Any tips for a couple celebrating their 25th?

Rina's Mom

My husband and I are sailing on the Westerdam soon to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I talked him into an SC aft suite with the wrap-around balcony :D. We've never splurged for a suite (and probably won't again for another 25 years!), but I thought it would add to the celebration.

I'd like to know if anyone has any idea/tips/experience in making such a cruise even more memorable and romantic. (We have already decided not to do the vow renewal). Also, we are sailing with our best man and his wife.

Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks

Barb

Dear Barb,

Congrats on the milestone anniversary. We spent our 25th aboard the Veendam many years ago. It was wonderful! We renewed our vows on board and celebrated our anniversary the whole week! We brought along an "Antique" music machine (cassette tape player) with all of our favorite and sentimental songs. I packed an assortment of anniversary cards and little gifts and even decorated the room with silver "25"s.

The best part was our anniversary coincided with a port day in St. Thomas. People we met on board took us to their favorite jeweler and we purchased a special treat. Then it was on to Magen's Bay for a beautiful swim in the ocean! Live it up! Enjoy every minute of it! We still smile when we think of how we spent our 25th!

Congrat again,

Kathie

Oh, Kathie, I like the music idea. I just mentioned it to my husband and he likes it too. So we'll be doing that. I've already got some cards and stuff. It sounds like your anniversary cruise was wonderful; thank you for your congratulations and your suggestions.

And you're absolutely right, cb, any vacation with "hubbs" is a treat.

Barb

On a Princess cruise years ago we had a champagne breakfast out on our verandah.

We ordered the champagne the day before -- kept it cold in the refrigerator. The next morning we had our butler get us a bucket of ice to put the champagne in.

We ordered room service for breakfast.

We were in Europe for that cruise.

I have no suggestions that haven't already been posted, but I wanted to say

Happy 25th Anniversary to you both! We celebrated our 25th aboard the Amsterdam to the Panama Canal in 2000. It remains as one of our most memorable cruises. I know you will have a wonderful time aboard the Westerdam!

Archived