"I wish I knew before..."

T&Dcruisers

Think I saw it, from the big W as we call it?

I can't see why it would be removed as there are dozens of links in the cruise fashion type threads with links to here, there and everywhere for all the bargains we find.

Yeah, that's it. I didn't mean to cause any trouble. Just thought someone else could benefit from the information

Take a water bottle, cups are small.

Will they fill up your water bottle with, say, iced tea or lemonade or whatever? Or do they just keep giving you cupfulls and ya just dump them into the bottle? Sounds strange, no? But just wonderin'. Thanks, in advance.

Will they fill up your water bottle with, say, iced tea or lemonade or whatever? Or do they just keep giving you cupfulls and ya just dump them into the bottle? Sounds strange, no? But just wonderin'. Thanks, in advance.

It is self service so you do it yourself. Just don't put the bottle against the drinks machine, use a glass to fill it up as noone wants someones elses germs sort of thing.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

It is self service so you do it yourself. Just don't put the bottle against the drinks machine, use a glass to fill it up as noone wants someones elses germs sort of thing.

When I cruised last year on the MSC Musica (loved it!) they had signs on the drinks machines asking people not to do that.

sorry to be random but do you mean the bubbly champagne or juice when you are boarding isnt free? i saw a documentary on ncl pearl and saw they were giving it out

i remember the last time i was on the ncl pearl it was free. i hope it still is. it was a little perk that made getting on board even better. i hope we find out.

Edited by dustyroad

Great resource here. I'm about half way through this thread. Please forgive me if this has been addressed.

First time wanna cruisers. We're geezers with some health and emotional issues. We love dining in a restaurant. On a cruise we'd like to dine with each other. Being with each other is why we want to do a cruise. We really don't want to have dinner with strangers. Sorry if this sounds bad. It seems that the included dining options are with others.

Are our perceptions correct? If so, are there alternatives (other than additional charges)?

Thanks for this forum and thread.

It seems that the included dining options are with others.

You can request a table for two in the main dining room -- whether or not one is available for you probably depends on what ship you're sailing and when you're dining. Many ships also have a casual dining option (usually a casual buffet) for many, if not most, meals......again, you could choose a table for two if one is available.

A lot will depend on what cruise line and ship you're on, and the times you want to eat.

Do you mean that you want to be out at a table for two

Yes and I see in the next post that they are available. I got the impression in the first 25 pages that big tables were the norm. Several posts about changing tables if you don't like the dining partners etc. Thanks!

Great thread guys, pretty much covered everything. Quite helpful for first time cruisers. I'd just like to add in that one must bring dial locks to keep your belongings safe plus keep photocopies of all important identification documents with you:)

Yes and I see in the next post that they are available. I got the impression in the first 25 pages that big tables were the norm. Several posts about changing tables if you don't like the dining partners etc. Thanks!

Yes, there are usually several options including tables for 2, for 4, 6-8 and 9-12 or something similar depending on the cruise line and ship.

Yes indeed you can request a table for 2...however, IMHO you miss out on a great part of the cruising experience if you don't dine with others, at least some of the time. And if you just can't stand your dining companions, yes, you can request to be changed.

I have a question for westalan80...what do you mean about bring a dial lock to keep your stuff safe? We always use the in-cabin safe. What am I missing here?

Hope you all have a great week!!!!

I'd just like to add in that one must bring dial locks to keep your belongings safe

That sounds like just something else to carry to me. I'm assuming you mean the kind that have a combination and you usually see on high school gym lockers.

I don't see why that is a "must" though. The only reason I can think of having one is if you have more stuff that can fit in the safe and want to lock something in your suitcase in your cabin. But even then the TSA ones would be fine I would think.

keep photocopies of all important identification documents with you

I also recommend leaving a second set of copies with someone at home.

sorry to be random but do you mean the bubbly champagne or juice when you are boarding isnt free? i saw a documentary on ncl pearl and saw they were giving it out

If they hand you a glass of champagne, or orange juice, when you first board then that is free. However, if you go to one of the upper decks, and they ask if you would like to order a drink, then that is not free. Note that this is true even if they are walking around with drinks on a tray (usually the special drink of the day).

If there is any question, feel free to ask if there is a charge for the drink.

Greetings, just joined this sight. And boy am I glad I found you all!! Hubby and I are taking our first cruise on NCL Jewel - Dec 2,2012 to Bahamas and Florida. We feeling a lot LESS overwhelmed just reading what is posted here. Thank you so much to all the contributors. We still have sooo many questions, but let me go back to reading more...perhaps answers will be there.

I hope this cruise is a good one, so I can be a pro like many of you. Definitely will go on more if this turns out to be the wonderful experience so many of you have had!!

ah ok thanks for clarifying!

If they hand you a glass of champagne, or orange juice, when you first board then that is free. However, if you go to one of the upper decks, and they ask if you would like to order a drink, then that is not free. Note that this is true even if they are walking around with drinks on a tray (usually the special drink of the day).

If there is any question, feel free to ask if there is a charge for the drink.

Just finished reading this entire thread!!! Got a nice checklist put together based on suggestions here. Looking forward to a great cruise in a few months.

Off topic: where do you all get your countdown tickers from? They're nice.:)

Just finished reading this entire thread!!! Got a nice checklist put together based on suggestions here. Looking forward to a great cruise in a few months.

Off topic: where do you all get your countdown tickers from? They're nice.:)

Look at each item you put on your list and think about how you personally travel. One person's necessity is another person's junk.

Count Down Clocks