Shuttle from port canaveral to jacksonville jax

MICHLEV1974

I searched the threads here and found some older information on shuttles, but nothing specifically from Port Can to JAX.

Does anyone have any recent information on shuttles and so forth that would go from Port Canaveral to JAX? Please feel free to chime in if I should just seek someone private and get quotes on my own.

Thanks everyone!

I am travelling on Sunday, Feb 21 with 8 people and 8 pcs of luggage, from Port Canaveral to Jacksonville area. We have a flight on Monday at 6:45am and will be staying @ a hotel in Jacksonville that offers free shuttle to the airport.

I have reserved 2 economy cars, with tax for $71 each, which was cheaper than renting one large van for $258 with tax. I am hoping that we can score a shuttle or private shuttle for less, is this a crazy thought?

Please chime in--your responses are much appreciated!

Most people who cruise out of Port Canaveral fly into Orlando not Jacksonville so I think you will have a hard time finding a shuttle. You might be able to arrange a private shuttle but I really doubt you will get it for less than you are paying for the two rental cars. We arranged for a private towncar to take us from Port Canaveral to MCO because of Delta changing our flight home to an early time. I paid more for 3 in a town car than you are paying for your two rentals. I would stick with the two cars.:)

Thank you for chiming in.

The airfare out of MCO to PVD is $300+ per person on sunday and 279+ on monday right now thru SW and any other airline is @ the same plus fees for bags....:eek:

For us to pay $120 per person for 8 and the price for the rental car and the price for the hotel rooms, turns out to be @ $180 per person for all of it. So, the drive to JAX will be worth it, based on the prices right now.

Since we booked with SW, we can change the flights w/out penalties and bags are still free. I am hoping that the flights out of MCO change from now til we leave, but doubtful.

I did a quick search and found at least one company who claims to shuttle from JAX to Central Florida. Here is a link.

http://centralfloridashuttle.com/

It's a good 2.5 hour drive, so a shuttle could be pretty pricey. I've hired vans to shuttle my family from Orlando airport to Melbourne (20 miles south of the Port), and it was $75 + tip each way. Given that JAX is about 3 times as far ...

The drive isn't bad. It's just straight up 95 the whole way. If you decide to drive you might want to post a question about the best routes because they've opened up 295 now all the way to the airport, and that may be a good way to avoid the city. You turn onto the bypass just north of St. Augustine and it brings you right out at JAX.

Good luck! If nothing else, you'd be able to stop at the outlet malls in St Augustine on your way home!

Thank you for the tips on the highway and the shuttle info. We did decide to book the flight, the rental car, the hotel, and now we are looking at directions.

I put in a price quote request to the shuttle you mentioned, so I will post when I get the price so others reading can get an idea of the cost.

Thanks again!

I did a quick search and found at least one company who claims to shuttle from JAX to Central Florida. Here is a link.

Got the quote emailed to me it is $300 from Port Canaveral to JAX; they don't typically make the journey, so it is pricey. Rental cars are the way to go.

Thanks to all for helping out. Hopefully someone will be looking for this info too.

It's a good 2.5 hour drive, so a shuttle could be pretty pricey. I've hired vans to shuttle my family from Orlando airport to Melbourne (20 miles south of the Port), and it was $75 + tip each way. Given that JAX is about 3 times as far ...

The drive isn't bad. It's just straight up 95 the whole way. If you decide to drive you might want to post a question about the best routes because they've opened up 295 now all the way to the airport, and that may be a good way to avoid the city. You turn onto the bypass just north of St. Augustine and it brings you right out at JAX.

Good luck! If nothing else, you'd be able to stop at the outlet malls in St Augustine on your way home!

I used to live in St Augustine, the outlet mall in St Augustine sucks, your better off siteseeing in St Augustine.

Thank you for the tips on the highway and the shuttle info. We did decide to book the flight, the rental car, the hotel, and now we are looking at directions.

Just take State Rte 528 out of Port Canaveral to I-95 North. That's exit 205, I think. The airport is around exit 363B. On a Sunday mid day, early afternoon there's no reason to go out of your way to I-295. The traffic shouldn't be that bad. A little construction still around the I-10/I-95 interchange, but probably not on Sunday.

What hotel are you staying at in Jacksonville? If you're out by the airport, for a large group, try the Mill House Restaurant on Airport Road just off the I-95 exit. There are better spots in Jacksonville but most are on the South side of town and getting around can get confusing.

We are using SW and we are checking all the area airports that they service in Florida, and believe it or not, the price is still $120 out of JAX to PVD and still $300 out of MCO to PVD. We are shopping til @ month before we depart for changes in flights and hoping to be able to change it to MCO. JAX is the closest that SW services, and cheapest price so far. Thanks for the hints and tips on the other airports.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Airport JAX. We have rental cars and appreciate any dinner suggestions. Kids will be using the pool and 'chillin' out. We are 3 moms and 5 kids aged 11-15.

Another shuttle company emailed me a quote for $320...so looks like the rental cars are still cheaper.

I mentioned the Mill House above. I think your other choices in that area run the usual chain gamut--Waffle House, Denny's, Chili's Burger King, Ruby Tuesday's.

Thank you. I did see it, but after I scrolled and posted already :D. We are going to hit one of the chainies for lunch then try your Mill House for dinner. Hotel has comp breakfast but might not be ready when we leave bcs our flight is 6:45am. I think that will be the airport gourmet breakfast :p.

Thank you. I did see it, but after I scrolled and posted already :D. We are going to hit one of the chainies for lunch then try your Mill House for dinner. Hotel has comp breakfast but might not be ready when we leave bcs our flight is 6:45am. I think that will be the airport gourmet breakfast :p.

There's a Cinnabon and a Starbucks in the main terminal for your gourmet pleasure :p

About 1/2 way up around Flager Beach is a Woody's BBQ, I thinks it's Exit 284 or 286. It's a local No. Fl chain, but not too bad, better than Sonny's IMO. Might be a good road break stop, you'll be betweeen the rest stops, next one is about 20 miles further up toward JAX. Prior one about 30 miles back toward the Port.

Archived