Ft. Lauderdale hotels with shuttle?

Nebr.cruiser

We're in Ft. Lauderdale one night pre-cruise. Can you recommend any hotels with free shuttles from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port? We'd like to be on the beach, or at least in safe walking distance.

Thanks for any help.

I do not believe there are any hotels near Fort Lauderdale beach that have free shuttles. But the beach isn't that far from the airport or port. Bahia Mar is a budget hotel across the street from the beach, towards the end closest to the port and walking distance to restaurants and bars. There is also Best Western Oceanside, which is even closer to the port but further from the beachfront restaurants.

We're in Ft. Lauderdale one night pre-cruise. Can you recommend any hotels with free shuttles from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port? We'd like to be on the beach, or at least in safe walking distance.

Thanks for any help.

Deja vu! My husband and I will be in Ft. Lauderdale one night pre-cruise in February and are currently doing a hotel search. Unfortunately for us, we're going out on Valentine's weekend and some of the hotels have a 3-night min that weekend and we just need the one night.

It appears that most of the area hotels have free airport shuttles but most do NOT have free port shuttles and one that claims to have it doesn't have a good track record.

We won a bid for the Hyatt Place at Ft Lauderdale Airport-North thru Hotwire. It has both the shuttle to the hotel and then to the pier. We thought it had the best price for our time there. Good luck. There are not a lot that have the shuttle service available:(

We will be staying at the Hyatt Place in November for the third time and highly recommend it, although it isn't near the beach you can catch the Sun Trolley that will take you to the beach, either on 17th street or at Publix in the Harbor Shops about a block from the hotel.

Remember, a hotel shuttle is not the best criteria for booking a hotel.

I think if there were, they would be so crowded you would probably give up in frustration while waiting for your ride. Seriously. ;)

Well, of course I agree it's not perhaps the best criteria--and I wasn't really hopeful that a beach hotel would have shuttles. It's not like we're needing a spectacular resort (though I'd take it!) for a week' stay.

But, for us, just needing a room for less than a day, pre-cruise, it is a consideration. Taxis to the hotel and then to the port the next day totaled about $60 last year when we stayed in Miami.

I realize taxi fares might be less from the Ft. Lauderdale airport, but shuttles are still a plus to me. We just need a convenient, clean and safe place to stay for our one night. We do like to go to the beach just for sight-seeing and walking and it looks like there are options to get there, like the trolley mentioned.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Deja vu! My husband and I will be in Ft. Lauderdale one night pre-cruise in February and are currently doing a hotel search. Unfortunately for us, we're going out on Valentine's weekend and some of the hotels have a 3-night min that weekend and we just need the one night.

It appears that most of the area hotels have free airport shuttles but most do NOT have free port shuttles and one that claims to have it doesn't have a good track record.

Unbelievable...but it works. I booked throught hotwire - 3***, downtown-Las Olas and got Hyatt, SE 10th for $89. This was for 2/11. Shuttle, comp breakfast.. Regular price was $210.

Unbelievable...but it works. I booked throught hotwire - 3***, downtown-Las Olas and got Hyatt, SE 10th for $89. This was for 2/11. Shuttle, comp breakfast.. Regular price was $210.

That's a better rate than I got for November. So you did well. My rate is $109

What bidding strategy did you use for the Hyatt Place at Ft. Lauderdale North? I can buy it for $88 total from the hotel website, so I'm leaning that way, unless I can get some really cheap price by bidding.

I need a strategy that guarntees this hotel (as far as possible), as it's the one I want.

Thanks!

What bidding strategy did you use for the Hyatt Place at Ft. Lauderdale North? I can buy it for $88 total from the hotel website, so I'm leaning that way, unless I can get some really cheap price by bidding.

I need a strategy that guarntees this hotel (as far as possible), as it's the one I want.

Thanks!

There's no guarantee, but use these lists as a guide. If you bid 3* Fort Lauderdale downtown you will either get Hyatt North, Embassy Suites, or Riverside Hotel, which are all good.

priceline: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=78&

hotwire: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=67&

Well, of course I agree it's not perhaps the best criteria--and I wasn't really hopeful that a beach hotel would have shuttles. It's not like we're needing a spectacular resort (though I'd take it!) for a week' stay.

