post your Monarch room pic please

ALMF

hi all

could you please post any pictures of the rooms on the Monarch. i am trying to understand why rooms of same size cost differently on different decks. like deck 8 cabins that are 122 sq feet the same but different prices than those on deck 3. whats the difference? elevation from water?

i can understand lower prices on bad locations (obstructed view, noise), but if they are equal and furnished the same why the different costs?

It will be my first time cruising on the Monarch of the Seas. But I do know that deck 8 has the life boats outside the windows. Deck 7 has the deck that people are walking pass the windows. So I hope this may help you. I'm shore someone with better info will come along=)

hi all

could you please post any pictures of the rooms on the Monarch. i am trying to understand why rooms of same size cost differently on different decks. like deck 8 cabins that are 122 sq feet the same but different prices than those on deck 3. whats the difference? elevation from water?

i can understand lower prices on bad locations (obstructed view, noise), but if they are equal and furnished the same why the different costs?

If you want to look at photos, go to webshots.com and put in search term "Monarch of the Seas" or just "Monarch". You will spend days just looking at pictures.

Also, different decks can be more convenient to public areas than others. Hence the difference in price.

BTW- I would also be interested to see stateroom pics! I have already exhausted webshots! I can contribute in about a month!

Here is a 122 sq ft cabin from Deck 2 [AKA "The Aquarium"]

IMG_1288.jpg.e6639d508ea64e63caba1edd5e20fd37.jpg

But don't let the size scare you -- it was fine considering the price. And I'll let you in on a secret -- we ate the same food in the same dining room, saw the same entertainment, had access to the same facilities, and went to the same places as the folks in the suites. It is small, but more than adequate.

WOW..that is really, really small. We had a cabin like that on Song of America, but one bed was lengthwise under the window, and made up into a couch during the day. The other twin folded down from the side wall. It was a little awkward waving goodnight, but we actually had quite a bit of floor space during the day. Thanks for sharing the photo. :)

WOW..that is really, really small. We had a cabin like that on Song of America, but one bed was lengthwise under the window, and made up into a couch during the day. The other twin folded down from the side wall. It was a little awkward waving goodnight, but we actually had quite a bit of floor space during the day. Thanks for sharing the photo. :)

I've been on both the SOA and the Monarch and yep, the cabins are just the same.. on both we had the beds in an "L" configuration. really, really, tiny.

Here's a Picture of our cabin on Monarch from January.

We were waaaayyyyy down at the bottom of the ship - cabin 2104. Our view was the water when moving, and the dock when in port.

Most people prefer to be on higher decks for:

a) the view,

b) proximity to the pool deck

Hence higher fares

If we are cruising on a budget (and we normally view Monarch sailings as budget sailings because they're short and you don't spend that much time in the cabin), we take the cheapest oceanview we can get. Yes - they are very, very small. But for 3 or 4 nights they are big enough - in my opinion.

EDIT to add: the beds weren't together when we arrived, but the attendant pushed them together. You don't get much more space when they're together --- just a bit of a walkway on the right side of the picture.

Deck 8 is obstructed by the lifeboats (usually the cheapest after the guarantee)

Deck 7 has the walking track outside the windows so if you keep the blinds open, folks can see in.

Decks 2 & 3 have portholes vs the "Larger" windows.

We were actually in a JS and found it to be quite roomy (and we loved the balcony). By the time we sailed, with pricedrops & a residency discount, we paid a very reasonable price we thought.

I had the beds in the "L" arrangement when I was on the Majesty. It does give your floor space. If you look closely at the pictures, you'll notice padded "headboards" on the walls under the window and along the side. I think the cabins were designed with the idea that the beds would be arranged that way.

I had the beds in the "L" arrangement when I was on the Majesty. It does give your floor space. If you look closely at the pictures, you'll notice padded "headboards" on the walls under the window and along the side. I think the cabins were designed with the idea that the beds would be arranged that way.

Is the L shape the standard "apart" shape or do you have to request it specifically? DH and I are thinking we would rather have the space and can sleep apart for a few nights.

Is the L shape the standard "apart" shape or do you have to request it specifically? DH and I are thinking we would rather have the space and can sleep apart for a few nights.

You will probably have to ask your room steward to set them up that way. I think it is probably unlikely that most people (unlike us Cruise Critic people) would know to have them set up to maximize space. :D:):D

Archived