Luggage size ??

jkstoy

Okay, I need some clarification please. Many posts say you can bring what ever size you want.... while CCL has this " Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length.

I just measured mine (which I thought is a pretty standard size) and it's

28'h (handle to wheels) x 16"w (or depth) x 17 length (side to side, front).

Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill here? Or would this luggage be okay to check-in???

I'm confuse... I'd love to start packing but don't know which piece to use.... :confused:

I just went to Carnival's website. Here is what they say:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"w x 16"h. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags.

So your bag is just fine, but you won't be able to do self-assist departure at the end of the cruise. Relax and get packing!

You cant take larger suitcase as carry ons, but you can debark with any size suitcase that you can manage. The requirements refer to carry on size when you are getting on the ship at depature.

We check the larger suitcase getting on (they make you) but carry it off and do self assist all the time.

The weight limit is stated to help out the backs of the stevedores who have to heave it into the bin for the forklift to drive onto the ship. Also, your luggage will need to be stored in your cabin, generally under the bed. If there are four people in your cabin, that's eight bags...EM

it's a suggestion...not a requirement from CCL.

you can take on as many as you like. porters know more bags they move, more tips they earn...$ per bag. if Dh and I only have 2 bags, well, that cuts in on their tips both ways. it's the extremely overweight bags that hurt the people taking care of the luggage. (dh is luggage handler for a major airline)

we take one very large bag, and a few smaller ones. but the larger one is usually not any heavier than our smaller ones. i carry my beach blanket-which is bulky but doesn't weigh alot and some other things.

our set of luggage has always fit under our bed...but then heck, i've only been on 2 cruises, sister ships conquest & liberty lol.

Archived