What time can you board in San Juan?

cindygad

What is the earliest time to board in San Juan? The departure time is 8:30 pm. The cruise information says 5:30. When we return the ship gets into port at 7:00.The ship is Millennium.

Hi, normally you can board in the noon hour or there abouts:):D

I have sailed out of San Juan a few different times and the

ship departed at 11:00pm once and 8:30pm the other sailings.

Still able to board before 1:00pm both times:)

Our TA called the cruise line for our 1/9/2010 cruise and was told we could not board before 5:30?

Hi,:) I think someone made an error. I have sailed in the evenings

before and have always boarded before 1:00pm.

I believe your Travel Agent was misinformed.

LUGGAGE - can usually be handed over to the pier workers long before you are able to baord.

We arrived at the pier in Venice last month at 9am after the overnight flight from NY and our luggage was taken right away!! That's usually how it works.

AND.... the cruise line (HAL) told our TA that luggage would not be taken until 1pm. So much for the quality of that info!

i"d hazard a guess that the person called at celerity reads from a script of some sort. Iif the ship is not ready for some reason, they don't want people complaining "I WAS TOLD....Better to be able to let people on when they are ready (before the published time) and let people feel good (I got on board quickly and early) also it still amazes me that they can turn a ship around in as little time as they do!!!! So, I'd say it may be worth a shot. I'm guessing the handlers will take the luggage as soon as they can. plus if you deposit hte luggage and cant get on right away, you can stroll over to Old San Juan for an hour or so.

From what I have read, where the Millennium will dock is too far from OSJ for a stroll. Would be nice, however. Some ships do dock in OSJ but not Celebrity, I have read.

You are right. Celebrity's embarkation pier is the Pan Am pier which isn't anywhere near Old San Juan. You would need a taxi. You could have the taxi that brings to the port wait while you check your luggage. Nancy

Hi everybody, we are doing about a 5 hr. tour in San Juan on saturday before we board the ship. Can we take our luggage to the ship and have it checked rather than leaving it in a restaurant or somewhere? We are staying at the marriott and thought they might keep it for us ,but it would be alot easier to have it on the ship already.

Archived