Alcohol pickup end of cruise

AZDENNY

I just returned from Radiance of the Seas 10/24-10/29 and was mildly surprised that you can no longer get any alcohol you purchased on shore or on the ship until the morning of departure instead of on the last night of cruise. This makes it difficult if you need to pack it inside suitcase for flight home since you need to place luggage out the evening before departure. Saw quite a few people getting luggage in pickup area and having to open them in order to pack the purchased alcohol into suitcases.

Several people asked on board the ship why this policy had been changed and nobody from RCCL onboard seemed to have any idea as to why other than they just started it recently and was for all RCCL ships.

Does anyone know the reason for this change? Just curious.

They gave you a sheet when you came back on ship stating that debarkation morning was when you pick it up now. Desk personal said it was just instituted about 1 to 2 weeks ago and was for all future cruises. But they were not sure why it had changed.

It has been posted on here that some ships have been doing that morning of departure thing for a while.

I would think that is really hard on people who are doing Luggage Valet to pack up their Liquor?

Does anyone know what happens yet?

I've only had this happen to me so far on spring-break cruises where I'm guessing they were afraid of essentially having a duty-free drinking day with the college kids ... and yes, it was a pain to pack in luggage on debarkation morning (not to mention being one more thing to remember and do).

We always stay a night or two after the cruise before flying home so we can live with this I guess. For those who are going directly to an airport this will be a real pain:mad:

Their alcohol policies are getting beyond ridiculous. Next I suppose, everyone will have to take a breathalizer each time they board or return from a port:rolleyes: Or maybe they should require certification of membership in AA in order to book and board a cruise:rolleyes:

Will this be something we will be able to find out ahead of time?

We are doing the Malibu Rum factory in Barbados, and was going to buy a few bottles. But we do the luggage valet at the end of the cruise and don't want to have to repack our luggage while in the luggage claim area.

I had read of this happening here on the boards a while back...but in Oct. on our Enchantment cruise we got our liquior the afternoon before departure.. guess it varies from port to port..I am flying home from Miami in April so I will just make sure not to buy any booze that trip...:(

What does "the last day of the sailing" mean? The day before disembarking, or the day of disembarking?

Onboard Policies

Q: Can I bring liquor (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

from: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

What does "the last day of the sailing" mean? The day before disembarking, or the day of disembarking?

Onboard Policies

Q: Can I bring liquor (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

from: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

It can mean two things now?

We have always received the held liquor until the last night of the cruise. That was good as we got a chance to pack it in the luggage before it went out in the hallway for pickup.

I am afraid that the way it is now worded, it gives them the choice and opportunity to hold it until the morning of departure.

Which I have read on here, for a couple of months, that some ships were doing already. :(

That makes it very difficult to get Liquor home on a plane. We will have to open and repack luggage in the RCCL terminals. And what about those of us who use the Luggage Valet Services?

They did this on Navigator last week too, but we were able to buy duty free from the shop on the last night and take it with us there and then.

Julie

hi there.....how r u.....its anita from manchester....explorer seems ages ago ...!!!!!!:) we have re arranged our cruise and got a great deal....got a 7night cruise western c......5th dec 2010....great price as we had alreday paid 200 dep and then there was another 100£ off p.p......!!! amazing !!!

im on facebook are u ????

bye for now

anita lowe........

Archived