Dream deck 8 9A cabins

kicia

This is what John Heald has to say about those cabins.

Hi John,

Quick question for you. The deck plans for the dream show the two 9A aft wraps on deck 8 as having full wraps (cabins 8466 and 8473) looking at some hi def pictures I found, it is clear that these cabins are not wraps at all, in fact the cabins “behind” them 8462 and 8469 have wrap balconies.

Now are my eyes deceiving me or is the Carnival deck plan wrong?

John Says:

Hello Dave

WOW – you may be right. I just read this and know I am not sure. Let me contact the ship and see if the balcony divider can be moved or not and what the correct information is. Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention and I hope to post the correct information in the next 24 hours. In fact……….I just received an immediate reply from the ship and this is the story.

According to the Guest Services Manager this was brought up to the ship yard yesterday in a meeting they had as you are correct. They are not wrap around balconies and therefore they are discussing with the shipyard ways to change this. Meanwhile guests who have booked these cabins based are being compensated accordingly. Hopefully this situation is taken care of quickly and I will let you know accordingly.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

Best wishes

John

Gives you something to think about. We have a 9A on deck 7 so I hope those are OK.

We have 8462 booked at the end of Feb. I sure hope they don't "fix"it too soon! :p

We have 8466 for the 2/27/10 sailing... I have a feeling we will cancel this one unless something is done to remedy the situation - or unless alternate arrangements can be made.

Tom

We have 8466 for the 2/27/10 sailing... I have a feeling we will cancel this one unless something is done to remedy the situation - or unless alternate arrangements can be made.

Tom

I sure hope they work it out for you. I know you have had this booked for awhile. I am assuming, since we paid alot less, they will try somehow to move us out of our room. We are suppose to be next to you on this cruise. We are not too picky, but, I know if I paid for a wrap, I would want a wrap.

This is what John Heald has to say about those cabins.

Hi John,

Quick question for you. The deck plans for the dream show the two 9A aft wraps on deck 8 as having full wraps (cabins 8466 and 8473) looking at some hi def pictures I found, it is clear that these cabins are not wraps at all, in fact the cabins “behind” them 8462 and 8469 have wrap balconies.

Now are my eyes deceiving me or is the Carnival deck plan wrong?

John Says:

Hello Dave

WOW – you may be right. I just read this and know I am not sure. Let me contact the ship and see if the balcony divider can be moved or not and what the correct information is. Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention and I hope to post the correct information in the next 24 hours. In fact……….I just received an immediate reply from the ship and this is the story.

According to the Guest Services Manager this was brought up to the ship yard yesterday in a meeting they had as you are correct. They are not wrap around balconies and therefore they are discussing with the shipyard ways to change this. Meanwhile guests who have booked these cabins based are being compensated accordingly. Hopefully this situation is taken care of quickly and I will let you know accordingly.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

Best wishes

John

Gives you something to think about. We have a 9A on deck 7 so I hope those are OK.

CRAP :eek:!!!! This is what I was afraid of :o :eek:

We have 8473.....I hope the come up with a solution soon!!!!

I sure hope they work it out for you. I know you have had this booked for awhile. I am assuming, since we paid alot less, they will try somehow to move us out of our room. We are suppose to be next to you on this cruise. We are not too picky, but, I know if I paid for a wrap, I would want a wrap.

I doubt they would move you.. but you never know.

They certainly can't do machine work/welding out there with passengers on the ship every day. Though they will have a couple of "passenger free" days when they reposition from NYC to Pt. Canaveral prior to the 12/3/09 sailing. Hopefully they can use that time to "fix" this issue (if that's even possible) as well as other things which come to their attention over the next few sailings.

Tom

Tom

Looks like we won't need your tape measure after all :o. I can not help by wonder what "taken care of quickly" might mean :(....

Since we have 8473 booked for 1/30 :eek: - I am very anxious to see what is going to happen.

That is EXACTLY how I feel :eek:!!

I doubt they would move you.. but you never know.

They certainly can't do machine work/welding out there with passengers on the ship every day. Though they will have a couple of "passenger free" days when they reposition from NYC to Pt. Canaveral prior to the 12/3/09 sailing. Hopefully they can use that time to "fix" this issue (if that's even possible) as well as other things which come to their attention over the next few sailings.

Tom

I hope you are right!!

When I sent this info to my CVS a week or so ago -asking her to help get information - the first thing she said is that it looked like the divider was in the wrong place :eek:. I guess we were on to something :rolleyes:....

so are you saying all they need to do is move the little balcony divider thingy a few feet forward?

*shall we keep this to one thread, or keep crossing over on both? LOL

I hope that is all it is :o.....

I am no ship builder, but seems to me.....that would solve the problem ;)

the 8 A, vista wrap is actually the largest aft balcony of them all , and it is the cheapest

I think it's the cheapest because it is under the lido. Big overhang, so no sun, and lots of noise. I hope you're a heavy sleeper..

Tom

We will be moving tomorrow, looking at the pictures of the cabin layout it just won't work for us.

I am glad John answered my post and I do hope this whole thing will be cleared up soon, I can imagine that there are a number of surprised people cruising in those (non) wraps for the next couple of weeks.

BTW

THIS is the thread I started after I first saw the pictures, take a look through it, there are some very good pictures showing the outside and the interior of the 9A's on deck 8.

Archived