Airfare: BOS to Miami

bellamadre

Hi all,

First time booking alone (went with my parents now I'm a parent and am cluless) booked the cruise now looking to book airfare from Boston to Miami for April 18, 2010 (sunday- flying in day before). Right now the rates are $280 pp. Should I wait or is this what I should expect for this time of year? Not familiar with FL peak at all. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

First time booking alone (went with my parents now I'm a parent and am cluless) booked the cruise now looking to book airfare from Boston to Miami for April 18, 2010 (sunday- flying in day before). Right now the rates are $280 pp. Should I wait or is this what I should expect for this time of year? Not familiar with FL peak at all. :rolleyes:

If this is the week o April vacation, that is a good rate, I would book it now. It will get much higher closer to the time. If it is not school vacation you can look around more.

If this is the week o April vacation, that is a good rate, I would book it now. It will get much higher closer to the time. If it is not school vacation you can look around more.

It is April school vacation for us.:rolleyes:

Right now it seems that AA is the only reasonable flight for those days. There aren't any cheaper options. I may just go ahead and book. Thanks!

Sounds like a decent fare, to me...it's still MONTHS until your cruise, tho....

If you book a non-refundable fare, stop checking prices after you book....it will just make you crazy!

(Oh, and be prepared for AA to change or cancel that flight---they are FAMOUS for doing stuff like that! That could be a great way to find something cheaper later, should they re-arrange your schedule. If they change your flights by 90 mins. or more, you can cancel without penalty!)

+1.

I've always made booking flights kind of a game and have shot myself in my foot more than once. I have learned that an airline normally allows a few deeply discounted seats and when they are gone, the fares rise and then closer to the departure date, either really go up or done depending on load factor.

$280 doesn't sound bad and I would book it and there is more of a chance of increases than a decrease of a few bucks.

Sounds like a decent fare, to me...it's still MONTHS until your cruise, tho....

If you book a non-refundable fare, stop checking prices after you book....it will just make you crazy!

(Oh, and be prepared for AA to change or cancel that flight---they are FAMOUS for doing stuff like that! That could be a great way to find something cheaper later, should they re-arrange your schedule. If they change your flights by 90 mins. or more, you can cancel without penalty!)

Thanks for the heads up with AA...didn't know that.;)

Archived