Back to Back Cruises and Alcohol Delivery to Cabin

We are taking back to back cruises and would like to purchase some duty free alcohol between cruises. Will this alcohol be delivered to our cruise cabin between cruises so that we can consume the alcohol on the 2nd cruise. Has anyone had such an experience?

Kim

On the three B2B's we did (Mariner, Brilliance & Liberty), our liquor/wine was delivered to our cabin the last night of the first cruise, so we did have it for the second half. The most recent B2B was in February this year.

On my B2B's the liquor was not delivered until the last night of the Second week.

That was the Mariner also. We received notices in our cabin on the first week and they stuck to it.

That was the strictest ship I had sailed with Captain Johnny as Master.

Nothing got on that ship. :D

We are taking back to back cruises and would like to purchase some duty free alcohol between cruises. Will this alcohol be delivered to our cruise cabin between cruises so that we can consume the alcohol on the 2nd cruise. Has anyone had such an experience?

Kim

Hey good one - Were B2B in just over 3 weeks and I think I may try this. All they can do is not deliver it to you at the end of the 1st cruise so nothing lost really but all to gain hopefully!!!

One quick question - If you do get a bottle (or 2) by the ways that have been posted on here. Do you have to hide it from your cabin attendant in your room incase they tell their superiors or can you just pop it into the fridge? What would happen if you were reported!

One quick question - If you do get a bottle (or 2) by the ways that have been posted on here. Do you have to hide it from your cabin attendant in your room incase they tell their superiors or can you just pop it into the fridge? What would happen if you were reported!

On the Voyager in February we brought a 6 pack of BUD and a bottle of wine on and asked the cabin steward to empty the fridge/cooler. She did without a blink of an eye.

Friends told her that they were having friends over for a few drinks, could she leave extra glasses. The cabin steward offered to get us wine glasses, but she told her the regular ones were fine. The cabin steward didn't turn us in to anyone. ;)

You don't have to hide anything from them. They're working for you & that tip you leave.

I HIGHLY doubt your steward would report you unless you were being unruly. They don't want to risk losing their tips!!!

I had a bottle of whiskey sitting out for my entire cruise on Celebrity (I know different line, but same parent co.) and no one said a thing. My steward even kept the rocks glasses stocked and I always had ice.

Cheers everyone. I really think that the op must have lateral thinking and I congratulate him/her for that cos I would never have thought of this. We considered the rum runner thing but ruled it out as tooooo much hassel. Oh how we like a nice Barcadi & Coke or G&T sitting on the balcony before evening meals and a nice wine with our meal.

It seems really funny as we were on P&O Arcadia 2006 and they let you freely take bottles of spirit onboard for your room use and a supply of glasses is in the cabinet (I think the american's call it a wet bar) for wine and shorts etc. and they done a package where we ordered a dozen coke's and tonics and the cabin attendant put them into the fridge and guess what we still spent £1,700 onboard for 2 weeks on bar bills and a couple of the speciality restaurants so I figure they made their money out of us and we were happy cruisers.

Most people like to have a pre dinner drink but use the bars and restaurants for the evening so why do all these cruise lines impose this no bottles in rooms stuff.

Sorry rant over!!

On a back to back earlier this year we had alcohol delivered to our cabin after the first cruise but we were changing cabins, if we had been in the same cabin they would have known and not delivered it until the 2nd cruise was over!

It also depends if the CC people booking their B2B cruises have the cruises linked together as a B2B cruise. Some people do not link them so that RCCL does not have that information in their system. I always link my cruises as B2B bookings. We can't get our liquor.

Our Sea Pass card tells it to the shop owner and he keeps the liquor we purchase and tags it. :rolleyes: Cabin number and name.

I have done enough cruises to know it will happen to many of you. ;)

It also depends if the CC people booking their B2B cruises have the cruises linked together as a B2B cruise. Some people do not link them so that RCCL does not have that information in their system. I always link my cruises as B2B bookings. We can't get our liquor.

Our Sea Pass card tells it to the shop owner and he keeps the liquor we purchase and tags it. :rolleyes: Cabin number and name.

