New Cabin Categories Showing on Carnival!

gargoyle999

More categories, fewer cabins per category, more categories sold out, more ES bookers get screwed.

:cool:

Nah, I always book at at rate/cabin category that that I am comfortable with at the time of booking.

While at work today and daydreaming about my cruise next month I thought of one advantage to the new categories. As long as Carnival keeps listing 10 cabins per category you'll be able to see how full the ship is a little better! :)

Might also be able to see if a specific cabin is available a little easier since more will be available in the drop down boxes.

Thought I would let you know that it worked!! Got a price adjusment of $120.00. They did let me know that my cabin assigment is now VS and would need to submit any other changes in that catagory. :)

Same here:

"Your Early Saver request has been approved! Confirmations showing the rate adjustment have been issued to the email address provided.

Please be advised that as of October 16, 2009 the stateroom reserved has been recategorized to Category VS (Vista Suite). Future reprice requests will be reviewed based on the newly assigned category. "

I just noticed the Dream categories changed today. My 4G went to 4J, but I don't see any updates on the deck plans.

They must be in the process of updating everything, now I see deck plans desriptions have changed. Interesting, I don't see a category 4J.

I'm sooooooo confused. I always use another site to pick cabins (cause they show availables as blinking) and then go to Carnival to verify & book. My Dream aft balcony that was an 8G is now an 8M. The other site only goes up to 8Gs, so when I look at those, I'm getting the new 8Gs.

(I'm not really confused, they'll fix it soon but wow, if you didn't know they were changing codes, you'd be all *****?)

Those of you in the new 4J, 8M and 9C should check the rate on the 4G, 8G and 9A. If it is less than what you paid you should try for a price reduction!

Since it worked with VS -> JS it might work with other new categories as well. :)

My 9A Aft Wrap on the Liberty, is now a 9C.....:eek::eek:

Guess I have to change my signature....:D:D

Just when I was getting used to all of the names and locations, THIS has to happen:rolleyes:

Mine finally changed, too. What does "c" mean, I wonder? :rolleyes:

I just noticed the Dream categories changed today. My 4G went to 4J, but I don't see any updates on the deck plans.

I wouldnt expect to see valid descriptions any time soon. Carnival still shows a description for 5As... and its been at least 6 months, probably longer, since they HAVE NO 5A category .... and they didnt remove the description from their online site.

Carnival and up to date computer site dont go together.

I know this is an 'out there' request, but I'm trying hard to get Carnival to give me the $160 price reduction on my cat.11 aftwrap, now VS. My online TA has been working hard on it, and says I would be better armed if I had the booking numbers of those CC members who HAVE gotten the reduction.

Specifically, PACIFICOCLAN,MKITCHY,JEFFC79 & BIGDUCK, if you would be willing to help me, you can email me direct at

shathe1@aol.com. This would all be kept strictly confidential.

Thank you.

The aft/wrap rooms are the most sought out rooms and cruise lines know this, so they are going to make their money...its only expected!! I LOVE Carnival and the service I get...so, just work with them and you should get good results!

My aft wrap went down $30/pp. Yesterday. Just FYI. Check it often because you never know. :)

They must be in the process of updating everything, now I see deck plans desriptions have changed. Interesting, I don't see a category 4J.

The 4J appears to be the new category for the forward facing rooms that have a window, but are considered as "inside."

From the Dream descriptions:

Includes stateroom categories: 1A, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G and 4H.

PT Porthole.

4J Picture Window (obstructed views).

4S Spa Interior.

Maximizing supply and demand - good business call on Carnival's part - identify most liked cabins and price accordingly. The aft wraps are gorgeous and I do intend to sail in one someday. Upgrading/changing assignement of the porthole window cabins (at the inside rate) gives a better description to the person booking. Good to go!

I have a Cat 9-A on the Conquest for Sept 2010. I changed my Aft cabin from 7445 to 8448 because I wanted one deck up. Even though the Aft Cabins are the same I save $200 and my CVP told me "your timing is good too because they will be re-categorizing the ship again and soon it might have been more"

Well, This change just happend to my booking this morning and I did call Carnival about it ? My Cat 11 Suite for the week before Easter (Spring Break) On The Carnival Dream went from a Cat 11 to a Cat OS ? The pvp I spoke to said she had "Just printed those new cats out this morning and had that info in hand :eek::D! I thought "Great" until she told me an "OS" is Oceanview stateroom :rolleyes: ? I told her for what I paid for this Suite on Spring break week, That it had better not be an Oceanview ! She had to put me on hold and ask someone as she was sure it was an oceanview cabin ! She came back and said "Oh, I guess it still is a Cat 11 Suite ?" Great ! Although she still didn't know what the OS stood for ? Another fine call to Carnival :D ..

Well, This change just happend to my booking this morning and I did call Carnival about it ? My Cat 11 Suite for the week before Easter (Spring Break) On The Carnival Dream went from a Cat 11 to a Cat OS ? The pvp I spoke to said she had "Just printed those new cats out this morning and had that info in hand :eek::D! I thought "Great" until she told me an "OS" is Oceanview stateroom :rolleyes: ? I told her for what I paid for this Suite on Spring break week, That it had better not be an Oceanview ! She had to put me on hold and ask someone as she was sure it was an oceanview cabin ! She came back and said "Oh, I guess it still is a Cat 11 Suite ?" Great ! Although she still didn't know what the OS stood for ? Another fine call to Carnival :D ..

If you go to carnival.com you will see it is OS = Ocean Suite

I have that exact cabin in May. I'm soooo excited about it. I'll let you know how it is. :)

I am so excited too. Take plenty of photos and post them for us.

I have cabin 1058 for my January 10th sailing on The Conquest. If anyone has this cabin before me please take photos. If you have it after me, let me know and I'll take photographs for you too.

Archived