OFFICIAL CC GROUP - Spirited Maniacs - Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera - Nov. 12/10

Luckysll

Okay, I'm going to ramp this up a bit because I still think this group cruise can work, but WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!

In addition to the great amenities being offered for this cruise - $100 OBC, champagne and chocolates and a one hour open bar cocktail party - I am personally providing a gift for the first 8 cabins booked, which I will give to you onboard!

There must be more people (especially on the West Coast), who would like to join us.

Eight days instead of the usualy 7, and a beautiful ship. Good pricing right now, too. For prices and booking info, please email me at luckysll @ shaw.ca. Unfortunately, until we get the 8 cabins booked, I can't post the prices in our Member Cruise forum.

Come join the Spirited Maniacs!!

What a bummer :(

So sorry Pam and family for having to cancel. I do hope you enjoy what ever holiday you end up choosing.

Sandy - I sure wish I would have noticed the member cruise prior to booking this sailing. We may not be apart of the official group but we are looking forward to meeting everyone. The pricing for this cruise is incredible so I am sure you will find others that will join you on the official group sailing. :)

We have started booking shore excursions, Acapulco - Birds, Turtles and City Overview (all 5 of us are booked on this tour. I did a mangrove tour in Mazatland a few years ago and it was incredible, hoping this one is as good). In Manzanillo 3 of us are booked to go Deep Sea Fishing (Hubby's and my dream). Ixtapa is still open as only 3 excursions are open to book at this point through Carnival. There are a few ppl from our little group that are considering the Dolphin Swim. Would anyone have info or experience doing this in Ixtapa??

We are all pretty excited and November just can't come fast enough!!

Jen

Jen - as I mentioned, whether this goes as a group cruise or not, I will be there, so I'll be chatting on the roll call and am looking forward to meeting you, too.

I did a dolphin swim, but it was in Costa Maya. It was an incredible experience and I would think most of them are pretty much the same. I haven't looked at any of the excursions yet, so I'll have to start doing that pretty soon.

I like going through Carnival rather than booking on my own since I usually travel solo and it's just easier (and, for me, safer) to do it that way.

Tired of the same Caribbean ports? Then come and experience the Mexican Riviera.

We're looking for more people to join the Spirited Maniacs on November 12 for our 8 day cruise to Acapulco, Zijuatanejo and Manzanillo.

For pricing and booking info, please email me at luckysll @ shaw.ca.

We cruise in only:

arg-3-50-trans.gifarg-6-50-trans.gif

weeks!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Want to join the Spirited Maniacs? We'd love to have you along when we cruise on the beautiful Carnival Spirit for 8 days to the ports of Acapulco, Zihautanejo/Ixtapa and Manzanillo.

Amenitites for our group include a $100 per cabin OBC, champagne and chocolates and a one hour cocktail party.

For prices and booking info, please email me at luckysll @ shaw.ca.

Thought I'd post a couple of pictures from one of my previous cruises on the Carnival Spirit.

Spirit arriving in San Diego:

Spiritinport.jpg?t=1268192134

Acapulco:

acapulco2.jpg?t=1268191628

We hope you will join us on this 8-day cruise on the Carnival Spirit to the Mexican Riviera on November 12, 2010.

Here is the itinerary:

Nov. 12 - San Diego

Nov. 13 - at sea

Nov. 14 - at sea

Nov. 15 - Acapulco

Nov. 16 - Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa

Nov. 17 - Manzanillo

Nov. 18 - at sea

Nov. 19 - at sea

Nov. 20 - San Diego

A $25 reduced deposit for double occupany guaranteed cabins is available until May 3, 2010 or while inventory lasts for double occupancy cabins. Full per person deposit of $250 is required for triples, quads, suites and cabin assignments at the time of booking. The second deposit of $225 per person is due for those who book at the reduced deposit on May 14, 2010.. Final payment for the group is due July 30, 2010.