Alexis

We have our B2B linked but what if you buy it off ship the day before you debark. Will they take it off you when you return from the day out and put it in the bond as your first week sea pass card from what I have been told by RCL UK does not carry on for the 2nd week. You have to go to the desk to get a new one.

just off the Freedom B2B. purchased a bottle of Jaeger in St Martten. had to suurender it at the gangplank, but it was delivered to our room at the end of the first leg. also purchased 2 bottles in the gift shop the last night of the first leg and they let me carry it back to my room. we stayed in the same cabin both legs and our cruises were linked together. same experience on the Mariner last year when she was in Port Canaveral. never drank any of the ill gotten booze though, it just sat on the counter all week. :o probably wish they had kept it for me.

Kim

Maybe yes, maybe no.

You will already have seen, from the different responses above, that there are variables, depending on the linking (or not) of reservations and the policy of a particular ship.

In May, we did a 24 days on a repo cruise - 2 x 12-day back to back cruises. On the last day of the first leg, we asked in the on-board shop about getting the liquor we had purchased during the previous week and we were told that we would not be receiving our purchases until the last day of the second cruise. The shop had a list of the cabin numbers of all who were doing a b2b.

We did as someone else here has suggested - asked someone who was disembarking at the end of the first cruise to purchase a bottle on our behalf, and paid them in cash. As they had been our dinner table companions for 12 days and we had got along well, they were happy to help.

On a back to back earlier this year we had alcohol delivered to our cabin after the first cruise but we were changing cabins, if we had been in the same cabin they would have known and not delivered it until the 2nd cruise was over!

This what happen to us too. Link reservation but different cabins. GF bought last night for surprise for her DH a bottle of something and we walked it to the cabin. It sat out all the next cruise, noone said a word.

You can't order liquor, online or over the phone just wine and sodas, to be in you cabin when you get on but from what the customer service person at RCCL said you can go to the purser's desk and order a bottle when you get on the ship to be delivered to the cabin. It is considerably more expensive than buying a bottle from the duty free shop though. On Norwegian you can order it on the phone and the bottle will be delivered the first night of the next morning. I bought a bottle of Bacardi Rum and think it was about $50 but still much cheaper than by the drink. I took some Cokes in my luggage and mixed my own drinks to my "taste". Made sure the cabin attendant was taken care of on the first day so we had ice all the time. We took a small colapsible ice chest, the kind that has the silver lining but the outside is cloth or canvas and he kept it full all the time.

Correction: Once again in the wonderful customer service world of "no one really knows the answer". I again just called RCI and got a different answer. You can not have full bottles in your room and they don't sell them at the purser's desk. So guess I will wait till tomorrow and go for best 2 out of 3 answers. :)

On the Voyager in February we brought a 6 pack of BUD and a bottle of wine on and asked the cabin steward to empty the fridge/cooler. She did without a blink of an eye.

Friends told her that they were having friends over for a few drinks, could she leave extra glasses. The cabin steward offered to get us wine glasses, but she told her the regular ones were fine. The cabin steward didn't turn us in to anyone. ;)

You don't have to hide anything from them. They're working for you & that tip you leave.

how did you open your wine bottle? Were you able to carry a corkscrew on the ship?

You can't order liquor, online or over the phone just wine and sodas, to be in you cabin when you get on but from what the customer service person at RCCL said you can go to the purser's desk and order a bottle when you get on the ship to be delivered to the cabin. It is considerably more expensive than buying a bottle from the duty free shop though. On Norwegian you can order it on the phone and the bottle will be delivered the first night of the next morning. I bought a bottle of Bacardi Rum and think it was about $50 but still much cheaper than by the drink. I took some Cokes in my luggage and mixed my own drinks to my "taste". Made sure the cabin attendant was taken care of on the first day so we had ice all the time. We took a small colapsible ice chest, the kind that has the silver lining but the outside is cloth or canvas and he kept it full all the time.

Correction: Once again in the wonderful customer service world of "no one really knows the answer". I again just called RCI and got a different answer. You can not have full bottles in your room and they don't sell them at the purser's desk. So guess I will wait till tomorrow and go for best 2 out of 3 answers. :)

True no such thing as buying liquor from the pursers desk. But we have had bottles in our room on the Brilliance in March and the Mariner in September of this year and no one touched them or said a thing about them. They just made sure we had ice everyday.

Archived