Any Princess Brides marrying at sea out there?

halifaxgirl

Did any of you use the onboard dry cleaning whatever to press your gown?

I'm a little worried about traveling with my gown (has a train etc), because we're getting married in the afternoon on Day 2 of the cruise... i'm worried there isnt enough time to get it pressed?

I hoped the airline would hang my dress in their closet, but they told me it was full. Also, a lot of the overhead space was already taken so we had to roll it up the garment bag and kind of shove it in the overhead. I was worried how it would look, but after two hotels and two flights it didn't have any wrinkles at all so I did not have to have anything done to my dress. Maybe you can ask to preboard so if the airline cannot hang your dress at least you will have more room to put it in the overhead storage.

Well, I had to call them myself, but I spoke to the finalization coordinator and confirmed all our details today! We are only 20 days from sailing, so I thought I'd check in, lol.

On another note, my dress has STILL not arrived, and she says not until next wednesday, I am getting very anxious!!!

TWE said my onboard coordinator will be Joy (Crown Princess), does her name ring a bell to anyone? I'm sure I've seen her name on this message board somewhere.

Good luck, I can't wait to hear the details!

Sonya I love your dress! I think ours are similar except for my corset. Bridesmaid dress is very pretty too - I've seen a lot of brides use that color when spending too much time browsing photos on theknot.com..:)

No call from TWE yet. I honestly have no expectations...the whole process with them has been far from good. Luckily I am not depending on them for much. Ended up deciding to hold on my flowers for maids until I get on the ship...

Right now I am checking Princess every day to see what Suites have sold, if any. If there are enough left over one of them should be ours! I booked an AA and I am really really hoping for an upgrade to a full suite!

Regarding the dress - thank you for your posts all about your experiences. I decided I was going to check them. we are getting married on day 3 and I will have to have them both pressed and I am going to have one cleaned, so I am just going to fold them up and stick them in the suitcase. I have a reception/party dress for the evening after dinner to wear as well...

So much planning in the past 7 months I do not believe that I am so close to sailing and this event actually happening. I leave for FLL in 17 days. Suitcases are half packed...most of the lists have everything crossed off. I wanted to share my to do list for future cruise brides. There are so many wedding planning to do lists out there, even some for destination weddings, but none for cruises...so I made my own. Took it from a knot.com foundation I think. Obviously it has been edited a lot to my particular situation and group size - but it maybe helpful for others out there that need to consider stuff like transportation to the port and when TWE items need to be decided/confirmed.

I couldn't add it here because of size, but I am going to upload to my wedding website if anyone wants it - I am going to save it in the downloads section so a good copy can be used and edited.

http://www.ewedding.com/sites/jremmons/

I just faxed off my final confirmation, all signed off, and that was very exciting, it seems so much more real now! We leave in 16 days, and time is flying by!

Thanks for sharing your list Jami, i am going to go through it to make sure there isn't anything I missed! I did peak at your ewedding site before ;), it is really well done. I have one too, but not as much detail as you - i sent a lot of info to those travelling via email - i couldn't trust they'd check the site, lol!

Jami, I dealt with Ana Nelson at TWE for finalization, and it was wrapped up within a day, once I called her. Maybe if you don't hear from them in the next couple of days you could try to reach her. ana@theweddingexperience.com

Jami, good luck with getting your suite upgrade, I'm sure we'll be on here a couple more times in the next 2 weeks! I am still waiting for my dress to arrive, she says it should be here tomorrow, fingers crossed. My dress is supossed to be leaving on march 12, driving down to Florida in my in-laws car with them, running out of time!

No call from TWE yet, but I did email my Princess agent today and ask for a contact at Princess that I can give some feedback about TWE with. I am sure it will be fine...everything I have read on this board assures me that the people on board are helpful and can correct anything so I am not that worried. And I guess if TWE wants payment for the extra cake (which I really do need to cancel) then they'll call. So annoying though!! Thank you for Ana's email...I may contact her in the next few days. I am going to try to hold out but I am just a little compulsive about the planning for this trip so I may break down soon.

I am sorry you are waiting on your dress like this! Don't worry though - it is going to be fine. I am picking mine up this weekend, hopefully. Seems like everything is done now and we just sit here and wait! Its driving me nuts. I want to go already!

