Ginger Ale

Shoegal62

Good question.

However ginger ale is made by Coke and all the ships are now carrying Pepsi products, pepsi doesn't make a ginger ale but I don't know what there similarity would be.

The soda pkg is for "carbonated soft drinks" which will be pepsi products however i have on rare occasions had the bartender pour from a can, but i say RARELY.

I suggest if your that much in need of ginger ale you should consider packing some. You will be able to purchase individual cans on ship but it won't be cheap.

Good question.

However ginger ale is made by Coke and all the ships are now carrying Pepsi products, pepsi doesn't make a ginger ale but I don't know what there similarity would be.

The soda pkg is for "carbonated soft drinks" which will be pepsi products however i have on rare occasions had the bartender pour from a can, but i say RARELY.

I suggest if your that much in need of ginger ale you should consider packing some. You will be able to purchase individual cans on ship but it won't be cheap.

Ginger ale isn't brand of soda made exclusively by the Coca Cola Company, it's a generic type of soda and it's manufactured by many different companies under many brand names.

I can't say whether ginger ale is part of the soda package because I've never purchased the soda package, but because ginger ale is a compononent of certain mixed drinks it almost certainly has to be available at the ship's bars.

As you say, it may be a good idea to buy some cans of ginger ale and bring them aboard if the OP wants to make sure it's readily available, and without having to pay on board prices.

In a pinch, bartenders make "ginger ale" from 7-up with a splash of coke....hard to believe, but if you try it you might really think that it is ginger ale.

Yeah, the color comes out right, but the flavor is not right at all if you ask me. (And it would make a really awful cocktail if I was expecting it with ginger ale.) However, most people tend to be clueless about it, and would even argue with you that they had received real ginger ale. You wouldn't believe how many restaurants do not carry ginger ale and use this trick.

When I was working and had to do lots of cocktail and hospitality suite parties, I often used the 7-up + coca cola trick to look like scotch and soda...it tasted good and I was able to drive home!! It really tasted somewhat like weak gingerale to me...not the british ginger beer, but still OK.

Ginger ale seems to be a regional thing, like Dr. Pepper, or Moxie. In certain part of the county bars rarely have ginger ale, and the bartenders will resort to your trick without even asking. In my opinion, it tastes nothing like ginger ale. It taste like, now let me think out this for a moment....7-up with a splash of cola!

In a pinch, bartenders make "ginger ale" from 7-up with a splash of coke....hard to believe, but if you try it you might really think that it is ginger ale.

Ginger ale seems to be a regional thing, like Dr. Pepper, or Moxie. In certain part of the county bars rarely have ginger ale, and the bartenders will resort to your trick without even asking.

You may be right, but I don't think I can recall ever seeing a list of basic bar mixers that didn't include ginger ale in the top 5 or so. Perhaps we patronize different types of bars.

Do they have Ginger ALe as part of the soda package?

Although I didn't purchase the soda package, I did order ginger ale in the MDR and various lounges/bars for $2.24. They bring a can and a glass, pour some of it for you, and leave the can so you can pour the remainder.

Although I didn't purchase the soda package, I did order ginger ale in the MDR and various lounges/bars for $2.24. They bring a can and a glass, pour some of it for you, and leave the can so you can pour the remainder.

Yes, if you purchase an individual soda this way, you are buying the whole can. But don't count on this if you order the soda package. It may depend on the ship/server, but I've never had them leave the can when they've poured from a can when using my soda card.

We've bought the ginger beer on 2 Jade cruises, and it is terrific! It's a US brand, with a zippy name, and has the zing of real ginger. Love it! It's the 1st thing we order on board. Wish we had it in the UK- can't remember the brand, but I think it was made in a state beginning with O.......jocap.

Haha. We very well may! I did a lot of work travel to Oklahoma in the 1990's and ginger ale seemed pretty scarce. It seemed hit or miss on the west coast, too. Maybe it's time for a new edition of the "Sleazy Dive Bartenders Guide.""

You may be right, but I don't think I can recall ever seeing a list of basic bar mixers that didn't include ginger ale in the top 5 or so. Perhaps we patronize different types of bars.

Archived