why arent there more excursions in princess cays?

PA8880

Leaving for the caribbean in 5 days - to Cozumel, Princess Cays, Grand Cayman and Honduras. Wondering why more excursions weren't offered? I feel like the excursions offered by Princess were extremely limited. No Jetskis, parasailing, nothing? It seems like it was just beaches and tours :-/

Leaving for the caribbean in 5 days - to Cozumel, Princess Cays, Grand Cayman and Honduras. Wondering why more excursions weren't offered? I feel like the excursions offered by Princess were extremely limited. No Jetskis, parasailing, nothing? It seems like it was just beaches and tours :-/

Yep, just the beach, snorkeling, or a tour of Eluthra. Don't know why, just know it is what it is.

Princess Cays is on the southern tip of Eleuthera...have you ever been to Eleuthera? We have, twice. Entertainment there is pretty much of your own making. The island is over 100 miles long, with basically one narrow, twisty road from one end to the other. We've never made it to the far southern tip...the roads are really bad and there are no facilities, no population. People go to Eleuthera for quiet and unspoiled beaches, and to bonefish; rarely have we even encountered another person on whatever beach we're on. Anyone providing activities would be providing them just for Princess passengers...not sure it would be economically feasible, due to the initial outlay of expenses.

All Princess Cay is meant to be is a beach day and water activities. There are no tours to any sights that I know of. I've been there enough that I don't even want to get off the ship when we go in March.

Jetskis, parasailing, etc are considered too dangerous to be offered at any port including Princess Cays. Think lawsuits.

Both RCI & NCL offer all of these activities at Coco Cay & GSC through their port agent (contractor) that operates their island facilities.

Jetskis, parasailing, etc are considered too dangerous to be offered at any port including Princess Cays. Think lawsuits.

I assume you are referring to Princess Excursions because waverunners and parasailing are offered privately not through Princess on many of the beaches on many different islands. I usually rent the waverunners when we dock in St Maarten. They are also available on Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas.

Archived