Anyone use roll away bed instead of upper berth on Princess for child?

brenderlou

We will be on the Crown Princess in November. Last year we were on RCCL and our 4 yr old (now 5) did not want to use to upper berth...it was only 6 months ago....so DH slept up there :).

We also were on the Celebrity Century for a 5 night cruise (inside cabin) and had a roll away bed for our daughter. It worked out great. We had a queen bed configuration and the rollaway fit in between the cabin wall and the edge of the bed of it was like a king size bed and she LOVED sleeping on her "own" bed next to us.

When we booked the Crown I requested and just received confirmation for a roll away bed in the cabin to use so we are all on the same level.

Has anyone sailed on Princess and had a rollaway in their cabin? I'm wondering if it will fit between the bed wether a queen configuration or set up as a twin?

I would tell the child that they are "camping out"...throw a blanket on the floor and let them have at it....no way would I give up the real bed for a child (yes---even MY child!)...kids can (and will) sleep anywhere....the floor is considered "adventure" sleeping!

I would tell the child that they are "camping out"...throw a blanket on the floor and let them have at it....no way would I give up the real bed for a child (yes---even MY child!)...kids can (and will) sleep anywhere....the floor is considered "adventure" sleeping!

Huh????? We are not giving up a bed. We have the option of the upper berth or roll away bed....putting a blanket on a floor and telling to "have at it" wasn't one of the options and never would be.

Archived