Honeymoon Cruise!? 0:-)

Davis2010

My fiance & I are taking our Honeymoon cruise with Royal Caribbean in 6 months!!! May 2, 2010!! We ordered the "Just Married" decor, but have not found any pictures of what it looks like! Also, are there any special activities or things as newlyweds we should sign up for?? This will be our first cruise by ourselves, all others were with our family! Any advice please feel free!

Thanks!

Keep an eye out in your Cruise Compass for the Love and Marriage Game. Its like the Newlywed Game, but they have three couples. A couple that has been married the shortest amount of time, then one couple married like 10 yrs and a couple that has been married the longest 50+ yrs. Its fun !!

First of all, Congratulations and welcome to Cruise Critic. What ship are you going to be on? Like someone else said, watch for the Love and Marriage game. And you might be interested in the Quest although it's not for honeymooners....just a fun game. And check out some of the "couples" offerings in the spa.

You can go onto the RCCL web site look under the section for gifts & gear......stateroom decorations...just married... there are pictures.....your cabin will have a sign on the door and inside there will be ceiling decorations....this should already be inplace when you board if you have already taken care of it...what....:eek:...no cake add another couple of $$ if you want....Goodluck and happy honeymoon....;)

Congratulations and have a great time - My DW and I honeymooned on RCI's Nordic Prince in 1990 as our first cruise too. It was awesome and made us addicted to cruising. I would recommend a table for 2 in the dining room unless you want to mingle.

Congratulations!! What a wonderful Honeymoon to choose. Whatever activities you choose (or not) you should have a delicious time.

Personally, I would not be concerned with the on-board stuff and just hang out with each other and let the mood of the moment decide.

Enjoy!

First of all, Congratulations and welcome to Cruise Critic. What ship are you going to be on? Like someone else said, watch for the Love and Marriage game. And you might be interested in the Quest although it's not for honeymooners....just a fun game. And check out some of the "couples" offerings in the spa.

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas!! I've read & heard great reviews about this ship! Of all the cruises I have been on I have never participated in the Spa, just because I would rather spend the excessive costs of spa stuff on shopping or on excursions. But maybe our honeymoon will be a time to splurge!

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas!! I've read & heard great reviews about this ship! Of all the cruises I have been on I have never participated in the Spa, just because I would rather spend the excessive costs of spa stuff on shopping or on excursions. But maybe our honeymoon will be a time to splurge!

We were on the Freedom last week (Eastern) and saw quite a few honeymooners. We had a deck 7 promenade cabin and it was fine as we don't spend that much time there. Congratulations and have lots of fun!!!!

We did a cruise for our honeymoon four years ago and it was awesome! We had a wonderful time and it completely hooked us on cruising.

When we were on ours there was a gathering of honeymooners in one of the bars one evening. We didn't go only because we forgot about it.

If you are not wanting to dine with others you may want to sign up for my time dining so you can request a table for two.

Happy Planning :)

We did a cruise for our honeymoon four years ago and it was awesome! We had a wonderful time and it completely hooked us on cruising.

When we were on ours there was a gathering of honeymooners in one of the bars one evening. We didn't go only because we forgot about it.

If you are not wanting to dine with others you may want to sign up for my time dining so you can request a table for two.

Happy Planning :)

We're so glad to hear that cruising is a great choice for our honeymoon! Especially being that everyone we know has went to a cabin in the mountains for their honeymoon. And trust me there were a lot of weddings in the past year at our church, 8 weddings to be exact!! We were kind of nervous about going off by ourselves, because every other time was with a group of family, me with my mom in a cabin and him with my brother in a cabin. So I guess it will be interesting!

No we do not! Trust me if we could afford it we would! But it was a big price difference! Maybe the Upgrade Fairy will come our way!!!! Who knows!

Davis, let me start with congratulations. We did our first cruise last year for our 25th. We splurged and did the balcony. I think it ran us $999 per person.

After much putting off, in September we decided to book the very same cruise, we leave in 16 days.

We decided to go with a outside rooms as they were only running $709, so we booked and picked our room on deck three. Well, after about four weeks, we watched for price drops on the balconies. The D1 balcony rooms never came down, however the guarantee balconies did. They dropped to $749, so for $40 more per person we took the gamble and did the guarantee. We now have a balcony room on deck nine in the very middle, near the elevators. That very room, if we would have picked it ran $1059 pp.

