Visa Requirement for Canada?

verwirrt

Can anyone who has just returned from Canada tell me if you were required to have a visa. Official Canadian government website says this is not a requirement for US citizens. But just noticed that Princess says it is required. We are supposed to sail Saturday! Yikes! Consulate office is closed today, and I need an answer quick.

Can anyone who has just returned from Canada tell me if you were required to have a visa. Official Canadian government website says this is not a requirement for US citizens. But just noticed that Princess says it is required. We are supposed to sail Saturday! Yikes! Consulate office is closed today, and I need an answer quick.

I am not certain where Princess says that but http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp the website for Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirms that US citizens are exempt. I am certain you possibly read that Canadian visas are required of certain foreign nationals travelling from the US to Canada or somthing like that. Suggest you go look again at the Princess website and reread it.

At the border in the past Canadians and USA citizen could just show ID cards.

I travelled across border twice last month and everyone has to show their passport now whether entering the USA or Canada if citizens of those two countries.. All others have to put their hands on a frame and I think they had to be photographed.......This is what I think I saw the other line up doing.

Just got back from Canada/New England cruise. We only needed photo ID at every port. It was announced over the intercom system every day and I distinctly remember them saying photo ID. I told my husband we probably only needed our driver's license after all. So, I think you'll be fine.

Have a great trip!

US citizens do not require a visa to visit Canada, I have no idea where Princess would have come up with this...howeverr I think there is a general statement in one of the Cruise Doc's that says that passengers are required to obtain visas where required.

Archived