Are most still dressing up to dinner or wearing approved laid back clothing?

Illinoisgal

I Love Swan Songs . . . :D (the most entertaining part of any blog or forum)

I'll never buy another Chevy truck

I'm never cruising Carnival again

I'm leaving Cruise Critic for good

I'm done with this thread

Why is it that the champions of relaxed dress are always the ones to get PO'd and leave the thread? [and come back, and leave, and come back]:p:D

Hi Cruisers! No matter how long it has been since I visit there is always one of 'these' threads! I love it! My 2 cents.....as long as the people at my table are neat, clean, polite and don't stink I don't care what they are wearing. Once we had a couple dressed to the nines....he swore and passed gas and belched at the table. She blew her nose AT THE TABLE. They tried to talk down to everyone at the table. Needless to say NONE of us sat at that table the next night. Another time, we have a wonderful couple celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and the first vacation they ever took after rearing 6 children...all of whom are college grads. They renewed their vows on the cruise and we were all there to witness this happy event. He had on baggy unpressed pants and shirt. His hand were rough and well worn. She had on a plain simple little nothing dress. Both wore NEW gold wedding bands, their first. They were delightful and kept the entire table entertained with their stories. Another time we had a family with 3 children and the Dad, who had a brain tumor ..a young man... had trouble talking and eating but was a delight to be around...his courage and determination to enjoy life was inspiring. I attended a Celebration of his Life 3 years later. He had to eat with a bib around him, his hand shook and he got more food on him, the table and the area around his seat, than in his mouth. His children were so proud of him. IMO if your cruise enjoyment is based on how someone else dresses, instead of who they are...inside..what is missing in your life? JMO....y'all have fun now...ya hear!:D

I think You said it all.... I love the different groups of people you've sat with . Wow...

Hi Cruisers! No matter how long it has been since I visit there is always one of 'these' threads! I love it! My 2 cents.....as long as the people at my table are neat, clean, polite and don't stink I don't care what they are wearing. Once we had a couple dressed to the nines....he swore and passed gas and belched at the table. She blew her nose AT THE TABLE. They tried to talk down to everyone at the table. Needless to say NONE of us sat at that table the next night. Another time, we have a wonderful couple celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and the first vacation they ever took after rearing 6 children...all of whom are college grads. They renewed their vows on the cruise and we were all there to witness this happy event. He had on baggy unpressed pants and shirt. His hand were rough and well worn. She had on a plain simple little nothing dress. Both wore NEW gold wedding bands, their first. They were delightful and kept the entire table entertained with their stories. Another time we had a family with 3 children and the Dad, who had a brain tumor ..a young man... had trouble talking and eating but was a delight to be around...his courage and determination to enjoy life was inspiring. I attended a Celebration of his Life 3 years later. He had to eat with a bib around him, his hand shook and he got more food on him, the table and the area around his seat, than in his mouth. His children were so proud of him. IMO if your cruise enjoyment is based on how someone else dresses, instead of who they are...inside..what is missing in your life? JMO....y'all have fun now...ya hear!:D

I think You said it all.... I love the different groups of people you've sat with . Wow...

We feel we have been had some of the most interesting table mates......mostly GREAT with a few stinkers...but the stinkers didn't ruin my cruise.:p

Archived