Bea Muller honored and recognized

ColumbiaSC

I am delighted to report that Bea Muller was honored and recognized in grand fashion at the World Club reception on the Queen Mary 2 on the voyage from New York to Halifax and back to New York from October 29-November 5, 2009. She was on board for this short voyage with her son. She looks happy and healthy and is recovering quite well from her hip operation, but she does use a walker as needed. We had a number of chats and she was cordial, friendly, and told me I looked magnificent! She was given a gift by the Captain at the World Club reception and recognized as being the longest-sailing Cunard passenger of all time --- a grand total of some 11 years and a several months. She is to sail over the Christmas holidays on the Saga Ruby, sailing from England. I thought a lot of people would like to know this good news about a record-holding Cunarder.

Lord Kay of Shandon.

I am delighted to report that Bea Muller was honored and recognized in grand fashion at the World Club reception on the Queen Mary 2 on the voyage from New York to Halifax and back to New York from October 29-November 5, 2009. She was on board for this short voyage with her son. She looks happy and healthy and is recovering quite well from her hip operation, but she does use a walker as needed. We had a number of chats and she was cordial, friendly, and told me I looked magnificent! She was given a gift by the Captain at the World Club reception and recognized as being the longest-sailing Cunard passenger of all time --- a grand total of some 11 years and a several months. She is to sail over the Christmas holidays on the Saga Ruby, sailing from England. I thought a lot of people would like to know this good news about a record-holding Cunarder.

Lord Kay of Shandon.

We had a number of chats and she was cordial, friendly,

Nice to hear that AT LAST she is happy, friengly etc toward people, a nice change of heart :)

I know that Bea can be rude at times, though personally I've been fortunate never to find her so. However, perhaps it would behove us to remember that she is an elderly woman, often subjected to the same questions she's been asked for years and years, and very often in pain. Let's give her a break, and remember that we are all subject to moments of short temper,particularly when living with pain.

I know that Bea can be rude at times, though personally I've been fortunate never to find her so. However, perhaps it would behove us to remember that she is an elderly woman, often subjected to the same questions she's been asked for years and years, and very often in pain. Let's give her a break, and remember that we are all subject to moments of short temper,particularly when living with pain.
I'm all for cutting people some slack due to circumstances beyond their control, but BM goes waaaaay beyond being "a bit tetchy" and having "the occasional off day."

I have met many little old ladies over the years, many in real pain, all have been polite amd friendly, Bea is rude almost all of the time, well known for it, no excuse, she is one rude lady.

If bea didnt like the questions, then she chose the wrong place to be, the wrong thing to do.

I hope now, maybe she is happy, less rude to people and enjoying life .

Okay, Cunard World Club recognizes her as longest sailing Cunard passenger of all time. Congratulations to her. It's probably unlikely, but does anyone know if anyone has sailed longer totally than her on any line? Or longer than her on any other single line?

Okay, Cunard World Club recognizes her as longest sailing Cunard passenger of all time. Congratulations to her. It's probably unlikely, but does anyone know if anyone has sailed longer totally than her on any line? Or longer than her on any other single line?

I believe that would be Mrs. Lorraine Artz, almost 13 years of days onboard Princess.

As of 2007 she was up to 11 years....so if she's kept going she could easily be getting on for 13....

Reports from Princess boards have her continuing for her normal 10 mo. out of 12 pace since then. But, yes, that was the last official news report I could find too. She's the Godmother of the Royal, so perhaps Cunard should make Mrs. Muller the Godmother of QE.

Archived