I can now be more specific...Miami

thrltr

Pre c ruise on Wed. March 3rd. DW only request is that we make it to the beach that day. Flying into FLL at 9 am. Should we stay on south beach or downtown. I would rather have a room downtown and take a cab over to the beach so how much would that cost. Thanks for your help.

Pre c ruise on Wed. March 3rd. DW only request is that we make it to the beach that day. Flying into FLL at 9 am. Should we stay on south beach or downtown. I would rather have a room downtown and take a cab over to the beach so how much would that cost. Thanks for your help.

Get yourself an oceanfront hotel and your DW will be all set to enjoy the beach first thing in the morning.

I have only been to Miami once (last Jan) and we stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown or Port of Miami. The hotel was okay but the good thing was that it is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace. Now, I know some that live in Miami do not like it but we enjoyed it. They have quite a few shops and a bunch of kiosks and many places to eat. We ate at Bubba Gumps and we loved it as we had never been before. It was busy but not overly crowded and the food was good. We also ate at Chili's and the latin american restaurant has a good breakfast menu (we just had a typical american breakfast for about $6.00). On the weekends they have music to listen which is quite nice. Oh, and the nice thing is you can request a room with a view of the port to spot your ship in the morning.

This year I was given information on how to get a room at the Intercontinental which is way more upscale than the HI-POM and less than a 5 min. walk to Bayside but also has views of the port. We are not supposed to mention websites so if you email me I will send you that information as well as how to get the best price.

We also stayed one night post cruise in South beach and we really weren't impressed with it at all but I think that it was more that the hotel was not so good and our location wasn't either. We are going to give SB another try this year for a visit but are probably going to stay a couple of nights in Coral Gables or Coconut Grove which was recommended by a couple of people who seem to know Miami pretty well.

Stay in South Beach. Downtown is quite deserted at night and you'll spend $100 in cabs getting to South Beach and back.

Stay in the S. Beach area. You can walk to everything. Look into Doubletree Surfcomber. A great location and one of the more $ reasonable hotels.

South Beach when you weigh in the money you will spend on cabs getting back and forth from downtown staying in South Beach makes more sense.

Archived