Oasis elevators?

39august

I was looking at Oasis deck plans yesterday and it appears this ship only has the usual two banks of elevators, just as the Voyager and Freedom class. Yikes! Does anyone know if there are actually more elevators at each bank, or are these going to be like the other ships? I can't imagine having so few elevators for so many pax.

If I remember correctly, there are 4 elevators on each side aft and 3 on each side forward on Voyager & Freedom class, correct? I believe there are more on Oasis, possibly 6 on each side aft and 4 on each side forward. If you're like me, I get my work out in and take the stairs!

Anyone know where we can see some pictures of the rooms?

Even the RCCL site has none. ( Aqua suites ):eek:

I'm sure you will get plenty pictures when the pre inaugural trips start on Nov. 19, 20 & 21. Mostly TA's and frequent travelers on these short-day trips who will want pitures for showing others.....like CC.:)

It's not so much the number of elevators, the the CAPACITY of each! Hopefully, these elevators will be bigger than a phonebooth! With the size of the elevators on today's ships, put a stroller or a scooter in there, and that's all that fits!

Yes, stairs are fine, but going up 10 flights (in heels) isn't fun!

I was looking at Oasis deck plans yesterday and it appears this ship only has the usual two banks of elevators, just as the Voyager and Freedom class. Yikes! Does anyone know if there are actually more elevators at each bank, or are these going to be like the other ships? I can't imagine having so few elevators for so many pax.

There are 24 passenger elevators on Oasis. Freedom has 16.

There are 24 passenger elevators on Oasis. Freedom has 16.

We just got off the Freedom. The sign posted stated that these elevators could hold 24 pax. We all just looked at each and thought no way!:confused:

We used the elevators as much as possible, but when wearing heels, stairs are a killer.

The elevators on the Freedom class are the same as the elevators on the Voyager class. More pax + no more elevators = problems . . . at least from my three cruises on Freedom. I hope the Oasis planners used realistic estimates of pax elevator use.

And the staff on the Freedom said the Windjammer doesn't have any more seats on Oasis then they do on the Freedom class ships:eek:.....I find that hard to believe, but maybe with so many more choices for eating it won't be an issue. They did say they will have 2 floors open in the main dinning room for b'fast.

I know people just about fight over tables at certain times in the Windjammer now, so maybe that boxing rink will come in handy afterall!:D

And the staff on the Freedom said the Windjammer doesn't have any more seats on Oasis then they do on the Freedom class ships:eek:.....I find that hard to believe, but maybe with so many more choices for eating it won't be an issue. They did say they will have 2 floors open in the main dinning room for b'fast.

I know people just about fight over tables at certain times in the Windjammer now, so maybe that boxing rink will come in handy afterall!:D

I don't believe the Windjammer has the same number of seats. The foot print that it covers is a lot bigger so it has to have more seats or a lot of waisted space.

I have found over the years that most of what the crew tells a person is not true. I was told by the Maitre 'd on the Freedom last year that the main dining room was going to be five decks. No way is the WJ the same size on the Oasis. That would be suicide.

Archived