Freedome vs Independence

What is the difference between the Freedom ship and the Independence ship??? They seem to have the exact same stuff.

Thanks!

They are basically the same ship however the INDY is the newest Freedom class ship to date.....Love the INDY..Back onboard her March 20, 2010 Eastern Caribbean.....:D

Completely wrong. Both exactly the same size.

Technically that person is right. Indy is bigger by a few inches or something equivalent to that. If they were docked next to each other, you wouldnt be able be able to tell the difference.

They are basically the same ship however the INDY is the newest Freedom class ship to date.....Love the INDY..Back onboard her March 20, 2010 Eastern Caribbean.....:D

We too will be on her in March. Staying at the Embassy Suite the night before the cruise. ;) Glad to hear you love the ship. Have you signed up for the meet & mingle or do you do that? Just wondering

Jeanne

We too will be on her in March. Staying at the Embassy Suite the night before the cruise. ;) Glad to hear you love the ship. Have you signed up for the meet & mingle or do you do that? Just wondering

Jeanne

Hello cranejwr....Have not signed up for the M&M yet...even though we have cruised many times I am pretty new to CC...Glad to hear you will be staying at the Embassy Suites that is a great choice..We stayed there 3 nights before our Eastern Caribbean Cruise Jan 2009. I wrote a good review of it on the Trip Advisor don't be discouraged by any negative reviews you read there. I was, so I emailed the manager before our arrival and he emailed me back quickly and assured me not to be concerned about anything...TRUE :) to his word he had our rooms ready for an early checkin (6:30am, came in on a redeye from LAX) and checked with us that afternoon to make sure everything was going well. It's a great hotel and location.....ENJOY !!!!;)

Just recently on the Liberty and was told by the crew that the Liberty was actually a wee bit larger in length. Ultimately, who cares really? They are all great ships with virtually the same things on them with different themes and decor. Any ship will do!

Thanks everybody!!!!! Now I just need to make a final decision and book it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like it would be the freedom ship going off the dates we want to go. Now to decide Eastern or Western!!

Nice to have two great choices..:confused:..We love the Eastern Caribbean especially the 8 night......Have a great time making your decision and enjoy your cruise...:D

Just recently on the Liberty and was told by the crew that the Liberty was actually a wee bit larger in length. Ultimately, who cares really? They are all great ships with virtually the same things on them with different themes and decor. Any ship will do!

And everyone knows if you hear it from the crew, it must be true.

GEEZE :eek: Someone asked a simple question ..:confused:..and some feel the need to get all competitive.....just answer to the best of your ability and experience......and stay in your ...OWN LANE..;)

Having been on board during the construction of all Freedom class ships I can confirm a few things

The main layout, carpets, decor and size of the ships are identical....

There was a rumour that each one was going to be slightly larger than the last so they could all be called "The largest cruise ship in the world" at launch... but I never measured them.

The artwork is different in each. Freedom is best in my opinion

The name of the english pub and the nightclub is different on each.

The colour of the Morgan in Royal Prominade is different.

Independence has Tea and Coffee making facilities in the staterooms as it was going to spend more time in europe

So my advice would be choose the dates, itinerary, and port of departure before the ship as they are all great

No, I am not wrong - you are.

Taken from RCCL's website...

Freedom:

Passenger Capacity: 3,634 double occupancy

Gross Tonnage: 160,000

Length: 1,112'

Max Beam: 184'

Draft: 28'

Cruising Speed: 21.6 knots

Independence:

Passenger Capacity: 3,634 double occupancy

Gross Tonnage: 160,000