Weather in Galveston in February

We are cruising out of Galveston on the Ecstasy in February. What is the weather usually like in February? Will I need to bring a jacket? Since I'm from Colorado, I will need to bring a coat for my return trip, but I usually leave that in my car at the airport in Denver. How should I dress for Galveston in February?

As an almost 63:eek: year resident of Houston, here's my take on February weather....It will always be a little warmer in Galveston than in Houston - but only 5 degrees or so. During February it could be as warm as 80 - it could be as cold as 30 (and colder in Houston). The "average" in Galveston will probably be upper 60s during the day and around 50 at night. For sure - have fleece - and long pants. And que sera, sera!!

Usually Jan and Feb are our coldest months. They can be rainy too. But it is Texas so you never know what your gonna get. I have worn shorts on Christmas Day before! We have sailed out of here 2x in March and it has been very chilly. You definitely need to bring a good jacket.

Usually Jan and Feb are our coldest months. They can be rainy too. But it is Texas so you never know what your gonna get. I have worn shorts on Christmas Day before! We have sailed out of here 2x in March and it has been very chilly. You definitely need to bring a good jacket.

Indeed you never know what you're going to get down here in Southeast Texas! In 2005 we had 8 inches of snow (very, very, very rare!!!). Everytime we've sailed out of Galveston in winter, we needed light jacket!

Regardless of weather in Galveston in February, our experiance is that the firs night and half of the first day at sea tend to be cooler. You may want a good windbreaker or light jacket. the reverse is true on the way back in, the last night gets pretty chilly

Archived