Okay, I'm back, and it's time to think about the next one, so can I get some advice?

We sailed at the end of April, and I think that we'd like to book our next cruise for the same time of year, 2005. Now, for the last one, I booked in January. This time around, it won't be just the two of us, but six, so we're looking at adjoining inside cabins. My question is: Will I get a better deal booking now, or should I again wait until January? My travel agent seems to think we'll do better waiting, but I'd like to know what you think, those who have experience at this. Thanks!

I think if you book now you will get a better choice of cabins. And even if the cabin prices go down, you can always get the lower price. I usually check the rates once or twice a month and if the rates have gone down just call you TA for an adjustment.

vine.gif

UNTIL I SET SAIL ON THE JEWEL OF THE SEAS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

2hulagirls.gif

I am surprised your travel agent told you to wait! Ours told us that she thinks prices will continue to go up and if prices do go down then she can always give us the adjustment. We are already booked for 2005 and 2006! If you have 6 people and need adjoining cabins, I'd book sooner rather than later to get exactly what you want.

My only concern would be getting adjoining cabins in an area you will be happy with. ie: not under the pool. icon_smile.gif Also, if you want rooms that have a door between them and not just next to each other, there are a limited number of these available.

Plus if the price drops, I believe that you can get refunded the difference anyways.

Hope this helps

<pre>

\\\\|////

\\ - - //

( @ @ )

oOOo-(_)-oOOo

M00k3y </pre>

IMO it is risky to wait with a group of 6, especially with adjoining cabins.

And, there is absolutely no guarantee you will save any money.

Find a good price and book now. If there is a reduction, you will be taken care of.

RCI(37),NCL(12),Princess(1),HAL(2),Celebrity(3), Carnival(2), Eastern (13),Radisson(2), Star Clippers(1),Home Lines(2), Costa(5),Big Red Boat (6), Dolphin (1), Commodore (2), Others (11)

I say book NOW!!! Get the cabin of your choice...and if worse comes to worse and the price goes down...the TA should honor the price reduction anyway. Kind of strange that they said to wait!!! Let us know how you make out.

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

I've went home every evening and 'casually' passed along everyone's advice. So, last night he caved in and told me to book it. Now, a few more issues to iron out. We will have six traveling (we 5 + 1 friend for my oldest daughter). But the one friend that I know she wants to bring can't commit for some time, and I do have to have all names at the time I make the reservation? Plus, if the cruise is for the end of April, I don't have to pay the deposit until the end of January, 90 days prior, or am I not understanding the procedure? It wasn't an issue this last time, so the question didn't arise. AND, thanks to all who have written.

You can always add someone to the reservation later. I am assuming that the person you are unsure of will be staying with your daughter and the other friend-making it a triple-so I would just make sure that the cabin you book has the space for a third person when you make your selections.

Also, I agree that you should book as early as possible and just keep checking the prices and then ask you TA to make the adjustment. I just booked with RCL a couple of months ago and the price has gone done $100.00 per cabin and I just called and they adjusted the price-no problem.

Sandi

It is not alway possible to add a person later. If the ship is booked at capacity they will not add more passengers.

Also,if you add a person later this does not necessarily mean they will pay the same rste you are quoted now. If the rate goes up,they will pay the higher rate.

Talk to your TAbout how best to accomplish what you need. And by the way- book now,adjoining cabins can go very fast.

By all means book as early as possible. We booked 3 rooms 8 months out. We could not get all adjoining. Then the price went up almost $300. So we got a balcony & left the kids(older) in interior rooms.

Sovereign 598

Sovereign 599

Sovereign 500

Voyager 1100

Explorer 501

Radiance 1101

Majesty 302

Adventure 402

Enchantment 1102

Monarch 103

Legend 403

Navigator 1103