Coka-mania or Pearl-mania? Semi-solo, Stressed, Suite and in STYLE 10/17/09 Sailing!

coka

Jeff,

Did you know that if coka hadn't been on this cruise, she would have probably been on ours? Maybe next time I'll keep my trap shut and she won't change just to escape!

It's all my fault ;)

I saw that, too bad, maybe it would of been us two that got to witness the water slide story!:D

Funny thing is, I sailed with tjbarney last year to Alaska on the Pearl, so I can just picture her laughing!!

Butter and potatoes? I am SO there Sparks!

All of you are going to have a great time on the Pearl Thanksgiving week and all of you are going to have a great time on the Dawn next year! Both are fantastic ships with excellent crew. Be sure to do a moondance on an outdoor deck, on the promenade, or on your balconies.

BikerAl, who knew? Yes, that does count for something. The camp is just up the street.

TJbarney is a beautiful gal with a wonderful spirit. If I had a daughter, I would want her to be just like TJ!

coka

I think I should clarify (at the risk of high-jacking your wonderful review but at least it moves it back to the top of the page:rolleyes:). "Butterflied" refers to the way it's prepared, not that we use butter to prepare it. We put a potato on a drill and push it against a blade giving us a thin, spiral cut. Then we drop it into a deep fat fryer and fry it until it's golden brown. Nacho cheese and beef gravy are available either separately or together and of course there's the traditional salt, ketchup and vinegar. Gads, now I've gone and made myself hungry.

208755032_5d8a3d4361.jpg

Coca,

After reading your review, I just can't wait to get on the ship!

Also, the upgrade fairy called yesterday!! We ended up in the Deluxe Owner's suite!!! Floor 15, top of the world, private hot tub, can it get any better?? I don't think so.........

Just 7 days to go.........

Sam

TJbarney is a beautiful gal with a wonderful spirit. If I had a daughter, I would want her to be just like TJ!

coka

Awwww, now your making me blush! Thanks coka, that's too sweet of you! :o :)

Hey Jeff! How have you and the family been doing?

Hey Jeff! How have you and the family been doing?

We are all doing good, even better considering we are about to sail!:) It was nice to see your name in this review, brought back memories of our wild ride on the zodiac in Victoria!

It looks like we just missed sailing on the Pearl with each other again!:(

Coca,

After reading your review, I just can't wait to get on the ship!

Also, the upgrade fairy called yesterday!! We ended up in the Deluxe Owner's suite!!! Floor 15, top of the world, private hot tub, can it get any better?? I don't think so.........

Just 7 days to go.........

Sam

Wowsa! That is fantastic. Top of the world, closer to the stars and moonlight! Be sure to have a dance out there.

coka

The first time from a BA to AC; 2nd, 3rd & 4th from a AC to AA; this time from a AE to A1. Each time the price was different, but basically less than 50% of the going rate for each room, minus what we had already paid for the first room.

We are all doing good, even better considering we are about to sail!:) It was nice to see your name in this review, brought back memories of our wild ride on the zodiac in Victoria!

It looks like we just missed sailing on the Pearl with each other again!:(

LOL, that was a wild ride for sure! That would have been so much fun if we happed to sail on the same ship same time again.

Have a great time on the Pearl! I know you will, she looks the same as she did last year and the crew was even better this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Coka,

I gave pause to your review once again! However, having said that, WOW!

We just finished 7 days on this fantastic ship. Everything you talked about in your review was straight on!

Just one addition, we had a visit from the upgrade fairy! IF EVER GET A CHANCE TO STAY IN SUITE 15000, SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY! IT IS TRULY AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD!

It got to the point that Sherri, and our traveling companions, where standing on our balcony giving the "WAVE" to the minions below. Of course, I was the humble servant to her majesty............

Sam, your humble submissive

Welcome back Sam! I am happy the Pearl was perfect for you and DW! I was looking at the crescent moon (or was that croissant moon?) and Venus the other night and wondered how your trip went. Some other cruisecritics are sailing her this week and they are in suites too. It is nice to read other trip reports now that we are home for a while!

coka

• 2 years later...
This is Julie Valeriote on the Jade last year. I have cruised with her when she was an ACD and in fact her first cruise as a CD.

2112910340059187889S425x425Q85.jpg

We were fortunate enough to enjoy Julie Valeriote on our Alaskan cruise earlier this year on the Pearl. She's lovely!

Why has she been brought up?

Is she going to be on the TA - NOLA - Copenhagen cruise ?????

WAIT... how did I end up in this thread??? ! ! ! !

Sorry folks I'm not sure how I posted here... must have taken a wrong turn somewhere!

Carry on !!!

where are you we need you back biker al was she on the 10 10 10 repo i was at the cv cocktail party and have seen your pictures but dont remember meeting her maybe it was barbs cosmos she is a wounderful cc writer

WAIT... how did I end up in this thread??? ! ! ! !

Sorry folks I'm not sure how I posted here... must have taken a wrong turn somewhere!

Carry on !!!

I have no idea how you ended up here either, but OH MY...what a sap I must have been back then! I had fun reading my own review as I have forgotten much. I am reading this at work (I guess I still think I am important if I am here at this hour...where is Lu to tell me to go home)!

Even so, What a treat for me to take a walk down Memory Lane...I cracked myself up...And What a difference three years makes! LOL... The black satin pants with all cool pockets have since ripped up the rear when I sat down one time...the thing that frightened me most back then is now a non issue...I have not seen Virginia in two years and four months...I certainly do not look like Lady Di anymore...and justice has been served. I may not be perfect anymore but I am sure the Pearl still is!

Edited to add: and every time I see the geese fly south or north, I am consistently reminded of the amazing adventure of my time spent on balcony 9500!

Thanks SeaTacMike for making the mistake! :D:D:D

coka

Archived