Hello from Cape Liberty, Bayonne NJ!

We are in the terminal, waiting for the shuttle to take us onto the ship :). So far, so good. Bayonne is so much easier to deal with than Manhattan on all counts, a big plus in our opinion. Check in was a breeze and the staff has been friendly and helpful. The weather is just horrible LOL and promises to stay horrible for days but no worries! I'll check back in from time to time.

lucky dog!

weather is just miserable here outside of Philly... I can imagine sailaway will be celebrated indoors this go round!!!

Have a wonderful cruise. Be sure to check back... you know the rest of us are all jealous :p

A~

We are in the terminal, waiting for the shuttle to take us onto the ship :). So far, so good. Bayonne is so much easier to deal with than Manhattan on all counts, a big plus in our opinion. Check in was a breeze and the staff has been friendly and helpful. The weather is just horrible LOL and promises to stay horrible for days but no worries! I'll check back in from time to time.

Shortchef! Have a great time - I'm soooo jealous!:D

We are having a great time already! Lunch was good, not great. We really love our room, lots of storage and well laid out, very attractive! Ship seems very crowded but the outdoor space is not being used with this crazy weather!! We are having some trouble finding our way around, quite different than the NCL ships. In answer to one of the popular questions on here, I have one word: box.

We are having a great time already! Lunch was good, not great. We really love our room, lots of storage and well laid out, very attractive! Ship seems very crowded but the outdoor space is not being used with this crazy weather!! We are having some trouble finding our way around, quite different than the NCL ships. In answer to one of the popular questions on here, I have one word: box.

Prepare yourself tonight for 15'-20' swells and gale force winds as a nor eastern is moving up the Mid-Atlantic Coast.

http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=anz083&syn=anz080

I've been in 28' seas on the Explorer. It gets a little rocky but it's great fun.

We had 30'-40' swells and storm force winds several times with different outcomes. It all depends on direction of wave action along with the wind (Direction & Speed) Obiviously, the stabilizers were deployed during these events :)

Make sure to take pics! And let us know how the food is, lol. Wait - what does box refer to? Oh, I hate it when I don't get it!!:p

We are ready for some rocking and rolling with the weather. Muster drill was very well done. So far, service is excellent! I will probably lose my cell connection soon so probably won't check back till we are in Portland. Princess, after jeans (which hubby and I are both wearing tonite lol) what is the next hot topic? C'mon friend, think!!!!

We are ready for some rocking and rolling with the weather. Muster drill was very well done. So far, service is excellent! I will probably lose my cell connection soon so probably won't check back till we are in Portland. Princess, after jeans (which hubby and I are both wearing tonite lol) what is the next hot topic? C'mon friend, think!!!!

Ahhhhh.....the pressure!!:eek::D Ummm....tips? smoking? uh....uh...I think I need some coffee!

Wear them jeans, girl! Lol :p If we don't talk to you again have a great, great time!

After a very rough sea day we are pulling into Portland oncalm water in brilliant sunshine! Food has been very good at dinner but look for the omelet station or breakfst will disappoint! Staff has been great. Fellow passengers are on the older side but friendly and enjoyable company. Ship so needs more elevators! Very few tuxes at formal night. Princess, today's hint: not glass :)

After a very rough sea day we are pulling into Portland oncalm water in brilliant sunshine! Food has been very good at dinner but look for the omelet station or breakfst will disappoint! Staff has been great. Fellow passengers are on the older side but friendly and enjoyable company. Ship so needs more elevators! Very few tuxes at formal night. Princess, today's hint: not glass :)

oops sorry about double post!

We just enjoyed the most lovely day in Portland! Never have i had more delicious lobster. The weather is supposed to get awful again so today was a real treat, though very cold. Hopefully the sailing won't be as rough as yesterday! So far there are things we like better about each line so the happy conclusion is looking to be that we have two great choices :) Princess I knew you would catch on, it was effortless to misbehave by giving up the cork for a box. Tomorrow, bar harbor ( in the cold rain! )

We just enjoyed the most lovely day in Portland! Never have i had more delicious lobster. The weather is supposed to get awful again so today was a real treat, though very cold. Hopefully the sailing won't be as rough as yesterday! So far there are things we like better about each line so the happy conclusion is looking to be that we have two great choices :) Princess I knew you would catch on, it was effortless to misbehave by giving up the cork for a box. Tomorrow, bar harbor ( in the cold rain! )

I am glad the box worked. I am going to try it in November. Can you tell me who the captain is? Also, do you know who the concierge is?

It sounds like you are enjoying the EOS. After having the New England lobster, you won't even want to eat the lobster tail in the MDR ;)!

Thank you.

We were just off the ship on Thursday..the concierge is Carlos, and he is great! As mentioned in previous post, when you go, please stop at the Aquarimine Bar on Deck 4 and say hi (from Karen & Russ)to Hill and Henry the bartenders, they are great!

Thank you. I will be sure to look for Hill and Henry. Our favorite bartenders from last year were Amy and Terrence at the pool bar. Do you know if they were on EOS when you were?

Archived