Need help with packing for 5 night Mexican Riviera cruise

Look2Sea

Need help with overcoming the urge to overpack.

I am female over 50 years old.

How many shorts, shirts, long pants, etc for 5 night Mexican Riviera cruise?

Should I take sweatshirt? What kind of jacket?

I am a chronic overpacker (take too many clothes), and need an intervention.

I would plan on wearing shorts more than once----typically, I'll put a pair on for breakfast, then change into a swimsuit until time to dress for dinner! Unless you're a food spiller, you should be able to wear the same shorts a couple of times...same with the shirt!

I do pack something different for each dinner....just because I like to....I don't particularly mind "over-packing"!

Have you checked the weather forecast for the area you'll be in? That would dictact what you'll need to bring.

Just returned from the Mexican Riviera. Pack a jacket for the ship! It was cool in the dining room and lounges. I agree you should check the weather for your time in Mexico. Shorts and capris should be fine. Dining room was much more casual that on a 7 day cruise. Very few long dresses and there is only 1 formal night. Have fun!

I still over pack no matter how hard I try not do. Generally during your 1st day & last is extremely casual, except for that evening attire. I would take perhaps either one dress or a nice pants pant outfit for the formal night. From there if your going to eat in the MDR, take 2-3 casual slacks and nice tops for the evening. Try and mix & match so you can wear same slacks, but change the tops. Shorts, again Mix & match with the tops, & take maybe 3 or 4. We always take a light jacket or sweater and also I do a weather check of the areas we will be visiting just before we leave.

Lay out everything you think you need for your cruise. Put at least one third of it back in your closet. By the sounds of it, maybe you should put half of it back in your closet.

The vast majority of people on the ship with you do not care what you wear, so pack happy.

If you want to pack something extra, pack money, and lots of it. You will need it.

MexicoBob

I just got back from a 5 night MR cruise, so I'll try to recreate my packing list:

Evening

1 cocktail dress for formal night

1 pair of ivory colored slacks w/2 tops for casual nights

2 casual knit dresses for other nights

2 pair heels, one dressy, one casual

Day wear

3 pair shorts, one pair worn twice after being laundered

4 tops

1 bathing suit with cover up

1 pair walking shorts with T shirt

1 jacket and long pants for cooler sea day

sandals

flip flops

walking shoes

Toiletries, camera, small first aid kit and a few odds and ends.

We had the clothes cleaned that we wore to embark the ship and wore them to disembark.

What I didn't wear

the jacket and long pants for the cooler sea day

1 of the casual dresses, we ended up eating at the buffet one night...will never do that again and will make the effort to dress and go to dinner from here on out!

Bring a VERY WARM JOGGING SUITwith fleece hoodie

Cabo and vicinity is very COOL

We went from La to PV and we froze the whole way down till PV

THis was in March .In july returning from Hawaii from Ensenada to LA it was FREEZING

I did not care for Mex Riviera ...TOO COLD

Archived