A747 on Crown--extended balcony??

barbaraanne

We have cabin A747 on the Crown, and it looks from the book that it is an extended balcony at the very aft part of the starboard side, facing out, not rear.

From some of the old posts I've searched I'm not sure if it is a regular straight balcony or a odd shaped balcony tilted to the front??

Anyone know what the deal is with A747 on Crown? On Princess's website the deck plan looks to be a regular balcony, but in the book it is extended. I called Princess and the agent told me he believed it was an extended balcony.

We had an assigned gauranteed balcony very front port side A202--this is definite improvement by my travel agent on my request, if it indeed has an extended balcony.

Thanks for an insights or photos.

No replies, help!

No one has ever seen that balcony or room?

I could still change it!

no help??

Is it just a regular balcony, that would be okay. I just don't want one of those tilted balconies with the darkened rooms.

Thanks!

barb

We had A747 this fall on the CB. IMHO I think it's a great cabin with the bumped out balcony. Great view from the balcony forward toward the bridge, protection from the rain and enough space for 4 on the balcony. It is definelty larger than the standard balcony's Added pluses are its a lower prices cabin (AD) and its the last cabin at the end of the hallway, only two suites at the aft on that side of the hallway, very quiet.

The balcony is very private when you sit away from the railing, however

when you stand at the railing you are looking down into other cabins below and into the adjoining 2 Aloha deck cabins. I've attached the pics I have.

The room is darker that the normal rooms because of the layout...I personally didn't mind it, but it doesn't get as much sun as standard balcony's at least on the southern Caribbean cruise we took...It depends on which routes and which ports your visiting. I like it because of the extra space...

IMG_0484.jpg.c61a4390f7a1764e928d4fd8f5235488.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg.8a146d5d763e56fcb2df634e192f310f.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg.42fda1b5c8d4067146a03751d113377f.jpg

Edited by JerseyGuys

We had A747 this fall on the CB. IMHO I think it's a great cabin with the bumped out balcony. Great view from the balcony forward toward the bridge, protection from the rain and enough space for 4 on the balcony. It is definelty larger than the standard balcony's Added pluses are its a lower prices cabin (AD) and its the last cabin at the end of the hallway, only two suites at the aft on that side of the hallway, very quiet.

The balcony is very private when you sit away from the railing, however

when you stand at the railing you are looking down into other cabins below and into the adjoining 2 Aloha deck cabins. I've attached the pics I have.

The room is darker that the normal rooms because of the layout...I personally didn't mind it, but it doesn't get as much sun as standard balcony's at least on the southern Caribbean cruise we took...It depends on which routes and which ports your visiting. I like it because of the extra space...

Well, I guess I'll see when I get there, because no one has posted about this balcony on the Crown, just the CB. I am just curious as to why it shows a regular extended balcony in the Princess book.

If anyone has been in this room A747 on Crown, I'd love to hear from you!

A746 on the Crown Princess - extended balcony. I have no doubt that the only difference to A747 is the side of the ship they are on!

4091761852_4be8a5f957.jpg

AH, yes, I see you have answered my question with a good close picture of the Crown, no less!!!

I guess you guys were both right, it sticks out at an angle, but it is extended, nonetheless.

I hope I don't mind the darker cabin. I am a little worried about that. Was it windier than usual, sticking out like that?

Well, as usual, CC can find an answer to any question!

Thanks guys, I appreciate your work and kindness in responding to me queries!

barb

i had the exact cabin on crown two years ago. i would definitelly request it again. the bump out balcony is great; we had friends staying in an inside room and the balcony was large enough to easily accomodate the four of us. plus, the cabin is located at the end of the hall which proved to be very quiet.

i had the exact cabin on crown two years ago. i would definitelly request it again. the bump out balcony is great; we had friends staying in an inside room and the balcony was large enough to easily accomodate the four of us. plus, the cabin is located at the end of the hall which proved to be very quiet.

thank you so much!!!

you've all been a great help!

• 1 year later...

We had A747 on the Crown just last month and absolutely loved it!!!! We didn't really think it made the cabin any darker tho. Loved the view along the side of the ship as we would sit out there. There is so much more room on the balcony & there are no cabins above or below you. Actually, we enjoyed it so much we booked it for our 10 day on the Emerald next October!!;)

Edited by Sanibel*Gal

• 1 year later...
We had A747 on the Crown just last month and absolutely loved it!!!! We didn't really think it made the cabin any darker tho. Loved the view along the side of the ship as we would sit out there. There is so much more room on the balcony & there are no cabins above or below you. Actually, we enjoyed it so much we booked it for our 10 day on the Emerald next October!!;)

Does anybody know what is above and below -- if not cabins?

Looks like hallways to the aft cabins on Riviera and Baja. Interesting thread. I never noticed those cabins before.

I know! This just now came available again and am tempted to just change my location. I love a bigger balcony -- just worried if there was noise from a public deck above -- but doesn't seem as though there would be a lot of foot traffic. If I recall, I am thinking it is under a staircase -- so probably not a lot of people walking around or tables being resituated above. I think I will go for it. What have I got to lose?

I know! This just now came available again and am tempted to just change my location. I love a bigger balcony -- just worried if there was noise from a public deck above -- but doesn't seem as though there would be a lot of foot traffic. If I recall, I am thinking it is under a staircase -- so probably not a lot of people walking around or tables being resituated above. I think I will go for it. What have I got to lose?

On the Crown, the Riviera deck is above Aloha, so there's no public deck above. Riviera has a public deck above. I had an aft OV cabin on Riviera on the Crown and I didn't have any noise from above with that. Only noise was from the door to the Terrace pool banging. A747 looks very quiet.

Altho we are Caribe folks, this cabin looks very interesting.

Is the Crown the only ship that has this type of cabin or do her sisters follow suit.:)

Emerald and Ruby also have this type of cabin on Riveria as well. We have had R747 on Ruby twice, and have two upcoming cruises booked in that same cabin. We love the extended balcony, as well as the fact that the aft pool is just a few steps outside our door!:)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, We just got our assignment for our guarantee balconyon the Crown and it is A746.

So can someone confirm it is just like A747 shown in these pictures? I wonder if there are more pictures available, such as a straight out shot of the balcony?

Just finding this info has been great.

Thanks to all the CC posters.

Edited by happy cruzer

• 10 months later...

We're in A747 on the Crown starting Feb 15th this year for 49 days. We sure hope it's great since it is such a long cruise! thanks for your info!

Barbara

• 7 years later...
4 hours ago, SKNG Cruisers said:

Can you tell me if you ever had any noise issues in this location? It appears to have an crew access door nearby as well?  We are considering the room for a 28 day cruise..

Thank you..

Steve

We had this cabin for a 33 days South America cruise in 2017. It was very quiet. We loved the big balcony but because of the angle of the balcony the cabin is a bit darker than normal. But we would book it again to have the extra space on the balcony.