Thanks for the complement on the site. I hope people got good use out of it. If I had to do it again I might not have put that much on it....maybe would have sent more emails instead of letting them go to the site to get it. My communications in the past couple of months though have been just to the people who were attending - either by mail or email. I sent them all a folder at about 3 months out with luggage tags I made, a vista print magnet calendar with the ship on it, and some printouts of plans. My only regret or something I would do differently would be to put a clear RSVP date on everything I sent and if I didn't hear from people by that date I would have taken them off the list. Seemed like it was very hard for people to say 'no' or else they don't consider that you need to know either way....so I sent communications (and those little things) that cost money to people who didn't plan on going but just hadn't gotten around to letting me know. Oh well, mostly the Groom's friends, can you tell? :)

I don't think I am getting that upgrade now. Only 3 suites left today. I am very disappointed. My friend and her husband booked an AE guarantee for about $300 less than me and got upgraded to an AA. Guess I will hope for a nice gift from my TA when I get on board...no credits I am afraid either because we didn't hit the 8 cabin mark. I had 2 cabins booked outside of Princess. I actually send two ladies to Crucon.com because they will selling the cruise about $200 pp cheaper than Princess a few weeks ago.

Anyway, it is going to be a wonderful trip despite any little issues I've had along the way. Looking forward to seeing my friends that I haven't in a long time, converting some people to being 'cruise people', and getting a tan!

I just got the call a couple of hours ago - my dress ARRIVED!!! Phew, I feel much relief now, just need to get it hemmed (by my mother who is a seamstress, thank goodness) and into the vehicle by next thursday :)

We were much less formal with the invites, and only expected our parents to be there, beyond that we didn't really 'ask' anyone, lol! Thankfully, 20 more people stepped up to the plate to join us, which will be wonderful. We did get the 8 rooms, and will get a credit in May apparently, which will go right to the debt we are accumulating!

I agree, time to go already, can't wait to kick back, relax and enjoying spending time with friends and family that we don't see enough! I had a root canal today, so focusing on the wedding and fun we will have helped me relax and bear the pain I've been feeling, lol!!

Let us know when you do finally hear from TWE. Their service is horrid, but it is comforting to hear that once you get on board, things are much smoother. Can't wait!!!

Hi Ladies! I am new to this thread and have been reading all the posts about how long you are waiting to hear back from the coordinators. Can somone tell me what "TWE" stands for? I assume "TA" stands for Travel Agent. We haven't decided yet, but I think we are planning to arrange the wedding through Princess directly. Am I going to have problems?

Hi Ladies! I am new to this thread and have been reading all the posts about how long you are waiting to hear back from the coordinators. Can somone tell me what "TWE" stands for? I assume "TA" stands for Travel Agent. We haven't decided yet, but I think we are planning to arrange the wedding through Princess directly. Am I going to have problems?

TWE stands for The Wedding Experience, which is the company you have to go through to get married on Princess. If you call Princess they turn you to that company with the mention of the word wedding. Welcome to the group!

I just got the call a couple of hours ago - my dress ARRIVED!!! Phew, I feel much relief now, just need to get it hemmed (by my mother who is a seamstress, thank goodness) and into the vehicle by next thursday :)

We were much less formal with the invites, and only expected our parents to be there, beyond that we didn't really 'ask' anyone, lol! Thankfully, 20 more people stepped up to the plate to join us, which will be wonderful. We did get the 8 rooms, and will get a credit in May apparently, which will go right to the debt we are accumulating!

I agree, time to go already, can't wait to kick back, relax and enjoying spending time with friends and family that we don't see enough! I had a root canal today, so focusing on the wedding and fun we will have helped me relax and bear the pain I've been feeling, lol!!

Let us know when you do finally hear from TWE. Their service is horrid, but it is comforting to hear that once you get on board, things are much smoother. Can't wait!!!

I'm glad to hear your dress made it. I need to get into a store and actually try some on instead of looking online. Did you already post a picture of it? I can't remember. Good luck, I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding.

Hey life.is.good, I did post pictures of the dress, just a page back on this thread, page 5, post #98 :) I went in and tried my dress on and brought it home, its better than I remembered!!

That's right, I do remember looking at it. Sorry my brain is slow sometimes. :( I'm glad you love it.

For those recently married or getting married soon I just wanted to let you know that it took 8 full weeks from the day we got married at sea to the day we received the marriage certificate in the mail. We were married on 1/14 and got the certificate today 3/11. It was signed and stamped in Bermuda on 2/1, so it has been floating around for a month and a half at various locations before it was sent to me from TWE. It was a long wait to change my name. I was getting worried because I have a trip coming up soon and already have my airline ticket in my new name.

This is it, we are heading out tonight to start our journey, and we sail saturday :) I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone on this board, and particularily this thread for all your help and advice! Hopefully I have everything, but if not, we'll make do! I will share details and pictures in early April, when we are back.

Good luck to those of you still planning, and to Jami - enjoy your cruise and your big day, we're almost on the same schedule!

Can't believe the time has arrived!!! Woo Hoo!!

Jremmons- Well right now you are on your wedding cruise and probably having the time of your life! I hope everything goes better than you imagined. By the time you read this, hopefully we will have some pictures of your wedding. I do have a question though. I wanted to download your list of things to do but for the life of me, I went to your wedding site and I couldn't find any downloads. Can you point me in the right direction?

Congratulations and show us the pictures!

