Upper Berths????

scrappin' crazy cruiser

Has anyone stayed in a cabin that has upper berths?

I have recently posted about the misinformation that I received from AZ regarding the location of the laundry room. I booked back in January... cabins 7071 and 7068.... and I now know that they are on an adjoining wall with the laundry room. So, I am now looking at cabins 7052 and 7069. They have upper berths. We do not need them. Are they an eye sore in the room? Do they stick out from the wall or ceiling? Any help is appreciated;).

Here is another thought deck 6 obstructed oceanview are now the same price as the category 10 insides that I currently have. Which would you choose? I know that the obstructed oceanviews are much smaller. What to do???? This would not be so hard for me if I weren't making reservations for my inlaws too.

Shari

The upper berths are in the ceiling & unless you are going to use them you will not see them.

They put them down in the evening ...if you have 3 or 4 in the cabin

I would stick with the insides...you are losing a sofa & space just for a small amount of light.

Your inlaws may appreciate the extra moving around room with the inside cabin

I too would stick with the inside cabins for the extra space. In either cabin (inside or obstructed OV), you'll be heading elsewhere on the ship to enjoy the views, so go for the increased cabin size which you'll appreciate during the time that you spend in the cabin.:)

Scrappin' crazy cruiser,

We booked 7068 on the Journey for Aug.17. Nowhere on deck plans online does it show laundry room so we had no idea it might back up to it. Where do you find a diagram that indicates the laundry rooms? I have no brochure from Azamara, just the online information.

Alice

Thanks for the information about those inside cabins. I will try not to think about it too much; perhaps they lock the rooms after a certain hour? Anyone know whether a room next to the laundry room might be a noise problem?

Alice

Archived