Specific questions for recent Westerdammers

elycelynne

For those who have just returned from the Southern Caribbean portion, could you please answer the following:

1. Which nights were formal nights?

2. When was the Master Chef's Dinner (a/k/a "When might I be making my Pinnacle Grill reservation")?

3. Was there karaoke, and was it a contest, or just for fun? Were there any other shows where the passengers could be involved?

4. How was the entertainer in the piano bar?

Although I'm sure I'll think of more, that's it for now. Thanks!

Are the formal nites only on sea days :confused:
No, sometimes they're on early-departure port days ... like maybe 4:00p or earlier departures.

We have 10-day coming up with 3 formal nights and just 3 sea days, the last of which is the day before disembarkation, and never a formal night.

Do they do Master Chef Dinner on Westerdam? I just read that Zuiderdam did one recently and hoped it was an aberration. I thought the Vista ships weren't doing it.

Rats! If that's the case, then that will make my decision of when to book the Pinnacle much more difficult!

We just returned from the Westerdam and the Southern Caribbean and had a great time on a beautiful and well maintained ship......the formal nights were on Tuesday and Friday......the piano bar has a female entertainer and she is pretty good, always a big crowd and she does a lot of request and has a sheet of all her songs on there for you to look at and request from......there was one night that they had karaoke in the disco and don't remember which night....as far as the Master Chef's Dinner, don't know about that........but we did have the best days we have ever had on a cruise and HMC is great and Aruba and Curacao are now our favorite ports.......have to give it to HAL for the best Halloween party we have ever had on a cruise, we didn't think with all the older crowd that we would have much of a party, but we were way wrong.......look at the webshots link in my sig and you can see photos from this cruise.

Steve is absolutely correct about this itinerary. We love the Westerdam and 3 years in a row on her-she can't be beat. You also are judging the Master's Chef Dinner incorrectly because Andreas has changed things up and if you miss it and go to the Pinnacle you will be sadly disappointed when you hear about it later.

We just returned from the Westerdam and the Southern Caribbean and had a great time on a beautiful and well maintained ship......the formal nights were on Tuesday and Friday......the piano bar has a female entertainer and she is pretty good, always a big crowd and she does a lot of request and has a sheet of all her songs on there for you to look at and request from......there was one night that they had karaoke in the disco and don't remember which night....as far as the Master Chef's Dinner, don't know about that........but we did have the best days we have ever had on a cruise and HMC is great and Aruba and Curacao are now our favorite ports.......have to give it to HAL for the best Halloween party we have ever had on a cruise, we didn't think with all the older crowd that we would have much of a party, but we were way wrong.......look at the webshots link in my sig and you can see photos from this cruise.

Loved looking at your pictures! We're doing this cruise in March and really looking forward to it.

Did you take a tour on either island? We've been to both, but on Aruba just went to a beach for the day (Eagle Beach) and on Curacao just went into town. I have some HAL Visa points to use on this cruise and thought I'd book tours just to do something different.

Loved looking at your pictures! We're doing this cruise in March and really looking forward to it.

Did you take a tour on either island? We've been to both, but on Aruba just went to a beach for the day (Eagle Beach) and on Curacao just went into town. I have some HAL Visa points to use on this cruise and thought I'd book tours just to do something different.

Thanks......we just went to Eagle Beach in Aruba and in Curacao we did the National Park Yellow Jeep tour, that is an independent tour of about 7 hours and we got to see much of the north side and west side of the island.....we loved that tour, it can get dusty because of the dirt roads and a little bumpy........hope you have as great of a cruise as we did.

Rats! If that's the case, then that will make my decision of when to book the Pinnacle much more difficult!

I usually book Pinnacle for both formal nights which I plan to do this cruise plus at least one other night. I love its intimacy and of course, the food!

Tracy

Thanks......we just went to Eagle Beach in Aruba and in Curacao we did the National Park Yellow Jeep tour, that is an independent tour of about 7 hours and we got to see much of the north side and west side of the island.....we loved that tour, it can get dusty because of the dirt roads and a little bumpy........hope you have as great of a cruise as we did.

Thanks so much!! Eagle Beach is so gorgeous. I'll look into that tour! Sounds like fun:)

Steve is absolutely correct about this itinerary. We love the Westerdam and 3 years in a row on her-she can't be beat. You also are judging the Master's Chef Dinner incorrectly because Andreas has changed things up and if you miss it and go to the Pinnacle you will be sadly disappointed when you hear about it later.

So does that mean there actually was a Master Chef's Dinner? Is it no longer "mushroom overload"? What did they serve, and which night did it take place?

Thanks for the answers and your great pictures!

I am not set up to scan the menu in but I will list all of the selections and you can decide for yourself about the Pinnacle.

Act 1: Chef's Amuse Surprise Mushroom and duck mousse w/ asparagus en bouche.

Act 2: Master Chef Rudi's Salad

Appetizers: Dialogue of Salmon Tartare w/ Avocado or Golden Baked Brie in Phyllo Dough(which Melinda and I love).

Soups: Lobster Bisque(which was our wonderful choice) or Oxtail en Croute.

Entrees: Tagliatelle w/ Roasted Chicken or Duck Breast a l'Orange(which was great) or Whole Roasted Tenderloin of Beef or Grilled Lamb Chops w/ Oregano and Apple Chutney or Sauteed Shrimp Provencal or Apricot Glazed Salmon or Wild Mushroom Strudel(which Melinda loved).

Act 3: Baked Alaska or alternative selection

We just returned from the Westerdam and the Southern Caribbean and had a great time on a beautiful and well maintained ship.............look at the webshots link in my sig and you can see photos from this cruise.

Great photos! I recognize Half Moon Cay but which beaches did you go to at Curacao & Aruba? We'll be going on that cruise in a little over a week and want to find nice beaches.....

Great photos! I recognize Half Moon Cay but which beaches did you go to at Curacao & Aruba? We'll be going on that cruise in a little over a week and want to find nice beaches.....

In Aruba we went to Eagle Beach.....a bus ride cost $2.40 round trip and I think it was bus L10......in Curacao the photo you saw with the best beach was Playa Kenapa.....don't know how to get there if that is the only place you want to go......we did a 7 hr. Yellow Jeep tour and that took us by there, but not long enough for any good beach time.

Archived