Soda Card?

We're scheduled for a 7 night on Carnival where we can drive to the port. I'm considering taking a couple of 12-packs of soft drinks, but I'm not sure if it is worth the effort. Has anyone done this, and if so, was it worth it? I do love my Diet Dr Pepper, which I've never been able to get onboard!

I've only sailed RCI, but as an avid diet soda drinker, the soda card was worth it for me. I drank soda for breakfast (no coffee for me!) and then dinner, so it just paid for me.

I do love Diet Dr. Pepper too and they didn't have that, but I added some Black Cherry rum to the diet coke :)

Lots of people bring sodas on board but I'm not sure if you'd feel comfortable bringing a can to the dining room?? Not sure how that all works.

I'm OK with either drinking water or tea at dinner, but I also like my soft drink for breakfast...not a coffee drinker at all. Might just get the soda card and bring a few DDP's as a week without one is too long!

It depends on how much you need to drink soda and if you are fine without your specific beverage. If you just want a little bit of soda or need the Dr. Pepper, I'd say just bring the 12 pack. If you purchased soda by the can onboard, you'd have to buy about 3 per day in order to make the soda card worthwhile ... personally, I've found that "splurging" on one or two expensive cans of soda is more satisfying than constantly downing fountain drinks to try to make sure I've gotten my money's worth ... but of course, it's all what you need and how much you want to drink. :)

If you're driving and don't have to deal with the airline restrictions, I'd go ahead and bring my own soda....A can runs about $2 or so....

We don't drink much soda anyway, so we don't bother....if we want the occassional soda, we just buy one!

We flew to PR and went to local Wal-Greens and purchased diet coke and carried on board. We feel its worth it because we can pull a cold drink out of the frig late at night, early in morning. We purchase the soda card and use it in dining room and pool deck. We just don't want to walk half-a mile to get a soda late at night or first thing in the morning. It's perfectly acceptable to bring the soda on-board.

Go to Goodwill and purchase a hard sided suitcase. They have some decent size ones for less than $5. Put your pop in it and check it. They will deliver it to your door. When the cruise is over trash the suitcase or use it for your extra souvenirs.

Robin

what I understand from reading on these boards: yes you can bring a 12 pack, just as long as you pack it into your luggage, something with a handle. Not just a 12 pack with your luggage tag on it :-)
I've taped two 12-packs together, put them into an extra-large ziplock bag, and duct-taped the whole thing together to create a water-proof, stable package . . . then I've slapped a luggage tag on it, and it's come right to my door. No problems.

Archived