Chairs at pool

molly82400

What time do you suggest getting to the pool to get a chair? Do they fill up pretty early?

Usually sleep in a lttle bit, and they are usually all taken.

It all depends when you are sailing and what ship. Last week on my cruise there were chairs by both pools all day long.

One of the advantages of being an early riser. It seems it doesn't matter to my internal clock what time I go to bed, I am up by 6:00 am. This allows me time to fetch coffee for my DW and I (we always have thermos mugs with us). Then, on our way to breakfast we go to the aft pool area and slip a 2 t-shirt over a couple of chair backs to stake our claim.

However, my experience is that there is still lots of choice even at 10:30ish...:)

If you don't need to be right next to the pool there are chairs scattered around the different decks. If you do need to be right by the pool, I suggest you watch a "claim stakers" spot for say an hour, if they don't come back and claim their seats, feel free to put their things in Lost and found and take the chairs. No body is so special they should feel they can take chairs in spirit if they aren't there in body.

Have an awesome time!!!

Carole

It all depends when you are sailing and what ship. Last week on my cruise there were chairs by both pools all day long.
That was our experience as well. Also, we hung out at the far aft pool, where smoking is allowed and kids are not, so that might have had something to do with it.

The further away from the pool you go, the more chairs and more SPACE you'll find. Near the pool, the lounges are so close together, you have to crawl onto them...there's rarely room between them to even stand.

If you go up a deck or two, you'll still get sun, can still run down to take a dip, and will be able to re-arrange the loungers to suit you and your party!

ChairHogs abound. Even people you would think would be courteous do it too...

chair%20hog.JPG

:mad::mad:

They are up by 4:30 am staking what they think is there own.

If you do see unattended chairs tell an attendant and have the goods placed in LOST then FOUND...

chair%20hog.JPG

If you do see unattended chairs tell an attendant and have the goods placed in LOST then FOUND...

By the shadows that picture was taken around noon. Maybe Host Randy was taking a lunch or restroom run.;)

One of the advantages of being an early riser. It seems it doesn't matter to my internal clock what time I go to bed, I am up by 6:00 am. This allows me time to fetch coffee for my DW and I (we always have thermos mugs with us). Then, on our way to breakfast we go to the aft pool area and slip a 2 t-shirt over a couple of chair backs to stake our claim.

However, my experience is that there is still lots of choice even at 10:30ish...:)

A true Chair Hog! :D

So while you are having breakfast, no one is in your chair but it is yours? Hmmmm.....

chair%20hog.JPG

So creepy.

Smoking is not allowed anywhere at aft pool - just like elsewhere only one side of the ship is smoking and the other is not - not sure where it says smoking is allowed anywhere on the aft pool deck???
On the Pride you can smoke on the starboard side of the aft Lido deck. There is also an adults-only pool and hot tub back there. And a bar. So it tends to be fairly kid-free.

I didn't mean that you could smoke in the pool. :rolleyes:

chair%20hog.JPG

Wow, I bet the host wishes his name not on that towel now!

Wow, I bet the host wishes his name not on that towel now!
Directly behind the host's chair is an entire stack of available chairs, so I hardly think there was anyone standing b/c Host Randy was out of his for the moment this shot was taken. :rolleyes:

So while you are having breakfast, no one is in your chair but it is yours? Hmmmm.....

I have zero problem with a family claiming a set of chairs and then going to the buffet to grab a plate of breakfast. If you "reserve" a chair and leave it unoccupied for 20 minutes, I really can't get excited about it. Reserving for four hours without occupying it is a different thing. But really, should you expect to remove all your things from the chair when you get up to, say, use the restroom?

This picture is just an example of yellow journalism. Published out of context. It does not even look like it is at the pool level, its on an upper deck. Plenty of chairs for the poster to use if they really wanted to. But it is cute and pokes good, clean fun at one of our fine host.:cool:

So creepy.

Yes, if by creepy you mean that there was a stalker around... it's hilarious how that pic has floated around here and people have tried to make it look like something it wasn't... it's quite obvious to anyone that has eyes that it was not in an area where chairs were in high demand and I can tell you after 8 cruises with Randy, he's never up early enough to hog a chair :p

Archived