Transfers to Cape Canaveral...

holdon216

If you go to East Coast depatures, there is a Florida board at the very top ... click on the I work in Port Canaveral, all sorts of shuttles and rental cars are very easy to do, easy to turn in and they will drop you at the port.

Renting a car is cheapest.

Rent a car. It is 45 minutes TOPS. There is one toll of $1.25. I did this in JUne 08. I spent less than $100.00 on 2 cars. One each way. I used one gallon of gas maybe 2. Still came out ahead. And it one road from airport to Port. You pass the port, return your car, and ride shuttle back to port. Very, very easy.

i used a company, spaceport transport, to get from port canaveral (the cruise ship port), to cape canaveral (nasa kennedy space center)...

IMG_4157.jpg

their number is on the van above...

if you don't want the hassle of renting a car, i'd recommend them... they have minivans, and larger vans. that town & country was for 4 of us, and our private van... i'm sure if you tell them how much luggage you will be bringing with you, they will accomodate you.

you didn't mention how many people you'll have in your party, but here's an example from their web site:

Here is an example of Space Port Transport Prices: If 6 people wanted to go to Port Canaveral from Orlando Int’l Airport, the cost would be $88.00 for the first 3 people and $10.00 for each additional person, for a total of $118.00.

http://www.spaceporttransport.com/rates.htm

they were nothing but responsible, punctual and i'd recommend them. they also gave us a 10.00 discount on our fare for paying in cash.

We are two adults. Carnival transfer is 70.00 round trip each. Which would have us spending 140.00 total round trip. Can we do it cheaper?? Save a bit here more to spend on drinks :)

Did you read my post? Rent a car! I rented from Thrifty on way there for less than $40.00. Used Budget on way back for about $60.00. Way back I needed a bigger vehicle.

We are two adults. Carnival transfer is 70.00 round trip each. Which would have us spending 140.00 total round trip. Can we do it cheaper?? Save a bit here more to spend on drinks :)

it'd be 88.00 via spaceport transport. probably 80 if you pay cash, for the both of you.

you can probably rent a car for in the neighborhood of 50-60 after taxes and stuff. i'm sure others can give you more specific $ for that. personally, i'd just call the transport company, to save the hassle.

We just rented a car in Orlando a week ago. We did convertibles for fun, but I remember seeing you could do a compact for $40 each way. I know that a compact will be fine for 2 adults with luggage, just pop some stuff in the back seat if there isn't enough room in the trunk. I have a small Hyundai accent, which I think is their version of the compact. We had 2 large roller suitcases, 3 smaller carryon size roller suitcases and a couple of backpacks in the trunk and it all fit.

Plus, with a rental car you have the ability to stop and pick up anything you might need to get on the way. I remember there being a Walmart right off the highway you take out to the port.

We have cars rented for our Dec cruise, full size since there are 3 grandkids to fit in. Both ways, including tax is costing us under $100. This will be our 10th cruise out of PC and we have used this method each time. No inflation in these prices, since there are current.

LoveJake, can I ask which rental car company you are using? We are sailing on the Dream for Christmas and were planning on renting a car to get from port to airport... the cheapest I have found is around $130 each way. I know it will be more since it's around the holidays.. just wondering which you found to be the most cost efficient! Thanks!

Archived