TA- Grand Princess- April 9, 2010 - Any solo's cruising?

Atlanta_Cruiser

I will be cruising solo on the Grand Princess April 9, 2010. I would enjoy meeting others who will be doing the same. I am on the roll call, and all the couples are fun, but I would also enjoy meeting some solo cruisers on this trip across the Atlantic. It might be fun to do a "solo's roll call".

-Ms. Cory in Atlanta

I will be cruising solo on the Grand Princess April 9, 2010. I would enjoy meeting others who will be doing the same. I am on the roll call, and all the couples are fun, but I would also enjoy meeting some solo cruisers on this trip across the Atlantic. It might be fun to do a "solo's roll call".

-Ms. Cory in Atlanta

Howdy Ms. Cory in Atlanta! 50.gif

When you have a chance, please click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44773 to read the Sticky post titled What is a ROLL CALL and how do I find mine?

Please note it says:

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON OTHER FORUMS?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on any of our other forums. Roll Calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep Roll Call type discussions to your Roll Call in the ROLL CALL forums and keep the other forums open for general cruise discussions according to forum topic.

The topic for this forum is shown in the little box above:

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?

Your Roll Call thread titled Grand Princess TA April 9, 2010 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=964573 is the correct place where you will find if there are any solo Cruise Critic members sailing with you. Your Roll Call thread has a "captive audience" since everyone is sailing together! 05.gif

Since there should be only one Roll Call thread for each sail date on the various Roll Call forums, you should not start another Roll Call thread on your Roll Call forum (or this forum) just for the solos on your cruise.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Hi Kat,

I was asking to see if there were any solo cruisers that might be taking this cruise...I certainly was not starting a roll call. I am sorry if it sounded that way. :) Big Oopsy! I suggested that it might be an idea (but not in this forum;the Roll Call forum, of course). It would be nice if Cruise Critic also had a roll call with solo cruisers only, as it's nice to chat with some other cruising the same way. :) I am aware of the roll call for my cruise, as I have been chatting with all the nice folks and having fun. Just trying to reach out other solo cruisers who might be on this cruise..again, not starting a roll call nor looking for a roommate (I like the room all to myself:D).

Have a great evening! And thanks for taking time to write.:)

-Cory in Atlanta.

... It would be nice if Cruise Critic also had a roll call with solo cruisers only, as it's nice to chat with some other cruising the same way...

You are most welcome!

FYI: Per our Community Manager LauraS in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when we registered for our free membership:

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you...

Also posted many places on the boards:

Questions, comments & concerns regarding the management of our message boards should be directed to: community@cruisecritic.com. Posts regarding these issues will be removed.

Questions or comments on the inner workings of Cruise Critic should be sent via e-mail to Management, not posted on this or any other forum. An e-mail to Management is the quickest way for all members to get their questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback to the correct place. Posting them on the boards does not help you and is a Guidelines violation. It is impossible for Management to read each post on each thread to see the questions, comments or concerns. As for the Hosts, we are not Management. We are non-paid volunteers trying to help "direct traffic" and as stated in the Guidelines:

... Cruise Critic hosts are not representatives nor employees of Cruise Critic...

All e-mails & Report Post e-mails to Cruise Critic are answered in the order received. With 495,060 members as I type this reply and e-mails being received 24/7, please be patient for any reply or action.

Glad to be of service,

Kat 050103cat_prv.gif

Cory, Been on 7 TAs, Celebrity, Oceania, NCL, twice as single. Saw perhaps 20 singles total. Just does not attract them. I think most single cruisers still working or feel TAs are not exciting enough. But all cruises had a mature, well cruised, diverse crowd. Enjoy!

Archived