Different take on the 10/10 Maasdam repo

hybrn8

Hi all - Just posted our review for the trip and came over here to advise that if anyone has questions, to just ask. I was interested to read aliaschief's review - it sounds like two different cruises were taken. That is the great thing about the HAL ships - really can have different strokes for different folks and cruisers' interests which are 180 degrees apart can be and apparently were met. I doubt we did anything they did and vice versa but we had a great time as did our family members who were travelling with us.

Again, ask and I'll try to answer.

Hi -- thanks for the review. How was your rental car experience in Bar Harbor? I was worried about renting a car there with immigration that morning, tendering at this port, and the rental cars being based at the airport.

Hi all - Just posted our review for the trip and came over here to advise that if anyone has questions, to just ask. I was interested to read aliaschief's review - it sounds like two different cruises were taken. That is the great thing about the HAL ships - really can have different strokes for different folks and cruisers' interests which are 180 degrees apart can be and apparently were met. I doubt we did anything they did and vice versa but we had a great time as did our family members who were travelling with us.

Again, ask and I'll try to answer.

Where is your review posted ?

Family member went to get car - took a cab to airport - then came back to get the rest of us. Cab driver had good insider knowledge so it was worth the fare! Later heard that Hertz had a shuttle there earlier. Might want to call before you leave.

That charade was fairly quick and painless albeit pointless as we still had to go thru checkpoint on shore when we got off in Ft. Lauderdale. I think we were done by 9am....non-US citizens were much more quickly 'processed' - it was little more than show our passports and get a slip which we gave to someone before we got on tender. Slip didn't have any ID info and not sure what happened to it if you didn't get off ship!

Archived