Ziggy & Stanford's girl Live from the Ruby Princess Nov 4-14, 2009!!

Ziggy7

Hi Everyone,

<snipped>

P.S. The Captain is reading this thread; he was amazed at all your questions and cleared up a few rumors about Captains but you will need to read my review for more details. His wife will be joining him on the 11/14 cruise so he warned that some of the ports order may be changed due to her wanting to shop in different ports hehehehe (he was just kidding) LOL. Janice & I were very impressed with how he took the time to meet with our roll call and chat with us! Now if only we were invited to the Bridge and allowed to commandeer the Ruby Princess we would have a perfect cruise! LOL (we are not holding our breath on this one LOL)

Debbie thanks so much for providing this LIVE FROM feed. Its looks like you're having a fabulous time - thanks for the pictures! I have really enjoyed reading all of the posts; the questions are relevant and your updates are well written and humorous. I tried to stay up late enough to catch your next post last night and I didn't quite make it, but this was the first stop this morning on my daily cruise around the inter-web. (may sound like a suck-up, but its the truth!)

My DH is planning to write a LIVE FROM feed on the Nov 14 sailing of the Ruby and will be following your model of starting 2 days prior to allow the questions to collect.

I'm particularly happy to see that the Captain is following the thread because I have an invite for the Captain, Officers & Staff to our M&G outstanding with Ruby's Onboard Services Coordinator - I'm hoping it will make its way to him. Respecting process and chain of command I am reluctant to contact the Captain directly, but if he reads this in an open forum no harm done. We have a lively crowd of 96 in our roll call that would love the opportunity to meet him.

Looking forward to the remainder of your updates!

Edited by TOgal65
correct spelling error

Met with the CD James tonight and for those who wanted to know, he will leaving the ship after this cruise, and return to the ship on Jan 25th. I forgot to ask him who will be replacing him but will try and find out. He is also providing some gifts for us for our events on the ship!

]

Thanks so much for posting. I am one of the people who are LOVING following your cruise.

A question about James Ibrahim. You say he is returning Jan.25. That is in the middle of our cruise on the Ruby. We sail her from

Jan. 19 - 29. I hope he's really returning the 19th because we sailed with him last year on the Grand and he's a really personable nice person! He'll remember our group if you tell him we're NOT traveling with Brian, Lawrence and the coconuts.

Have fun and again, thanks for posting!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am enjoying your posts so much. It is just building the excitement for our cruise on the 24th. The brave couple who are spearheading our M&G (do you hear me Janette and Doug?) and all the others who are keeping track of all the CC activities will really appreciate all the information about how Princess is helping make them even more fun. I can hardly wait until we board the ship!

My DH is planning to write a LIVE FROM feed on the Nov 14 sailing of the Ruby and will be following your model of starting 2 days prior to allow the questions to collect.

Oh awesome!!!! You guys are right before us....so I'll be following that closely!!! Think we'll try it too, if we can. :p

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am enjoying your posts so much. It is just building the excitement for our cruise on the 24th. The brave couple who are spearheading our M&G (do you hear me Janette and Doug?) and all the others who are keeping track of all the CC activities will really appreciate all the information about how Princess is helping make them even more fun. I can hardly wait until we board the ship!

Yes Judy, I hear you! We're following this wonderful thread too!

Janette

A question about James Ibrahim. You say he is returning Jan.25. That is in the middle of our cruise on the Ruby. We sail her from

Jan. 19 - 29. I hope he's really returning the 19th because we sailed with him last year on the Grand and he's a really personable nice person!

Just a guess, but I bet he's returning for the January 19th cruise. Next January will be the 4th time we've done that same B2B combo (First and second January 10 night cruises), and all three times to date we've have a CD change between the first and second cruises. We were told that no one is allowed to leave the ship from the middle of December to the middle of January, because the holiday sailings are so crazy, and they need the continuity. There has always been a huge crew and staff turnover between those two January cruises.

Yes Judy, I hear you! We're following this wonderful thread too!

