Inaugurals and Netbooks?

I'll be going on the Oasis on the 27th. I know internet access has been free in the past on these, but I've only used their computers. I now have a netbook, and am wondering if there willl also be free usage from my cabin. Does anyone know? I don't want to take it with me on the trip if there isn't. Thanks.

We were on the Indy Nov 2008, the last newbuild before Oasis and we had ship-wide Wi-Fi. So I don't see why not. Also, on the older ships you could carry a laptop to any of a half dozen places where there were hot spots and not be dependent on finding a free computer.

So I say bring the little one. We are planning on taking my new netbook on our TA in less then 2 weeks.

I'll be going on the Oasis on the 27th. I know internet access has been free in the past on these, but I've only used their computers. I now have a netbook, and am wondering if there willl also be free usage from my cabin. Does anyone know? I don't want to take it with me on the trip if there isn't. Thanks.

I was on the Equinox Naming cruise recently and we were able to access the internet WIFI free of charge using our laptop. Also we were able to do the same on the Indy Naming cruise. The ships computers can be really busy on these pre-inaugurals so if you are able to take your netbook etc then it is a good idea. You do need though to go to ships computers still to register and then you are good to go :D

I was on the Equinox Naming cruise recently and we were able to access the internet WIFI free of charge using our laptop. Also we were able to do the same on the Indy Naming cruise. The ships computers can be really busy on these pre-inaugurals so if you are able to take your netbook etc then it is a good idea. You do need though to go to ships computers still to register and then you are good to go :D

Liz is right, you need access ships computers only once, set up your ID and then you are good to go with your own machine. The more people using the ship's Wi-Fi, the slower the connection, whether you are using your own machine or the ship's computers. So a night owl like myself will wait until after 1 AM.

I am still waiting for my invitation to the Oasis 2 day freebie, we will be just off the Nav TA with Liz. I can hope. ;)

Archived