Half Moon Cay & Cabana - just back

Rock712

Ok , as far as I'm concerned my next seven day cruise can go to Half Moon on the first day , pull out , circle island all night , and go back every day for the entire cruise.

This place was a beach lovers dream. If you cant relax here you might as well give up. About as close to paradise as you're going to get.

And do yourself the huge favor of breaking out the wallet and spending the $$$ on a cabana. We were in #11 , Gray , and it was far enough down the beach to be out of the crowds , but there were bathrooms almost directly behind it. Not exactly roughing it to go to the beach and be able to sit in a nice comfy padded lounger chair with a misting fan blowing on you from the front and air conditioning from the rear , but nice to pamper yourself every once in a while. Also having a refrigerator and shower was nice

Ok , as far as I'm concerned my next seven day cruise can go to Half Moon on the first day , pull out , circle island all night , and go back every day for the entire cruise.

This place was a beach lovers dream. If you cant relax here you might as well give up. About as close to paradise as you're going to get.

And do yourself the huge favor of breaking out the wallet and spending the $$$ on a cabana. We were in #11 , Gray , and it was far enough down the beach to be out of the crowds , but there were bathrooms almost directly behind it. Not exactly roughing it to go to the beach and be able to sit in a nice comfy padded lounger chair with a misting fan blowing on you from the front and air conditioning from the rear , but nice to pamper yourself every once in a while. Also having a refrigerator and shower was nice

Glad you enjoyed it.Fingers crossed,5 weeks today i will be there.

How far was your cabana from where the tender left you off and from where the food is?My mum is with us and she has mobility issues.Mind you as we can only reserve these once we get on board I will probably be glad to take anything I can get!!

Glad to hear you had a great time! We've got the Turquoise cabana booked for our trip there in a little over a week. We'd have loved to be further down the beach, but since we have our son with us (he's 5), we decided to put up with more crowds to be closer to the kid's area and the food area and bathrooms.

We're really looking forward to it!

I had the same thought after my first visit to HMC. I think you would get bored quickly after seven days of beach time.:D

Glad to hear you had a great time! We've got the Turquoise cabana booked for our trip there in a little over a week. We'd have loved to be further down the beach, but since we have our son with us (he's 5), we decided to put up with more crowds to be closer to the kid's area and the food area and bathrooms.

We're really looking forward to it!

So you can book them in advance? I thought you had to wait until you got on the ship to book.

So you can book them in advance? I thought you had to wait until you got on the ship to book.

If you're sailing with Holland America, you can pre-book them. If you're sailing on Carnival, I think you have to wait to book the minute you board the ship (unless things have changed very recently).

• 3 weeks later...

In April my nephew & I had #12 yellow. It is so nice to spend the day just hanging out in one. DH & I have the pink one for our upcoming HAL 11-29. I called our TA before I even booked our cruise to make sure a cabana was open. She had HAL and I on a 3-way call while I booked the cabana. Then went on to book cruise with her. Infact it was the only cabana left.......yeah. So for us having a cabana is the most important selling point for which week we cruise ;)

We were just there in September and had Cabana #3 Turquoise... It was wonderful! Hands down, Half Moon Cay is the most beautiful beach we have ever been to.. Now I only want to book HAL or Carnival to go back!

We sailed on the Carnival Miracle and the first place we went to when we got on the ship at around 2 pm was the excursions desk. They only had 3 cabanas available by that time. Make sure you take care of that riight away. We paid $225 I believe...and that came with floating mats ( I could have floated out in that beautiful, clear water for days!) and snorkle gear for the 4 of us..Plus you get fruit, chips and salsa, soda and water.

It is a close to heaven as I believe you can get!

Does anyone know if the cabanas have water floats for our use? My husband is not a very good swimmer - and I know that he would be more comfortable on a float. We have a cabana reserved for our trip in December.

I had read that you could get them at the $ store - but I checked and no luck.

Yes floating mats are included with the Cabana rental. If you don't have a cabana the mats can also be rented from the watersports shack there on the beach.

Thanks for the great review on your recent MS Eurodam cruise. Your excitement about booking the Oasis package plus our friends Colakid and Polarbearmom's (Maasdam repo) recommendations. We are now the proud owners of the Oasis Package Cabana for a day on our Dec 12 cruise on the MS Eurodam.

Thanks for the great review on your recent MS Eurodam cruise. Your excitement about booking the Oasis package plus our friends Colakid and Polarbearmom's (Maasdam repo) recommendations. We are now the proud owners of the Oasis Package Cabana for a day on our Dec 12 cruise on the MS Eurodam.

I hope you have as much fun as we did!

Just remember to maintain the protocol "What happens in the Oasis STAYS in the Oasis!":eek:

What is exactly included in the cabana.....I thought a butler and free alcohol was included and food brought to you by the butler...was I misinformed?

You're thinking of the large Oasis. You need a decent size group to book that. The cabanas include water, soda, fruit and chips and salsa....a member of the crew delivers those to you.

If you reserve both a cabana and a butler (each around $299) then you get the free drinks and the butler brings you your lunch, drinks,etc. He also carries your stuff to the cabana from the ship. If you do not have a butler, you stand in line for lunch and haul your own belongings. I have a cabana on Jan. 15 but cannot decide if the butler is worth the money. I assume I can add one once on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived