Ice, Ice Baby

elycelynne

Okay, now that I've probably put that song into your heads, my question is a simple one: Can passengers refill their own ice bucket if it runs out before the cabin steward gets a chance to refill it, or is the ice machine area off-limits to the passengers? I don't remember if I actually saw any ice machines the last time I cruised (back in the dark ages).

The ice machines are off limits to the passengers.

BUT -- there are plenty of cabin stewards mving in the hallway that you can easily get one of them to refill your ice bucket -- which are small.

We have usually been able to get two ice buckets - just ask.

Those itsy bitsy ice buckets simply won't do it for me. I always ask my room steward for a champagne bucket full of ice the first day and get it refilled nightly. Then, in the morning, I use the ice cold melted water to fill my water bottle. I use so much ice I would drive room service crazy if I ordered it whenever I ran out.

Diane

I have refilled our ice bucket many times while cruising and have never had any difficulty. If there is a steward around, he usually does it but if not, I just open the door, step in and refill it and leave.

Just remember to put the room card into your bathrobe pocket when you leave the room at night to get your ice. If Not, can lead to some interesting situations

Ruth & Jim

Jim,

OK now I have too many comic images running through my head.

A little more information . . .

Please,

r.

Those itsy bitsy ice buckets simply won't do it for me. I always ask my room steward for a champagne bucket full of ice the first day and get it refilled nightly. Then, in the morning, I use the ice cold melted water to fill my water bottle. I use so much ice I would drive room service crazy if I ordered it whenever I ran out.

Diane

Diane,

I am with you on ice consumption, morning noon & night I like things COLD !

And as much as I appreciate the 24/7 room service I would never want to abuse them with such a small request.

(not to mention that a quick dart behind the stainless steel door would be faster)

I like the idea of the larger Wine Bucket, but it is not insulated and would sweat.

I also like Boytjie's use of two ice buckets :)

r.

Archived