Half Moon Cay & Cabana - just back

Rock712

I have a cabana on Jan. 15 but cannot decide if the butler is worth the money. I assume I can add one once on the ship.

Adding on the Butler package once you get on the ship is possible' date=' but if you are at HMC the day after you sail from FLL, there would be some worries. Adding the Butler means assigning that person [i']and[/i] offering you a different lunch menu, along with a couple of other things. You have to reply with your menu choices (IIRC by 5pm). Those things take some time in the system, so I don't think I would wait to add the Butler if you are at HMC the second day of your cruise. There might be some missed benefits.

If you are at HMC the next to last day on the ship, much fewer concerns.

And, IMHO, the Butler is absolutely worth it. Opinions will vary, but, according to my CEO/CFO/DW, we can't wait until our next stop at HMC.

We will be sailing on Carnival Glory in December and was wondering if it's hard to get a cabana since they can only be reserved once on the ship. Any tips on getting one?

Yes...wait until you see me leaving the excursion desk!!!:D

Actually, it should be one of the first things you do when you get on board...they go pretty quick.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to enjoy Half Moon WITHOUT a cabana? I am so excited for this island! I usually book for the SHIP. This time 1/2 Moon was the deciding factor ;)

Of course it is!

The first time we went to HMC we simply rented a clamshell to have a "base" out of the sun. DW is a sun worshiper and I burn in 30 seconds, so in order to be near each other the clamshell worked best.

If your whole party are "sun" people or "shade" people you can easily just find two lounge chairs in either location.

Is it possible to enjoy Half Moon WITHOUT a cabana? I am so excited for this island! I usually book for the SHIP. This time 1/2 Moon was the deciding factor ;)

Absolutely! It's a beautiful place...no ccabana needed! Sand is like powder, water is beautiful, lunch is free (don't go too late...go before 1:30);)

• 2 weeks later...

We rented a clamshell instead of a cabana, and it was the right choice for us. Since we were in the water most of the time, I would have felt guilty about renting the cabana and not really using it. We brought out own noodles, and chilled out there the whole day. Lunch was pretty good also--local roosters would beg for bits of bread in the open air dining pavilions. Don't think you could get a cabana butler to do that :)

Also, we are avid snorkelers and brought our gear, but the only place to see fish is near the rocky ledge near the Oasis cabana--not really worth it.

Don't forget to wear heavy duty sunscreen and a hat the whole time or you can be burned to a crisp!

Besides hanging out on the beach all day . . .which I am NOT complaining about. Are there any water activites that are worth doing, Like jet skis? I heard from one person that the horse back riding was good? Has anyone done it? While I'm a lay on the beach all day person, my husband would rather being doing activites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We have a very large group, would we be able to rent a cabana as a home base, and a place for those with little ones to get out of the sun, or do they give you bracelets to monitor who goes in and out? We were thinking of getting one or two for our group.

We have a very large group, would we be able to rent a cabana as a home base, and a place for those with little ones to get out of the sun, or do they give you bracelets to monitor who goes in and out? We were thinking of getting one or two for our group.

The cabana price is for four people. Any additional, incur a surcharge ($45.00 each for HAL,) Carnival would be priced in the general vicinity.

I would guess each cabana can comfortably accommodate six people.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to pay for lounge chairs? Are there alot of them?

We would probably only stay for a short while. I will be the only

one in our group who doesn't burn badly. My husband doesn't do

sun. So are there shady places with lounge chairs?

I would love to see more pictures of the area. Most I have

seen so far, are of the cabanas.

Do you have to pay for lounge chairs? Are there alot of them?

We would probably only stay for a short while. I will be the only

one in our group who doesn't burn badly. My husband doesn't do

sun. So are there shady places with lounge chairs?

I would love to see more pictures of the area. Most I have

seen so far, are of the cabanas.

There are TONS of lounge chairs. If you want to keep out of the sun a clamshell might be a good idea. Failing that, you can move the lounge chairs wherever you like and if you go down the beach there are plenty of shady spots.

If you send me an email at kacman6 at yahoo dot com I can reply and send you some photos of HMC.

There are TONS of lounge chairs. If you want to keep out of the sun a clamshell might be a good idea. Failing that, you can move the lounge chairs wherever you like and if you go down the beach there are plenty of shady spots.

If you send me an email at kacman6 at yahoo dot com I can reply and send you some photos of HMC.

I have sent you an e-mail

thanks,

Jane

Ok, scratch that. I've found a few postings mentioning approx $1295 for 12 people.

For those of you who have done the Oasis, how do they keep track of who belongs there and is paid for? In other words, do you really need to pay for one or two additional people or do they kind of blend right in and no one notices?

I guess you run a bit of a risk if booze is based on number of people! :D

Ok, scratch that. I've found a few postings mentioning approx $1295 for 12 people.

For those of you who have done the Oasis, how do they keep track of who belongs there and is paid for? In other words, do you really need to pay for one or two additional people or do they kind of blend right in and no one notices?

I guess you run a bit of a risk if booze is based on number of people! :D

Hey Kristin! Are you going to do the Oasis? If I were you I SO would! I wish we had the number of people to rent it. It sounds so perfect for the day before the wedding to just relax! Plus, not to mention having something to help you stay out of the sun! Don't want to be burnt for those wedding pics! I'm sooo worried about that, my fiance is as white as a ghost and burns so easily lol!! 96 days!

Archived