many rooms available 30 days before sailing

p5woody

I will be sailing in 33 days, the ship still has 175+ rooms available according to carnvial website. Yes, I went through each category before you ask. It may be higher, some still have 10 rooms available in the category so it only shows the first 10.

Is this normal?

does it indicate they might drop the price?

Any way to tell if they have assigned the guarantee rooms yet?

Just wondering

I will be sailing in 33 days, the ship still has 175+ rooms available according to carnvial website. Yes, I went through each category before you ask. It may be higher, some still have 10 rooms available in the category so it only shows the first 10.

Is this normal?

does it indicate they might drop the price?

Any way to tell if they have assigned the guarantee rooms yet?

Just wondering

Just checking the Carnival website will not tell you how many cabins are available. Various TA's have cabins on hold also. If the ship is not filling up at 33 days out it is very likely the prices will start to fall. Carnival may opt to move existing reservations up to the higher priced cabins (for free or at a nominal fee) in order to book the lower.

There's no way for you to know when the guarantee cabins are assigned. Some are not done until sail date. I've booked guarantees where I the room wasn't assigned until then.For my cruise coming up in November I just received a free upgrade when the price dropped and I hadn't booked Early Saver.

Just checking the Carnival website will not tell you how many cabins are available. Various TA's have cabins on hold also. If the ship is not filling up at 33 days out it is very likely the prices will start to fall. Carnival may opt to move existing reservations up to the higher priced cabins (for free or at a nominal fee) in order to book the lower.

There's no way for you to know when the guarantee cabins are assigned. Some are not done until sail date. I've booked guarantees where I the room wasn't assigned until then.For my cruise coming up in November I just received a free upgrade when the price dropped and I hadn't booked Early Saver.

At 33 days until the cruise aren't the cabins TA's have on hold returned to Carnival inventory by now?

If not at what point does this happen?

I can't see Carnival leaving all these cabins in the hands of TA's this close to sailing.:confused:

Bill

I tried posting this a minute ago - the site is acting wacky or it could be pilot error:). How can you tell how many rooms are left on a ship? I could not locate anything on the Carnival web site. Thanks for your help.

I'd like to know too. I tried looking and the rates aren't even being shown anymore. I am thinking that my cruise is all booked up. :confused:

I tried posting this a minute ago - the site is acting wacky or it could be pilot error:). How can you tell how many rooms are left on a ship? I could not locate anything on the Carnival web site. Thanks for your help.

I went in like I was going to book a cruise and then selected each category and noted how many rooms were available. We are a family of four, so I check for 2 people and 4 people. I am assuming if they did not show the category then that category was sold out.

I don't know of any way to quickly look to see how many rooms are available.

My PVP told me that all cabins held by outside agencies are released back to the cruiseline when the final payment date arrives. Carnival then has there total avaliable inventory and can decide from that when and where to start discounting.

I'm guessing here but my thoughts are they will go to their already booked customers to upsell to higher revenue cabins that aren't sailing 2nd after reducing some rates to see what they can book. Guarantee assignments will come last after everything else is exhausted. Then the big price drops will come if necessary.

But thats just me thinking out loud LOL!

Archived