So make sure you are watching the guarantee and depending on availablity on the ship, don't be afraid to try it.

My fiance & I are taking our Honeymoon cruise with Royal Caribbean in 6 months!!! May 2, 2010!! We ordered the "Just Married" decor, but have not found any pictures of what it looks like! Also, are there any special activities or things as newlyweds we should sign up for?? This will be our first cruise by ourselves, all others were with our family! Any advice please feel free!

Thanks!

Try to do the love and marriage game show! If you don't feel like being in it, at least go and watch. It's hysterical. :p

Davis, let me start with congratulations. We did our first cruise last year for our 25th. We splurged and did the balcony. I think it ran us $999 per person.

After much putting off, in September we decided to book the very same cruise, we leave in 16 days.

We decided to go with a outside rooms as they were only running $709, so we booked and picked our room on deck three. Well, after about four weeks, we watched for price drops on the balconies. The D1 balcony rooms never came down, however the guarantee balconies did. They dropped to $749, so for $40 more per person we took the gamble and did the guarantee. We now have a balcony room on deck nine in the very middle, near the elevators. That very room, if we would have picked it ran $1059 pp.

So make sure you are watching the guarantee and depending on availablity on the ship, don't be afraid to try it.

What is a guarantee room?? I don't think I've seen or heard of them. Where should I look to keep an eye on them?

Thanks!

Congratulations, and one thing I haven't seen pointed out yet...

One of the first nights of the cruise (watch for it in your Cruise Compass if you're interested) they'll have a special newlyweds party in one of the nightclubs with champagne and cake provided for newlyweds.

At least, they did that when we were honeymooning on the Adventure of the Seas back in '07. Incidentally, we had a great time with it.

What is a guarantee room?? I don't think I've seen or heard of them. Where should I look to keep an eye on them?

Basically, it's a kind of room booking you can do. For example, one option is 'balcony guarantee'. If you book that, you're guaranteed to get a balcony room (or better) and it typically costs less than any other balcony booking option, but you don't get to pick which balcony you get, whereas normally when you book you can pick the room.

Mostly, it's a way to save money if you don't really care which room you get.

Maybe someone with more experience can help also. I am not sure when/if guarantee rooms always show up. This is only our second cruise.

Best advice is to just set up a RCI link with your sailing date and a mock reservation, save it in your favorites and everyday click the link and check the current rate. Watch at the bottom of the column of each room category to see if a lower rate comes up for a guarantee room.

Then you have to decide if you want to gamble with location vs. getting a balcony "anywhere"

Make sure you study your ships layout, that way you will know where all the possiblities are for the balcony rooms.

Basically, it's a kind of room booking you can do. For example, one option is 'balcony guarantee'. If you book that, you're guaranteed to get a balcony room (or better) and it typically costs less than any other balcony booking option, but you don't get to pick which balcony you get, whereas normally when you book you can pick the room.

Mostly, it's a way to save money if you don't really care which room you get.

What if we have already booked?? Should we cancel our reservation & wait for a guarantee room option to come available? Or would we be able to upgrade to it? I think my mom has done the guarantee booking before, because we booked but she said we wouldn't know our rooms until we got there to board. && we wound up getting an ocean view for us & my brother & fiance got a balcony, although I think we only paid for a regular stateroom. So should we cancel & wait or just wait & see?

no no no

do not canel, you will lose whatever price you have locked in and the price could go up. Just keep what you have and keep checking prices and keep checking the rates and see if a guarantee balcony comes up.

Are you at a particular place on the ship that you wouldn't want to change?? Does it matter to you where you are??

Also, I couldn't tell what state you are from, make sure when you are checking prices that you always enter your state, as some sailing give residency discounts. (of course there isn't one for Ohio on our sailing)

Also, there are websites out there that show the availibilty on each sailing. When it get closer make sure you are watching how many rooms and where they are that are availible.

Do you have a balcony cabin?:rolleyes:

No we do not! Trust me if we could afford it we would! But it was a big price difference! Maybe the Upgrade Fairy will come our way!!!! Who knows!

Too bad. That means you can't join the exclusive "Balcony Club" :cool:

Archived