Amenities include:

$100 OBC per cabin

Champagne and Chocolates

1 hour shared cocktail party

Cruise Critic Pins (one per person)

15% Discount on All Other Cruise Critic Logowear

For prices and booking info, please email me at luckysll @ shaw.ca

If you are considering this cruise, but have never joined a Cruisecritic group cruise, why not give it a try.

What do you get? Well, you get to take advantage of lower, group prices, plus you receive amenities of a $100 per cabin OBC, a one hour private cocktail party and strawberries and champagne in your cabin.

You can also get a reduced deposit of only $25 per person for double occupancy, guaranteed cabins. Have a favorite cabin or location? No problem, you can book any cabin in any category and still get great rates and the amenities.

Everyone is welcome to join any CC group cruise. And once you join a CC group, you are under no obligation to take part in any activities. We hope you'll join in (and chat on the roll call), but that's up to you.

For pricing and booking info, please email me at luckysll@hotmail.ca.

Hope you'll join us. If you have any questions, please ask.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd just bring this up front and centre again. Unfortunately, we only have 2 cabins booked with the group, and unless there is more interest by the end of the month (meaning at least a couple more cabins booked), I will have to let Laura know that this will no longer be a CC group cruise.

I still think this is a great cruise and ship (I'm going regardless of whether it's a group cruise or not). Just not sure why there isn't more interest in this particular sailing. When I first posted asking if there was interest in doing a group cruise, the responses indicated there was enough interest. I didn't think it would be a huge group, but I did think we'd get enough people or I would not have gone ahead with it.

I'd really like to keep this group cruise going. If anyone is interested in this cruise, please email me at luckysll@shaw.ca for pricing and booking info.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

We are going on the Nov 12 cruise and noticed this group, Spirited Maniacs. I am not sure if join the Spirited Maniacs before you book or after or if it matters.

We would like to join if it is open to new people.

Bena Bena

This sailing was to be a Cruise Critic cruise that offered additional ammenities if you booked within the group. There needed to be a minimum number of people for the group booking but unfortunately they didn't get enough staterooms booked and some others had to cancel. Therefore this is no longer a Cruise Critic group (called the Spirited Maniacs) .

My group of 5 actually didn't notice this roll call on Cruise Critic and booked directly with Carnival by using one of their PVP (Personal Vacation Planners - aka Cruise Agents).

There are still a few of us still going and another person has suggested a meet and greet (even if it isn't an official Cruise Critic group on the cruise).

Why don't we all plan to just meet in one of the lounges one afternoon or evening on a Sea day? Without the group booking I don't think we will receive any perks or bonuses from Carnival (ie private meeting space, prizes etc) but it would still be nice to meet everyone.

Any suggestions on a time/date/location??

Today is 100 DAY UNTIL WE CRUISE!!!!!

Jen

Bena Bena

This sailing was to be a Cruise Critic cruise that offered additional ammenities if you booked within the group. There needed to be a minimum number of people for the group booking but unfortunately they didn't get enough staterooms booked and some others had to cancel. Therefore this is no longer a Cruise Critic group (called the Spirited Maniacs) .

My group of 5 actually didn't notice this roll call on Cruise Critic and booked directly with Carnival by using one of their PVP (Personal Vacation Planners - aka Cruise Agents).

There are still a few of us still going and another person has suggested a meet and greet (even if it isn't an official Cruise Critic group on the cruise).

Why don't we all plan to just meet in one of the lounges one afternoon or evening on a Sea day? Without the group booking I don't think we will receive any perks or bonuses from Carnival (ie private meeting space, prizes etc) but it would still be nice to meet everyone.

Any suggestions on a time/date/location??

Today is 100 DAY UNTIL WE CRUISE!!!!!

Jen

Hi Jen. I'm glad you are still going on this cruise.

Rather than have this thread on the main pages where people will think it's still an official group, it would be better if you chatted in the main roll call forum.

I think I will ask one of the moderators to close this thread so there aren't any more posts. I just don't want to confuse anyone.

I'm sorry this didn't work out as a group, but know you will all have a wonderful time. I will be thinking about you.

Archived