2* Days Inn Airport South

Amenities: Shuttle, Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Laundry

(amenities believed to be accurate)

2* Rodeway Inn

Amenities: Shuttle, Restaurant

OR

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

Thanks royalcruz,

Based on the amenities, I'm guessing it's the Days Inn. Seems decent enough for 1 night ;).

Thanks for all your help.

John

Do you have a specific place that you want to stay? If you give us a little more info. we may be able to help you. I've recently booked the Hyatt Place FLL through Priceline for $70 and I've also booked other hotels using Hotwire. I'll try to help if I can. I need more info though (i.e., dates, # of people, area you'd like to stay, etc.)

Hi imluvncruzn,

No specific area, just want it where SAS can find me ;). As far as our specifics, there is 5 of us (all adults), we fly in Sat. evening on 1/9 and sail out of Miami on 1/10. We'll be spending 1 night post-cruise also on 1/17. Thanks for the help.

John

Does anyone know what the Hotwire codes are for Embassy Suites and also for the Riverside Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale?

Per Betterbidding:

Fort Lauderdale (Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades)

3.5* Embassy Suites REVIEW

(believed to have been downgraded to a 3* but no reported wins yet)

TIP: Key amenity to look for: Red "S" (for suite) icon in the amenities list

Full list of amenities: Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Complimentary Breakfast, Kitchenette, Business Center

3* Riverside Hotel (previous 3.5*)

Amenities: Near Beach, Restaurant, Pool, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry

I am new to cruising (really new to traveling) and just learned a very good lesson whle reading this post, Book Your Hotel Yourself. I let the TA book everything and the next cruise I take, I will do the booking myself for the Hotel and the Flight! I am booked for the Embassy Suites. We will be arriving around 5:30 (I'm giving myself an hour after plane lands) and would like to go to Las Olas. Do the shops stay open late? (Friday night) Never been @ Ft. Lauderdale and wanted to take in a few sites before cruising the next day. Thanks for any replies and for the lesson on better planning for my next cruise.

I am new to cruising (really new to traveling) and just learned a very good lesson whle reading this post, Book Your Hotel Yourself. I let the TA book everything and the next cruise I take, I will do the booking myself for the Hotel and the Flight! I am booked for the Embassy Suites. We will be arriving around 5:30 (I'm giving myself an hour after plane lands) and would like to go to Las Olas. Do the shops stay open late? (Friday night) Never been @ Ft. Lauderdale and wanted to take in a few sites before cruising the next day. Thanks for any replies and for the lesson on better planning for my next cruise.

If you are interested in Las Olas, you would be better off at Riverside Hotel. Most of the shops are open in the evening; we usually eat around 8:30 and find that the shops are open before dinner but not after dinner. Start shopping at the end of Las Olas near the Riverside Hotel, as the east end shops will be mostly closed. Happy shopping!!!

We will be driving to FLL for our cruise and are looking for a hotel that lets you leave the car there while away. Anyone know which hotels might offer that?

Springhill Suites does - we stayed with them in September and left the car for a six night cruise. We were very pleased with our stay there.

Archived