Adjoining Rooms, We don't need them, possible upgrade?

We booked a cabin and found out that it is an inside connecting cabin. We don't have anyone booking with us that is going to need that connecting cabin.

Should we have our TA call to see if he can get us upgraded to open up this cabin for someone who really needs connecting interiors?

Has anyone had experience with this or am I hoping for something so ridiculous?

We are booked Feb 14 (major school vaca week) on FOS in category L on deck 9.

Well, you can certainly ask to be moved, but unless you're willing to pay extra, it would just be moving to a non-connecting stateroom....

Personally, deck 9 is a great location...only 2 flights to the pool and open decks..

There's really nothing wrong with a connecting cabin as the door will remain locked.

Call your TA and see what they can do!

Well, you can certainly ask to be moved, but unless you're willing to pay extra, it would just be moving to a non-connecting stateroom....

Call your TA and see what they can do!

Good point. We don't want to pay extra and want to keep our deck 9, however, we would be willing to be upgraded to a better category even if on a lower deck, if RCI needs a connecting room to open up for someone else.

I am thinking that my current room is more marketable than a room they could upgrade us to, thus, upgrade fairy and RCI sells the 2 cabins to another group.

Am I crazy to think this will happen automatically?

Has anyone had experience with this or am I hoping for something so ridiculous?

Am I crazy to think this will happen automatically?

Honestly yes I think you are way off with your thinking and I doubt this will happen automatically. I even doubt they will care a bit. You are saying yourself it´s a busy week, and they will sell the cabins anyway.

Do you even know if your connecting neighbour cabin is still available, or is it also booked by someone not needing connecting rooms? So they would need to be moved as well.

Honestly yes I think you are way off with your thinking and I doubt this will happen automatically. I even doubt they will care a bit. You are saying yourself it´s a busy week, and they will sell the cabins anyway.

Do you even know if your connecting neighbour cabin is still available, or is it also booked by someone not needing connecting rooms? So they would need to be moved as well.

Thanks, Yes, it is still available.

If you have the option of having a similar cabin with no upgrade fees ask for a non connecting cabin. Otherwise you may actually be able to hear your neighbors, especially with inside cabins where sounds may be amplified....As with a hotel room I would never book a room with a connecting door I feel it lacks a little privacy...each to their own....just my thoughts on the situation....Enjoy your cruise...:)

If you have the option of having a similar cabin with no upgrade fees ask for a non connecting cabin. Otherwise you may actually be able to hear your neighbors, especially with inside cabins where sounds may be amplified....As with a hotel room I would never book a room with a connecting door I feel it lacks a little privacy...each to their own....just my thoughts on the situation....Enjoy your cruise...:)

good point! This might be a good talking point when I have the TA call...RCI won't talk to me bcs we used a TA. thanks!:D

Archived