Ft. Lauderdale hotels with shuttle?

Nebr.cruiser

I don't know what to tell you. We're leaving mid-week too, Dec. 10th and booked for the night of Dec. 9th, a Wed.

It might have something to do with the date you need, if anything else is going on in the area, like a big convention or sporting event, or the hotel is almost full. ???? From $59 to $89 in just a short while--does-not-compute.

Are you sure it is the exact same locale and amenities? Maybe it is one of the other area hotels, like Holiday Inn or Hilton. Using Hotwire, and especially Priceline, is never a sure thing, as to hotel.

No, it is the same one you described with the same "picture" amenities. Shuttle, no smoking, free breakfast etc. I wonder if the time of day you check has something to do with it. I usually have checked it late afternoon/evening. I will try early morning and see what happens. In the meantime, I sure appreciate you taking the time to help me. I went ahead and booked the Sleep Inn to be on the safe side but would still prefer the Hyatt Place.

Try looking at the Comfort Inn/airport/cruiseport. I just checked it out, and they offer shuttle from FLL and then to the cruiseport. I think they also have a Free breakfast.

I think we stayed there about 5 yrs. ago, and it was fine. It's no Fairmont Hotel, but neither is the price!

Good luck and have a great cruise!

Love CC for exactly the reason that one can get great information. like yours! Just booked at Comfort INN for March cruise. Great price, shuttle from the airport and to the pier, free breakfast. That's all we needed!! Thanks again.

I have used it a few times without any problem. I found the recomendation on CC and tried it.

I heard back from valuetrips.com today and I got the Hyatt North for $89 in April. Thank you for the information here. It was nice to not have to bid and hope. It sure beats $200+ booking thru them directly.

Free shuttle from airport, free shuttle to cruise, free breakfast, alot of things in walking distance and close to shore area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure that is the same one I am looking at but it shows at $89 - not 59 or 79. Do you think it might be because our cruise is leaving midweek so I am not looking to stay there on a weekend? I really would like to get the Hyatt place as I have stayed at those in other areas so I am so darn afraid that I will get somewhere else if I do Priceline.

I just book the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport-North on Hotwire. We are staying Jan 1st, one night. Only $89.00 on hotwire. Hyatt wanted $227. I have been checking rates the past three weeks. I am so glad I looked at this thread and took the risk of booing with Hotwire. Counting the days to our Eurodam cruise! Jan 2nd can't get here fast enough.

Ryan in Michigan

• 2 weeks later...
I would check hotels you are interested in with tripadvisor. I think Comfort Inn had some bad reviews. I normally stay at Comfort Inn's but it seems I read a few bad things could be wrong.;)

I've stayed at that Comfort Inn a few times because they usually have competitive prices, free breakfast, and of course, the free shuttle. The hotel itself was perfectly adequate for one night IMHO. Clean but not plush. However, because of the shuttle, the lobby area is a complete zoo. Expect large crowds sitting around, plus all the baggage. (Personally, I would prefer to spend a few bucks for a taxi than sit on my suitcase for a couple hours, but I am typically outvoted.)

We are trying the new Best Western Airport South with free breakfast and shuttles for our upcoming cruise out of Fort Lauderdale this month.

For those of you booking on Hotwire and the like, how many people are you booking in one room? At the moment, I am booked at Hyatt Place for $141. We have to pay extra since there will be 4 in the room.

My concern is ending up with a room with 1 king bed, if I book with Hotwire.

I am a little confused. Not being familiar with Ft. Lauderdale, I am wondering if the Hyatt Place mentioned for airport north is the same as the one on Hotwire's site listed as Downtown, Los Alos?

Thanks for your help.

Yes it is the same one.

For those of you booking on Hotwire and the like, how many people are you booking in one room? At the moment, I am booked at Hyatt Place for $141. We have to pay extra since there will be 4 in the room.

My concern is ending up with a room with 1 king bed, if I book with Hotwire.

When booking hotwire you have the option to put up to 4 in a room. Priceline only guarantees up to two in a room. We booked the Hyatt Place for $70 night 1/1/10 through Priceline even though we will have 4 in the room. All of the rooms at the Hyatt Place have the fold out sectional sofa so even if we don't get two beds, the kids can sleep on the pull-out.

When booking hotwire you have the option to put up to 4 in a room. Priceline only guarantees up to two in a room. We booked the Hyatt Place for $70 night 1/1/10 through Priceline even though we will have 4 in the room. All of the rooms at the Hyatt Place have the fold out sectional sofa so even if we don't get two beds, the kids can sleep on the pull-out.

Great. Thanks for the info.

Hi there, I just checked Hotwire for the description mentionned for Hyatt and it is now $126 a night? Wondering if it really went from $89 to $126 in 2 days of if I am looking at the wrong one. Can anyone confirm it's now up toe $126? I too have to book for family of 4. I tried with 2 people and 4 people and it's the same price. Thanks for the help!

Are there any rooms on hotwire that will accomodate 5? We won't be arriving until late and leaving the next morning. I have prices from Embassy, Spring Hill, and Fairfield Suites if I book directly with them. Can the rooms be cancelled? Thanks I am very new to hotwire and priceline. Is is best to wait until the trip gets closer?

Rooms from Hotwire and Priceline are non-refundable. Normally you should be able to cancel rooms that are booked directly with the hotel within a given time, like 24 hours before staying there, but you need to check their website for their policies.

I don't think you can reserve a room for more than four people on Hotwire, but I've never tried. Mahybe you could try calling them for advice?

Hi all,

Any guesses what kind of hotels the following might be on Hotwire?

Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl Airport FLL 2** for $85 a night

Thanks for any help. I'm a little overwhelmed at this point :confused::confused::confused:

John

Smoke ---

If you're considering booking on Priceline or Hotwire, you definitely need to do some reading on http://www.betterbidding.com/

I've gotten several good deals from them, but you need to know areas of town, reasonable price to offer/accept, there is some strategy!

Thanks ceejay, I've been reading up on it, but I'm still confused. About the time I think I've got it is when I realize, I don't got it :confused::D. I'm just a bit leery about saying "go for it" and then finding out I've said yes to a place where you have to fight the bugs for bed space :eek:. I stayed in a few of those when I was younger :cool:.

Thanks again,

John

Hi all,

Any guesses what kind of hotels the following might be on Hotwire?

Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl Airport FLL 2** for $85 a night

Thanks for any help. I'm a little overwhelmed at this point :confused::confused::confused:

John

According to Betterbidding it might be one of these (look at the amenities):

2* Days Inn Airport South

Amenities: Shuttle, Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Laundry

(amenities believed to be accurate)

2* Rodeway Inn

Amenities: Shuttle, Restaurant

OR

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

Thanks ceejay, I've been reading up on it, but I'm still confused. About the time I think I've got it is when I realize, I don't got it :confused::D. I'm just a bit leery about saying "go for it" and then finding out I've said yes to a place where you have to fight the bugs for bed space :eek:. I stayed in a few of those when I was younger :cool:.

Thanks again,

John

Do you have a specific place that you want to stay? If you give us a little more info. we may be able to help you. I've recently booked the Hyatt Place FLL through Priceline for $70 and I've also booked other hotels using Hotwire. I'll try to help if I can. I need more info though (i.e., dates, # of people, area you'd like to stay, etc.)

Archived