Anyone buy a Parazul bag?

murfturf

I just got off Freedom Of The Seas, and I was hooked into buying a Parazul bag! The shopping "director" (or whatever she is called!) was able to find me the one I wanted, and went out of her way to find the color and style I wanted.

It was a splurge for our 10th anniversary, and I love it! I know I should pack it up for the Spring (it's a Lime Green Slim Bag) because it's not very "Fall" but I love it too much! I only regret I didn't get another scarf, because looking at the website - the scarves and charms were cheaper in Jamaica than what they list on the site. Oh well, another scarf (or another bag) for another trip!

I looked at those bags, but wasn't knocked out by the design. I have something similar that I received for Christmas last year. No scarf, but I can always add my own.

And honestly, I have waaaayyyyyy too many bags already. It's tough to hide purchases in those cabins, and if DH saw that I bought a bag on vacation, he'd probably dump me overboard. :p

I'm just starting to get into bags - and I like having ones that other people don't! The white or tan bag didn't do it for me, but this green jumped out at me! I got the hibiscus charm as well.

My bag and his cigars/rum were about the same cost - so he can't throw me off the ship! ;) No Christmas presents for each other though this year, this was Christmas for us!

Edited by murfturf

Is St Martin the only island where you can buy the Parazul bags? My sister purchased one for me last winter, and I'm going on a Caribbean cruise in November, and I'd like to find a store to purchase them. Our ports are Curacao, Antiqua, Bermuda and Grand Cayman.

Looks like you're in luck. This is from their website....

ALASKA

• Juneau: Diamonds International
  • Juneau: Royal Jewelers
  • Ketchikan: Treasures of Alaska
  • Skagway: Diamonds International
  • Skagway: Tanzanite International

CARIBBEAN

• Antigua: Diamonds International
  • Aruba: Diamonds International
  • Barbados: Diamonds International
  • Grand Cayman: Island Companies
  • Key West: Tanzanite International
  • Ocho Rios: Jewels & Time at Island Village
  • Ocho Rios: Jewels & Time at Taj Mahal Plaza
  • San Juan: Blue Diamond II
  • St. Kitts: Kay's Fine Jewelry
  • St. Lucia: Harry Edwards
  • St. Maarten: Goldfinger Jewelry
  • St. Maarten: Majesty Jewelers
  • St. Thomas: Diamonds International

Bermuda

• Crisson Jewellers

Is St Martin the only island where you can buy the Parazul bags? My sister purchased one for me last winter, and I'm going on a Caribbean cruise in November, and I'd like to find a store to purchase them. Our ports are Curacao, Antiqua, Bermuda and Grand Cayman.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Island Princess and I purchased the slim bag in Jamacia. The website prices are much higher. The sales person told me to order any more charms and scarfs from their site. This will be the way to go. Enjoy and if your budget is less call it a Christmas gift to yourself. Hey once Halloween is over can Christmas be far away..

I wanted to buy one but neve saw one in the shoppes. I didn't go to the shopping talk so didn't know whee to get them until I got home and online. I would still like one but would do my own scarf through them as I am allergic to silk. Guess next cruise I will know where to get them if I still "need" one.

I just got off Freedom Of The Seas, and I was hooked into buying a Parazul bag! The shopping "director" (or whatever she is called!) was able to find me the one I wanted, and went out of her way to find the color and style I wanted.

It was a splurge for our 10th anniversary, and I love it! I know I should pack it up for the Spring (it's a Lime Green Slim Bag) because it's not very "Fall" but I love it too much! I only regret I didn't get another scarf, because looking at the website - the scarves and charms were cheaper in Jamaica than what they list on the site. Oh well, another scarf (or another bag) for another trip!

How wonderful that you got a bag you love and will hold special memories of your anniversary and your cruise. Enjoy it, whether anyone else likes it or not.

Happy Anniversary!

Time to plan your next cruise, and next bag accessory! ;)

BTW, you can always buy another scarf to use. Doesn't have to be the parazul brand.

• 1 year later...

These bags are so pretty and I have looked at them several times. I have never bought one because I found them expensive. When I looked closely at the material, I wondered how they would wear but I could easily be convinced because they are very pretty.

Edited by Cancun01

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if the Parazul bags are the same price everywhere? I have been wanting one since my cruise last February, but didn't buy one - I see they have a website, but honestly don't remember the prices in the carribbean? I'm interested in the "Slim Bag" and it is $225 online - which seems higher than what I remember?

Does anyone know if the Parazul bags are the same price everywhere? I have been wanting one since my cruise last February, but didn't buy one - I see they have a website, but honestly don't remember the prices in the carribbean? I'm interested in the "Slim Bag" and it is $225 online - which seems higher than what I remember?

You'll find the bags sometimes on eBay. Not the same selection of style/color/accessories you'd find at a retail location, but the price can be tempting.

• 3 months later...

How do the prices at the "cruise stores" compare to the online prices? I love the look of the bag but don't want to spend $200+ on a bag. I know that the itinerary that you buy for $30 is $85 on the website - which is nuts. I use my itinerary quite a bit and it holds up well too but $85?

Taking a trip in June and thought I would save some extra money back and make that my cruise splurge if it isn't too expensive.

Thanks!!

How do the prices at the "cruise stores" compare to the online prices? I love the look of the bag but don't want to spend $200+ on a bag. I know that the itinerary that you buy for $30 is $85 on the website - which is nuts. I use my itinerary quite a bit and it holds up well too but $85?

Taking a trip in June and thought I would save some extra money back and make that my cruise splurge if it isn't too expensive.

Thanks!!

I hope to check your question out next month. I've found one I want online, and will see what the price is in Aruba. Hopefully, the price in Aruba will be quite a bit lower....fingers crossed!:o

I hope to check your question out next month. I've found one I want online, and will see what the price is in Aruba. Hopefully, the price in Aruba will be quite a bit lower....fingers crossed!:o

Let us know what the price differences are! Have fun on your trip-

• 1 month later...
Let us know what the price differences are! Have fun on your trip-

It really wasn't a great deal cheaper.....but I didn't have to pay taxes or shipping! The lowest price for shipping on their website is $15 and with the taxes, it would have been substantially more.

But.....I LOVE it! I got the bronze scarf bag (it comes with a scarf and charm), plus I had a coupon for a free charm, so I bought an additional scarf. Two different looks + no shipping/taxes + a reminder of Curacao = one happy camper!!

936708_610761525602204_1338981045_n.jpg

Parazul's website is having a "spring cleaning" sale - they have some scarf bags, tote bags, demi bags, as well as some scarfs & charms for some really good prices! http://www.parazul.com/store/sale.html I think the sale is good thru May 31st.

I saw that....since I "liked" them on FB. I ordered two scarves and a charm :p....but the scarf bags like mine (once you click on it) says Out of Stock:(