MalibuBarbie

• 2 weeks later...

For those that planned or are planning a sea day wedding, what is your schedule for the day? What time is your ceremony?

We have already reserved 11am for our ceremony, because we heard that pictures are better in the morning. However, I am trying to figure out how the rest of the day will look. I find sea days are the best days of the whole week and I would hate to take the full day away from everyone.

Here is what we were thinking:

8-11am - get ready/ hair/ makeup

11am - ceremony

11:30am - pictures

12:30pm - lunch at sabatini's (cake and speeches will be after lunch in the restaurant)

After lunch, people can take a break and then we can meet up again for pre-dinner drinks at a bar or in one of our suites.

Has anyone here ever had a morning wedding with a lunch reception? Any input would be great. So far... we have approx 25 people attending.

Hello everyone! :) Can anyone fill me in on sea day weddings? Getting married on a cruise ship is something we're only now considering, especially since we love cruises. I keep reading that weddings must be performed while the ship is in port, but what I truly want is to get married while the ship is at sea. I see from posts that Princess allows this? Can someone fill me in on how the licensing works since the ship won't be docked anywhere? Thank you!!!! :)

I am just starting to look into all the details as well. We are scheduled to get married on Ruby Princess (at sea) on Jan 4th, 2011. Since the boat is registered by Bermuda, our wedding license will be from Bermuda. I found the wedding brochure from the Princess website to be very helpful. Good luck!

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/celebrations/wedding/index.jsp

The marriages at sea are allowed through the Maritime Marriage Act in Bermuda. For these weddings you must use TWE and they must do the license paperwork. You provide them the required information and they obtain the license from Bermuda. After the wedding, they submit the required documentation to Bermuda and send you the marriage certificate.

You will find a lot of at sea marriage experiences on this board. We got married two years ago tomorrow on the Grand Princess (with 50 family and friends joining us). It was the perfect type of wedding for us.

Hello everyone! :) Can anyone fill me in on sea day weddings? Getting married on a cruise ship is something we're only now considering, especially since we love cruises. I keep reading that weddings must be performed while the ship is in port, but what I truly want is to get married while the ship is at sea. I see from posts that Princess allows this? Can someone fill me in on how the licensing works since the ship won't be docked anywhere? Thank you!!!! :)

We are getting married at sea also. If you get married at sea you submit your marriage license paper work to TWE before hand because your marriage license will be from Bermuda (the only way to have the wedding be legal). It must be mailed to them, make a copy just in case. I've heard from past brides it takes a while for you to get the marriage certificate in the mail after.

The marriages at sea are allowed through the Maritime Marriage Act in Bermuda. For these weddings you must use TWE and they must do the license paperwork. You provide them the required information and they obtain the license from Bermuda. After the wedding, they submit the required documentation to Bermuda and send you the marriage certificate.

You will find a lot of at sea marriage experiences on this board. We got married two years ago tomorrow on the Grand Princess (with 50 family and friends joining us). It was the perfect type of wedding for us.

Happy Anniversary! Do you have any advice for us soon to be married at sea Princess brides?

This is it, we are heading out tonight to start our journey, and we sail saturday :) I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone on this board, and particularily this thread for all your help and advice! Hopefully I have everything, but if not, we'll make do! I will share details and pictures in early April, when we are back.

Good luck to those of you still planning, and to Jami - enjoy your cruise and your big day, we're almost on the same schedule!

Can't believe the time has arrived!!! Woo Hoo!!

Congrats, I hope it went perfect! We can't wait to see the pictures!

I am back, but haven't had time to sit down and write a proper review yet, hoping to get that done this weekend! In a nutshell, everything went better than I could've imagined!!

I have gotten some photos up to share, here is the link. They are from the onboard photographer, who did an amazing job! The last few are from my 'Trash The Dress' photo shoot that we did the next morning - my 2 best friends took the photos, and did a really great job for amateurs, there are plenty more to come!

http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad201/sodijo/Crown%20Princess%20Wedding/?albumview=slideshow

I am back, but haven't had time to sit down and write a proper review yet, hoping to get that done this weekend! In a nutshell, everything went better than I could've imagined!!

I have gotten some photos up to share, here is the link. They are from the onboard photographer, who did an amazing job! The last few are from my 'Trash The Dress' photo shoot that we did the next morning - my 2 best friends took the photos, and did a really great job for amateurs, there are plenty more to come!

http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad201/sodijo/Crown%20Princess%20Wedding/?albumview=slideshow

How beautiful, your pictures are amazing! We'll need all the details when you have time. Congrats!!!!

Awesome photos! Thank you for sharing!

• 1 month later...

I'm getting really excited and feel I'm as far as I can be at this time. When is all the paperwork due to TWE? I need to still pick my music and vows, any advice? I'm going to work on my welcome bags once final payments are in. Do you think I can cabin numbers from my TA?

Archived