Janette

I know, and aren't they providing some wonderful information? I hope they still have the free 10 min. massage in the Sanctuary at the sailaway parties. I'd like to "try before I buy" since I have never treated myself to a real massage. (You should have seen Jim's expression when I said that they had free massages in the Sanctuary. I had to explain to him what the Sanctuary is on Princess ships.) :eek::eek::eek:

I just thought of a question for you and future Ruby cruisers. When we did that itinerary on the Emerald last year, we saw crew members using free wi-fi in Grenada's port terminal building. Can you just take note if you see any of the crew with their laptops in any terminal buildings? We've learned that the crew is the best resource for internet questions in port. Thanks! (We want to use wi-fi on land to send photos from our iPhones to family members).

Oh awesome!!!! You guys are right before us....so I'll be following that closely!!! Think we'll try it too, if we can. :p

I am also unable to get a counter installed. I understand you need to be using Internet Explorer as your browser. I use Safari and Firefox and they do not work.

Edited by ojaidenny

Just thought of a question--- You said that Suites, Platinum, and Elite get a special time to go to the Skywalkers for cocktails. I have also read that the alcohol is not free but for purchase at a discounted fee. How much do the drinks cost and when is this open to the before-mentioned groups? Is this each night of the cruise?

Thanks so much for giving us a feeling of being on the cruise before actually boarding the Ruby..:)

Wow, you guys look great in the formal pic! Papa and Gma Patti look so funny but looks like it was a lot of fun. Everything is still good here. Uncle Larry even came by to visit. We all miss you lots and cant wait for you guys to get home!

Love you,

Karen aka #2

I have heard that the pre-dinner drinks at SkyWalkers are $5:00.

Thanks to you guys for this LIVE thread!!!

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! And, I hate to barge in on such a great cruise.... But, I am hoping that when somebody gets a chance (even when you get home) to get some general information on topics that are being asked on recent threads here on CC.

1. Cabin temperatures - how to adjust thermostat...

2. How hard/easy is to hang a shower curtain on those clips, if one so desires. And, how many clips are there????

Wow, you guys look great in the formal pic! Papa and Gma Patti look so funny but looks like it was a lot of fun. Everything is still good here. Uncle Larry even came by to visit. We all miss you lots and cant wait for you guys to get home!

Love you,

Karen aka #2

Hope the hurricane doesn't bother you guys - smooth sailing!

Just thought of a question--- You said that Suites, Platinum, and Elite get a special time to go to the Skywalkers for cocktails. I have also read that the alcohol is not free but for purchase at a discounted fee. How much do the drinks cost and when is this open to the before-mentioned groups? Is this each night of the cruise?

Thanks so much for giving us a feeling of being on the cruise before actually boarding the Ruby..:)

I can help. Just off the Ruby Oct 25th. Skywalker's is open 5pm-7pm for suite,platinum and elite. The 5$ drink is one cocktail selected each evening. Examples are Margarita, Cosmo or Southern Comfort Rob Roy. You can order anything at the regular price.

Hi - can anyone on the Ruby right now say Hi to Chris (singer/guitarist with Junction 21) from his mum and dad. We know he's worrying right now because his dad has just been diagnosed with the big 'C'. He wanted to come straight home, but nothing he can do here at the moment, and we told him 'the show must go on'. Is due home on 15 December anyway, so we're all looking forward to that. Sorry to intrude on this thread. I'm personally enjoying all the posts too, so keep them coming. And to all of you already on the Ruby, have a FANTASTIC time.

Thanks. :)

Hi - can anyone on the Ruby right now say Hi to Chris (singer/guitarist with Junction 21) from his mum and dad. We know he's worrying right now because his dad has just been diagnosed with the big 'C'. He wanted to come straight home, but nothing he can do here at the moment, and we told him 'the show must go on'. Is due home on 15 December anyway, so we're all looking forward to that. Sorry to intrude on this thread. I'm personally enjoying all the posts too, so keep them coming. And to all of you already on the Ruby, have a FANTASTIC time.

Thanks. :)

I'm not on that sailing, but just want to wish you guys the best...I truly hope your husband will be ok soon. Sounds like you guys are a very close and loving family....hope all goes well for you all. We'll be on the Ruby in two weeks time (Nov. 24 sailing) so if you want to send him any other messages then, feel free to follow our thread and we will be happy to relay any messages.

Kathy