact me. I know a lot of people prefer to just have a thread they can check out, but emailing me will in no way obligate anyone to book this cruise. I don't mind sending out the prices at all.

People may also be waiting until the new year to think about their next cruise.

Good morning, Spirited Maniacs.

Eveyone is so quiet. We need to get chatting and keep this cruise front and center. Get some excitement going for this cruise.

Anyone have any excursions they plan to do in the ports? I have seen the cliff divers in Acapulco, but thought this time I'd like to see the at night. I know Carnival offers an excursion that includes dinner and the diving show, might do that one.

Zihau I just enjoy wandering around the town. Haven't done a tour yet, but will have to see what's offered.

Manzanillo, we should be at the new pier that's being built and it's closer to town than the one currently being used. The current pier is in an industrial/cargo area and there's nothing really close to the ship.

Sandy: Either someone told me or I read somewhere that you can see the cliff divers from the ship at night - does that sound right?

Jerry

From what I remember, the ship is docked too far from the divers and there's the city between the ship and the cliffs, so I don't think it's possible. But to be honest when I was watching the divers, I wasn't paying attention to whether you could see the ship and once I was back on the ship, I wasn't looking for the divers at night. :D

Good morning, Spirited Maniacs.

Eveyone is so quiet. We need to get chatting and keep this cruise front and center. Get some excitement going for this cruise.

Anyone have any excursions they plan to do in the ports? I have seen the cliff divers in Acapulco, but thought this time I'd like to see the at night. I know Carnival offers an excursion that includes dinner and the diving show, might do that one.

Zihau I just enjoy wandering around the town. Haven't done a tour yet, but will have to see what's offered.

Manzanillo, we should be at the new pier that's being built and it's closer to town than the one currently being used. The current pier is in an industrial/cargo area and there's nothing really close to the ship.

I travel with a bunch of certified divers. That's the only thing I've looked up so far. There is diving in all 3 ports. I am not certified, although DH is trying to talk me into doing the classes........:eek:

Since we're almost into November, I thought I'd post some info about what we can expect in Acapulco. You could be enjoying this weather next year! :D

Come and join the Spirited Maniacs.

Acapulco weather can be hot and humid. The Acapulco climate is subtropical and it has a rainy summer season like most mexican beach destinations.

We can say without hesitation that from October to June it is Blue Skies guaranteed in Acapulco.

However temperatures almost never go down, the Acapulco average high year round is 86 F, and 72 F in the early mornings. Whether you find yourself in winter or summertime you can always bring the same type of clothes to Acapulco. Shorts during the day and pants at night are the only difference.

Ocean water temperatures: the average ocean water temperature is 80°F. As of May/June, the oceans water temperature is climbing and climbing, from october to march the water gets colder.

But don't worry: the ocean will still be hot enough to swim in!

In general, Mexican ocean temperatures are perfect all year round.

Be aware of the safety flags on Acapulco beaches. Don't go swimming if there is a red or black flag, this means the ocean has strong undertow and currents towards the open sea.

Happy Halloween to all the SPIRIT-ed Maniacs. :D

We don't get many trick or treaters at our house, so we go out to Costco and buy a box of full sized chocolate bars. Love the look on some kids' faces when they see the big bar instead of the little bite-sized ones. :D

If you are considering this cruise, but have never joined a Cruisecritic group cruise, why not give it a try.

What do you get? Well, you get to take advantage of lower, group prices, plus you receive amenities of a $100 per cabin OBC, a one hour private cocktail party and strawberries and champagne in your cabin.

You can also get a reduced deposit of only $25 per person for double occupancy, guaranteed cabins. Have a favorite cabin or location? No problem, you can book any cabin in any category and still get great rates and the amenities.

In some groups, the people have cruised together before, but you don't have to know anyone in the group to join in. Everyone is welcome to join any CC group cruise. And once you join a CC group, you are under no obligation to take part in any activities. We hope you'll join in (and chat on the roll call), but that's up to you.

At the moment, we don't have a forum set up in the Member Cruise section (just waiting for Laura to set it up), so for pricing and booking info, please email me at luckysll@hotmail.ca. You are under no obligation to book.

Hope you'll join us. If you have any questions, please ask.

Only had maybe 20 trick or treaters last night.

My brother and I usually end up eating a few of the chocolate bars that we buy before Halloween arrives and I am always worried that one year we'll get a lot more kids and won't have enough treats, so I went out and bought some extra candy. So now, I have lots of chocolate left over. :D

Does anyone know if this ship has self service laundry facilities? We were not too thrilled with all our baggage fees last trip............. Trying to figure out how to pack less.

Yes, there are laundry rooms on each deck. Not sure how much it costs, but probably a couple of dollars for a wash and the same for a dry. You can also buy laundry powder there, and they have irons as well.

When I did the Panama Canal cruise - 14 days - I flew on Alaska and at that time, they didn't charge for the first bag (they do now), so I was able to cram a lot of things into my large bag and a carry-on.

A couple who were on that cruise had only two carry-on bags each...no checked luggage at all! I thought I was a pretty good packer until I saw them. Of course, they didn't do the formal night and didn't have to pack all the extra stuff, but even so, that's pretty good for 14 days.

Yes, there are laundry rooms on each deck. Not sure how much it costs, but probably a couple of dollars for a wash and the same for a dry. You can also buy laundry powder there, and they have irons as well.

When I did the Panama Canal cruise - 14 days - I flew on Alaska and at that time, they didn't charge for the first bag (they do now), so I was able to cram a lot of things into my large bag and a carry-on.

A couple who were on that cruise had only two carry-on bags each...no checked luggage at all! I thought I was a pretty good packer until I saw them. Of course, they didn't do the formal night and didn't have to pack all the extra stuff, but even so, that's pretty good for 14 days.

I like to do the formal nights, so we have that stuff. And, we usually have scuba/snorkel gear. All these extras take up a lot of space!

We now have our Member Cruise listing and webpage! :D I've added links to both in my signature.

That's the good news.....the not so good news is that I cannot post prices until we have at least 8 cabins booked. Cruisecritic cannot have prices on it's website that are lower than Carnival advertised prices until there are at least 8 cabins booked. But don't worry, we are still considered a group with all the amenities and the price we were given is still good.

So, for anyone who is interested in this cruise, please check out the link in my signature and request pricing.

We need 8 cabins....who is going to be the person who books next?

Archived