But, for us, just needing a room for less than a day, pre-cruise, it is a consideration. Taxis to the hotel and then to the port the next day totaled about $60 last year when we stayed in Miami.

I realize taxi fares might be less from the Ft. Lauderdale airport, but shuttles are still a plus to me. We just need a convenient, clean and safe place to stay for our one night. We do like to go to the beach just for sight-seeing and walking and it looks like there are options to get there, like the trolley mentioned.

You could try the Sleep Inn in Dania. It has airport and cruise shuttles. I read a review that said it is a mile to a beach but can be reached by bus. That wouldnt be the "main" beach but apparently taxis are not going to be too bad so I was told. I got a good rate for our cruise there.

Thanks for posting all this great information. I just used Hotwire for the very first time and got a room at the Hyatt FLL Airport North for two nights (pre-cruise out of Miami) the end of January for $89 a night. Originally, we were booked at the La Quinta Airport for $120.60 a night. I think we have ended up with a much better deal!! The Hyatt looks very nice.:)

Try looking at the Comfort Inn/airport/cruiseport. I just checked it out, and they offer shuttle from FLL and then to the cruiseport. I think they also have a Free breakfast.

I think we stayed there about 5 yrs. ago, and it was fine. It's no Fairmont Hotel, but neither is the price!

Good luck and have a great cruise!

I'm the OP. I booked the Hyatt Place airport North on Hotwire today for $71.69 total. I'm happy with that. Thanks for all the good advice, I think this hotel will be ideal for our short stay.

I am a little confused. Not being familiar with Ft. Lauderdale, I am wondering if the Hyatt Place mentioned for airport north is the same as the one on Hotwire's site listed as Downtown, Los Alos?

Thanks for your help.

This was the Hotwire description I used and got the Hyatt Place Airport North; this was for one night precruise, Dec. 9th.

Area: Ft. Lauderdale Las Olas-downtown-Port Everglades. Amenities listed when you click on continue and then the more amenities tab: airport shuttle, smokefree, complimentary breakfast, fitness center, pool(s), business center, high speed internet

I booked at $59 plus taxes; strangely, about two minutes after I booked I went back to write down the above information so that I could post on here to help others and what seemed to be the same hotel was going for $79. So prices can change quickly

Maxine...I selected the same as Nebr.cruiser (Ft. Lauderdale Las Olas-downtown-Port Everglades) to get the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport North on Hotwire. Reading the reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor, we have decided that the location is good enough that we will not need to rent a car. We will be using SAS Transportation for a shuttle ride to the Miami Port to join our cruise.

Great job on the rate Nebr.cruiser!!

This was the Hotwire description I used and got the Hyatt Place Airport North; this was for one night precruise, Dec. 9th.

Area: Ft. Lauderdale Las Olas-downtown-Port Everglades. Amenities listed when you click on continue and then the more amenities tab: airport shuttle, smokefree, complimentary breakfast, fitness center, pool(s), business center, high speed internet

I booked at $59 plus taxes; strangely, about two minutes after I booked I went back to write down the above information so that I could post on here to help others and what seemed to be the same hotel was going for $79. So prices can change quickly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure that is the same one I am looking at but it shows at $89 - not 59 or 79. Do you think it might be because our cruise is leaving midweek so I am not looking to stay there on a weekend? I really would like to get the Hyatt place as I have stayed at those in other areas so I am so darn afraid that I will get somewhere else if I do Priceline.

It may depend on your dates and day(s) of the week and what rooms are available. The rate I got through Hotwire was $89 a night, but that was for a Saturday and Sunday at the end of January. Compared to the price I had for a lesser hotel, I was quite satisifed with the $89.

I don't know what to tell you. We're leaving mid-week too, Dec. 10th and booked for the night of Dec. 9th, a Wed.

It might have something to do with the date you need, if anything else is going on in the area, like a big convention or sporting event, or the hotel is almost full. ???? From $59 to $89 in just a short while--does-not-compute.

Are you sure it is the exact same locale and amenities? Maybe it is one of the other area hotels, like Holiday Inn or Hilton. Using Hotwire, and especially Priceline, is never a sure thing, as to hotel.

Archived